If you use something with a rechargeable battery, DO NOT LEAVE IT CHARGING OVERNIGHT. YOU WILL RUIN THE BATTERY.
Once it is done charging, UNPLUG IT, PLEASE.
I recommend charging it two-three hours before heading off to bed, hopefully that will get it to full (depends on how much the battery was and how long it takes to charge but a rule of thumb is 2/3 hours).
Then when you wake up in the morning, if they battery has drained, charge it while you get ready and whatnot.
Charging it overnight means your device has been plugged in for a general EIGHT HOURS, which is way too long.
I know too many people with short battery lives on their phones/computers because they charge it overnight and leave it plugged in even when it is fully charged.
PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE YOUR DEVICES PLUGGED IN OVER NIGHT.
THIS HAS BEEN A PSA.