Happy birthday, darling one! You're the soul of our amazing vampire fandom. Keep being awesome. Love you ~ <333
Thank u! What a lovely message to get! I’m deeply touched.
Look, full disclosure: this was a message from last year, but I felt guilty last year bc I didn’t want to spam ppl’s dash but I did anyway, and then this one…
In light of this past year, and various public and private discussions about what my role is in the VC fandom, I’m glad I saved the message for now, even though I’m very sorry to @tragic-black for holding onto it for so long, but… I couldn’t answer it in good faith a year ago., and now I’m ready.
I’m not the soul of the fandom. I’m a cheerleader. I just want us to get along, and I want more fanworks, and even the ones I don’t personally relate to, bc if there’s one thing I know to be true of our fandom after all these years: there’s something for everyone! Lots of different and equally valid ways to engage with canon and other fans.
As a birthday gift from me, I would just ask that you all take a moment to realize that YOU are the soul of our amazing vampire fandom. Everyone.
- the ppl who lurk and just watch quietly,
- the people who edit the music videos,
- the people who make music playlists,
- the people who make aesthetic posts,
- the people who make photo manipulations,
- the people who make casting suggestions,
- the people who make and/or wear cosplays,
- the people who read the fanfic and/or leave kudos/comments,
- the people who write the fanfic,
- the people who draw the fanart,
- the people who commission it or just Like/Reblog any of the fanworks,
- the people who share their headcanons with us publicly or privately and make canon richer w/ their ideas,
- the role-players who take on the challenge of BEING the characters,
- the muns who write OCs to interact with canon characters,
- I’m sure I’m forgetting someone… :-P
- You get the idea.