The beginning of a series where you fall in love with a soldier named Alex.
A Note From The Author: This is the first of many chapters for this Alex!AU. This chapter is simply setting the scenes for what is to come between y/n and Alex. Stay tuned for swing dancing, cheeky banter from Alex, and a few stolen kisses along the way. Let me know what you think! xxh
The store sat empty, as it did most days of the week. Dust
regularly collected on the cash register sitting in front of you and its brass
keys grew stiff with the lack of activity. With your elbows propped up on the
counter, you leaned your weight forward and held your chin in the hand that
wasn’t busy drumming across the countertop. They tapped in time with the clock
ticking on the wall, a constant reminder that you were stuck here on such a
lovely day outside.
It was unusually warm for this time of year. Normally
covered in a dreary layer of gray, the sidewalks and storefronts shone in the
rare-April sunshine, people out and about, taking advantage of the weather. You
were antsy as you watched out the window, hoping that someone, anyone, would walk through the door and
give you something to talk about.
Soooo marching band au??? Here’s what everyone plays-
Max: Originally snare. Band needed a drum major, and was forced to do it cuz he was best fit. He soon loved it.
Nikki: Piccolo. Originally hated it and thought it was too girly, but not only did it keep her out of color guard with the ‘flower scouts’ but she was in the same section Ered was in, and she made flute seem cool. Plus she could deaf people if need be with that thing.
Neal: Clarinet. Old and breaks easy so he’s always got a tool kit on hand and tinkering with it. Hates the thing and swears it has a mind of its own when he’s playing, but for some reason it plays beautifully when he’s calm and into the music.
Harrison: Saxophone. Like playing weird shit, Too many Zooz is his jam.
Preston: Oboe. Refused to switch to another instrument for marching band, and doesn’t march, plays in the pit. Furiously tries out for every solo ever, super critical on others playing.
Nerris: Euphonium. Liked the deep sounds of the brass instrument, makes he feel powerful playing it. She claims the band would be nothing without he low brass supported. (She’s right for the most part)
Ered: Flute. Actually super talented, one of the best players in band. Duels sometimes playing xylophone if needed.
Nurf: Tuba. Hates tuba player stereotypes. Only plays it for support during marching season, otherwise playing trumpet. Ered taught him how to play flute after practice once.
Dolf: Bugle. Will play trumpet if bribed, and is good at it.
Space kid: Bass drum. Loves playing it. His personal drum kit has different planets painted on each drum.
Flower Scouts: All color guard. David never dares to guide them in anyway, even as band director.
Wood Scouts: Various percussion. All actually p good, just extremely cocky. Max haaaates having to work with them on timing, always slightly off cuz they think they are too good to watch a drum major.
David & Gwen: Co-directors. Trying to build a marching band from the ground up. Gwen as originally the band teacher for elementary schoolers, but bailed as soon as she saw a new band teacher opening up. No more deafening recorders.
David is well established in composing music, and helped direct a couple bands before, but never had one of his own. He was introduced to a ragtag group of band kids in need of a director with a shit school budget and old instruments to match. Turns out they ran off many directors and needed to be ‘whipped into shape’.
If u got any questions about this au feel free to ask me ^^
you’re gonna rattle the stars
art by thekoreanpineapple on tumblr
Pinkzebra - Larger Than Life Passion Pit - My Brother Taught Me How To Swim - Zack Hemsey - I’ll Find A Way" (Instrumental) 05. Short Hair - Mulan OST Kyle Dixon & Michael Stein - Kids Two Avicii - Hey Brother (Syn Cole Remix) [Radio Edit] Jose Gonzalez - Step Out (The Chainsmokers Remix) Star Wars - The Force Awakens - Rey’s Theme - Violin vs. Maschine cover Twenty One Pilots - Trees (Culture Remix) Peter Pan - 02 - Flying Alex Skrindo & Geoxor - KawaiiStep The Machine - Rabbit Heart (Raise It Up) Undertale - Asgore/Heartache (Cement City Remix) The Midsummer Station - Bombshell Blonde (Full Track w/ She’s A Genius - Jet (lyrics on screen) FL Studio - TRON: Legend of Korra - 【Touhou】Bad Apple!! Gameboy 8 - bit ver.【Shadow Art】【東方】 Porter Robinson - Lionhearted feat. Urban Cone (Arty Remix) (Audio) feat. Urban Cone Porter Robinson - Sad Machine (Darren Styles & Gammer Remix) Kingdom Hearts - Dearly Beloved (Leg Day Future Bass Remix) - GameChops Gabrielle Aplin - Home (Eyes Remix)
Taylor Swift at Nos. 1 & 4 on Billboard Hot 100, as Cardi B Moves Up to No. 2
By: Gary Trust for Billboard Date: September 11th 2017
Swift reigns for a second week with “Look What You Made Me Do” & debuts with “…Ready for It?” Plus, as Cardi B’s “Bodak Yellow” rises 3-2, solo women control the top two for the first time in almost three years.
Taylor Swift’s “Look What You Made Me Do” spends a second week at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart (dated Sept. 23). Swift also debuts at No. 4 on the Hot 100 with “…Ready for It?,” with both songs previewing her new album Reputation, due Nov. 10.
Meanwhile, Cardi B bumps 3-2 with “Bodak Yellow (Money Moves),” marking the first time in nearly three years that solo women (in lead roles) rank at Nos. 1 and 2 simultaneously on the Hot 100.
Also notably, Charlie Puth’s “Attention,” at No. 7 on the Hot 100, takes over as the most-heard song on U.S. radio, as it crowns the Radio Songs chart.
As we do every Monday, let’s run down the top 10 of the Hot 100, which blends all-genre streaming, airplay and sales data. All charts will update on Billboard.com tomorrow (Sept. 12).
I’ve been working on a tribute piece for the movie Interstella 5555 / Discovery album, by Leiji Matsumoto and Daft Punk. Here’s my take on it. I would like to thank the Hubble Telescope for taking incredible pictures of galaxies, and Nasa for releasing them.
okay so me and @thelast-dodo are crying over musically inclined + adhd Lance McClain, and just voltron characters + music in general so I just…
Lance is great with string instruments, especially the ukulele and the guitar
• He’s had an undying love for the ukulele since he was like 9 because he managed to strum a chord and half his family cheered and his dad stuck a sticker on his cheek
Both his guitar and uku are a mess of bumps and dings, and they’re both plastered with stickers all over
• He plays when he’s stressed
• He plays when everybody else is stressed, too
• He’s constantly strumming similar patterns when morale’s low and urging the others to input their own lyrics, anything at all
• “C’mon, Keith, you usually never shut up!” “Aw, please, Allura, I never hear you sing!” “Shiro you know you wanna”
• Hunk’s the first to try it out, and pretty much after that they’re doing their best to sing something even slightly coherent
• It’s never coherent, ever, but that makes it extra fun
• Lance has so many lyrics stuck in his head at all times
• Lyrics he doesn’t understand ‘You’re a constellation and stars mean everything to me, you’re the sun and being warm is everything to me-’ and lyrics he does understand ‘Playin’ word catch with you is like a dream, I’ll tell you-’ and lyrics that chime and ding and lyrics that feel like sparklers and feel like Summer or scarves or cat purrs
• He makes up songs all the time and he knows he has a good voice so goddamnit, he’s gonna sing all the time if he wants to!
• Keith is the first to learn one of his songs off by heart and gosh, can those two boys harmonise
• It nearly brings Lance to tears when Keith’s able to join in with one of his songs all the way through, he hadn’t been expecting it
• There are notes everywhere with stray lyrics on them
• Hunk starts collecting them first, and putting them in Lance’s room for safe keeping
• Soon enough everybody’s doing that too
• Sometimes Keith and Lance are handing out in Lance’s room, Lance strumming away absently and Keith just letting the sound wash over him
• Lance’s words might get stuck and Keith just pulls a suitable lyric from his notes and sings it, and the song carries on
• Lance’s music is sporadic and unpredictable in every way, and moves and changes unexpectedly
• His train of thought changes a lot while he’s thinking about the music and the words together
• Allura once asked if that was how Earth music worked normally. Shiro just grinned at her. “No, that’s just how Lance music works.”
• The boy cant read sheet music for the life of him, he just kinda knows where chords fit together and the boy just gets it without really getting it
• Pidge once called him the “Mozart of the ukulele” but Keith rejected that real quick, because Mozart relied on sheet music, and anyway, Lance is the Lance of the ukulele because nobody else can play like Lance can
• Lance blushes at that. A lot.