The universe is considered to be made up of eight cartoon series, thirteen comics book series, four (possibly five) movies, and two web series.
DEFINITIVE UNIVERSE CANON:
There are eight series that for sure make up the universe (in chronological order):
* Batman: The Animated Series Seasons 1-3 (Season three is sometimes called The Batman and Robin Adventures)
* The New Batman Adventures or Batman Gotham Knights Season 1
* Static Shock Seasons 1-4
* Superman The Animated Series Seasons 1-3
* Justice League Seasons 1-2
* Justice League Unlimited Seasons 1-3 (Or 1-2 according to the DVDs which shipped Seasons 1 and 2 as “Season 1” and 3 as “Season 2”)
* Batman Beyond Season 1-3
* The Zeta Project Season 1-2
Despite fan speculation and some evidence supporting it, the Teen Titans series IS NOT in DCAU continuity according to everyone at the Titan’s studio and Bruce Timm and Co., and unlike other non-canon material, that was forced into continuity by fans, a majority of fans DO NOT want the series in the DCAU.
There are thirteen comics book series that Timm confirmed as NON-CANON but are considered to be in canon by fans:
*The Batman Adventures 1-36
* Batman and Robin Adventures 1-25
* Superman Adventures 1-66
*The Batman Adventures : Lost Years 1-5
* Gotham Adventures 1-60
* Adventures in the DC Universe 1-19
* Batman Beyond (Limited Series) 1-6
* Batman Beyond 1-24
* Gotham Girls 1-5
* Justice League Adventures 1-34
* Batman Adventures 1-17
* Batman : Harley and Ivy 1-3
* Justice League Unlimited 1-48
There are four movies based on their respective series:
* Batman: The Mask of the Phantasm (Falls somewhere between BTAS seasons 1 and 2)
* Batman & Mr. Freeze: Subzero (During or after BTAS Season 2)
* Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman (During TNBA)
* Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker (After BB Season 3)
As of right now it is unknown if Superman Brainiac Attacks is part of the DCAU continuity. It was not originally intended to, but it has almost all the same voices and character designs and it would fit perfectly between the last season of S:TAS and the first season of Justice League.
Also Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths original script was intended to fill the gap between Season 2 and the first Season of Unlimited. The original project never got the green light and it was recycled as independent movie. Still many subtle nod and references are scattered throughout the movie.
Though they featured different voices and designs Gotham Girls and Lobo, two macromedia flash series, are considered canon by fans and non-canon by Bruce Timm, despite massive fan demand they still have not been released in a DVD form.
Feel free reblog this!
Oi just to recap!
OR PUT IT BLUNTLY
ANY ANIMATED SHOW OR MOVIE OUTSIDE OF WHAT LISTED HERE IS NOT DCAU THE UNIVERSE IS CONSIDERED RETIRED TV WISE!