Planetary Bath Salts 🌌🛀🏻
Using bath salts can be a wonderful yet simple way to incorporate cosmic witchcraft into your everyday life, not to mention relaxing!
(gif by @shelleyfeather)
Basic Recipe for Bath Salts:
- 1 to 2 cups of Epsom Salts
- ½ to 1 cup of kosher salt
- ¼ to ½ cup of baking soda
- 20 to 30 drops of essential oil
- 2 to 4 tablespoons of your favorite carrier oil (avocado, jojoba, grapeseed, etc.)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of dried herbs or flowers
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of body safe glitter
- Mix salts, baking soda, glitter, and dried herbs together, first, in an airtight container and set aside
- Mix together essential oils and carrier oil in a separate container
- Add the oil mixture to the salt mixture, mix everything together, and seal tightly
- Add ¼ to ½ a cup of bath salts to your bath water and enjoy!
Essential Oil & Herb/Flower combinations for each planet:
- Moon - jasmine oil, juniper berry oil, dried white rose petals
- Sun - citronella oil, cedarwood oil, dried chamomile
- Mercury - lavender oil, sandalwood oil, dried parsley
- Venus - ylang ylang oil, vanilla oil, dried red rose petals
- Mars - patchouli oil, pennyroyal oil, dried basil leaves
- Jupiter - oak oil, sage oil, dried carnation petals
- Saturn - cypress oil, myrrh oil, dried rosemary
- Uranus - neroli oil, lime oil, dried coffee grounds
- Neptune - lemon balm oil, pine oil, dried jasmine petals
- Pluto - anise oil, eucalyptus oil, oats
Caution: Essential oils may cause skin irritation, at the very least. Some essential oils have adverse side effects on various body systems and all should be avoided while pregnant. Please consult your physician before using any essential oils on yourself if you have any known physiological disorder, and perform a skin patch test to see if you have an adverse skin reaction before use. Remember to always dilute your essential oils with a carrier oil.
Oils you should avoid that are known to cause skin irritation, but not limited to: basil, oregano, thyme, nutmeg, clove, cinnamon, black pepper, and bay.