I’ve gotten a few asks about body scrubs, so here ya go! More tutorials here. And before I get asked again, the “scary witch lady” is not a scary witch lady but the mascot for my bath & body company, Bath Sabbath, which is Heavy Metal themed… He can be a scary witch lady if you ask politely though.
Let me know if you have any questions or I spelled something wrong k thankssssss.
Exoskeletons - natural perfumes unlike anything else. Reading about dark arts in a library full of leather-bound books, with traces of cigar smoke and heady resins in the air. Performing a ritual deep in the woods, under the full moon. Drawing your circle on the ground after a rainstorm. Smoke, fire, ashes. Earth, moss, roots. Witchcraft in a bottle.
If you’re looking to kick those commercial shampoos filled with parabens and sulfates then be sure to check out my new beauty DIY for making a natural Rosemary Mint Shampoo! A little goes a long way with this cream shampoo and it’s great for those stubborn scalp conditions too! Find this natural rosemary mint shampoo recipe at Soap Deli News blog.
Not a requirement, but feel free to follow my pages on Etsy, Facebook, and Twitter. Social media amiright?
Only Reblogs count!
Winner will be chosen Saturday, June 15th.
Will Ship anywhere in the world!
Please have your ask box open, if you do not respond within 72 hours another winner will be chosen!
Vegan options available, just let me know!
And a huge thank you from the bottom of my cold, dead heart for all the support you guys have given me and Bath Sabbath. I appreciate it more than I can possibly convey, but here’s a coupon code for 10% anyway: TUMBLR10, expires on the 15th!
Thanks again for the amazing year, I love you all! <3
Unfortunately, I don’t have a bath in my house. Bummer. But my mum and dad have a hugebath at home and so I like to buy/make things to use when I go back for visits. Bath salts are great because they are cheap to make in bulk so you don’t feel guilty for throwing big handfuls in! You can get Epsom, kosher and sea salt at most health food stores and even sometimes at the supermarket (though it will probably be much more expensive). When adding your scents, be careful not to go too overboard as it can make your bath slippery. And if you’re going to add things like lavender, rose petals, etc. it may be wise to scoop them out before you let your bath out so you don’t clog your system! But back to the nice stuff. Lavender is great for calming, as is chamomile. There is a absolutely amazing chart here on different essential oils, their properties, whether they are uplifting, calming, etc, even the best oils to combine with others. Try making some extra jars for gifts and you’ll be popular forever!
Homemade Bath and Body Recipes You Can Make and Sell
Trying to make extra cash this year? Try out one or all of these fantastic homemade bath and body recipes that you can make and sell online or at your local farmer’s market this spring/summer!
1. Easy Cream Eyeshadow Recipe - This easy cream eyeshadow recipe requires just three ingredients! However, the result is a beautiful and highly pigmented cream eyeshadow that glides on smooth and provides lasting results. It’s also great for blending.
2. Exfoliating Spring Gardener’s Soap - This exfoliating spring gardeners cold process soap recipe naturally exfoliates with poppy seeds and walnut shell powder to help remove tough dirt and grime.
3. Simple Homemade Skin Care Recipes - Natural skin care care products don’t have to be hard to make or contain a lot of ingredients. If you’re looking to get started in making your own simple homemade skin care recipes but don’t have a lot of money to invest up front, just want to try something new or are looking for starter recipes that you can customize later, these skin care recipes are perfect! Presented are three simple homemade skin recipes for creating your own natural salve, homemade body butter and exfoliating sugar scrub.
4. Pink Salt & Sal Butter Soap Recipe - This homemade pink salt and sal butter soap recipe contains a high percentage of skin conditioning sal butter and mineral rich pink Himalayan salt that aids in detoxing, healing and nourishing skin. Scent with a lemon verbena fragrance oil for a bright seasonal fragrance!
5. Solid Sugar Scrub Cubes Recipe - This traditional solid sugar scrub cubes recipe is not only easy to make, but it’s ready the same day making it a perfect option for a next day farmer’s market. Made using all natural ingredients this solid sugar scrub cubes recipe is great for crafting year round to give as homemade gifts for everything from birthdays to Mother’s day! And the easy no hassle recipe is also easy to customize with your favorite essential oil or essential oil blends and a carrier oil that suits your skin care needs.
6. Foaming Salt Scrub Recipe - This foaming salt scrub recipe is super easy to make and can be customized with your favorite scent! Just melt, pour and mix ingredients for a foaming salt scrub that gently exfoliates as it lathers and cleanses like soap!
8. DIY Melt & Pour Loofah Soap - These homemade loofah soaps are simple to craft which makes them a quick and easy project you make the night before a big event! I made mine in about a half hour and scented them with a White Tea & Ginger fragrance oil.
9. Natural Creamy Lemon and Poppy Seed Sugar Scrub Recipe - I crafted this particular natural sugar scrub with spring in mind – thus the fresh lemon fragrance and poppy seeds. The addition of shea butter makes this scrub extra creamy rather than oily or drippy which is one of my pet peeves. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
10. Natural Hair Mask Recipe - Summer can really do a number on your hair. Whether you’re fighting off the frizz from high humidity, need to combat the damage from sun or the drying effects of pool chlorine, this homemade natural hair mask recipe will rejuvenate your tresses in no time with it’s combination of certified organic oils and shea butter.
11. Lemon & Poppy Seed Soap Recipe - This simple homemade nut free soap recipe contains zero nut oils so even those with nut allergies can enjoy this classically scented lemon poppyseed soap. While coconut oil traditionally boosts lather in homemade cold process soap recipes, this nut free soap recipe instead uses palm kernel flakes which has similar lather boosting properties. In addition it also incorporates less costly ingredients for those who are soaping on a budget.
12. Natural Exfoliating Homemade Foot Scrub Recipe - This all natural homemade foot scrub recipe isn’t a mess of slippery oils, but rather a creamy combination of natural shea and cocoa butters and non-greasy argan and sweet almond oils. Fine ground pumice and walnut shell powder lend their supercharged exfoliating properties, while sea salt and tea tree oil lend their healing qualities. Plus there’s a touch of peppermint for a fresh, cool scent to refresh feet and keep them in tip top shape all season long!
While this last project for creating your own easy DIY light bulb aquariums isn’t a homemade bath and body recipe, it is one of my most popular Pinterest pins and it takes very little time to put together. And they make great homes for tiny Japanese Marimo moss balls. Learn how to make them here.