My Mum and I get invited to lunch or
dinner once a week by a good friend of ours. Mostly on weekend, he lets me
decide if I want to eat Italian, Asian or something else, and then we go there.
My absolute favorite is a little
Italian restaurant in our town. Not only because the food there is so tasty it
should be illegal, but also because there is that one elderly waiter – Italian himself-
who always makes my day.
The first time we went to that
restaurant, we were not served by that guy, though, but by a younger,
unlikeable young waiter. He didn’t greet us, brought the wrong drinks and didn’t
once smile or anything.
The whole time, I felt quite
uncomfortable around him, but I got a glimpse of that elderly waiter in the
background, watching with a frown. He caught my interest because he looked just
as uncomfortable by the younger’s display as I did.
And then, the young one made one
last misstep – he turned towards my Mum and said, “What does the boy want to
There was a long pause where we all
exchanged confused gazes, before I said, slowly but clearly, “I’m a girl, sir.”
(I wasn’t angry, mind you. It
happens quite a lot to me – I close to never wear tight clothes, my hair is cut
short and I never wear makeup. I see where it’s coming from, really.)
But what came then made me grit my
teeth, because instead of being baffled or even embarrassed, the guy looked at
me and said, “You’re kidding me, right?”
Before I could say anything – or calm
my mum, because she gasped loudly in outrage – the elder waiter swooped in,
bristling as he basically tore into the younger one. I couldn’t understand what
he said, because he talked Italian the whole time, but my Mum later said that
he had been outraged that “A beautiful young Signorina” just as me had been insulted like that.
All in all, it didn’t take very long
until the young waiter vanished back in the kitchen and the elder waiter turned
towards me, basically bowed to me and
apologized over and over again. “I’m so sorry, Signorina, that you had to hear that! Please accept my sincere apology…!”
“No, please,” I managed, not knowing
if I should be embarrassed or amused by the sight of him being so dramatic. “This
happens a lot to me, please, you didn’t do anything wrong.”
“Ah, Signorina, such a gentle soul you are!”
At that point, I laughed out loud
because he beamed at me with such a delight, it was just funny how passionate
he was about all that.
Since then, the dear waiter always
insisted on being the one who catered to us whenever we come to this
restaurant. I didn’t complain at all, and also my mum and our friend were quite
amused by that. The elderly man would take my jacket off, pull my chair back
for me and give me a kiss on the hand once we left again, insisting that I had
to be treated like “the gentle and nice Singorina”
Honestly, such behavior is strange
to me, since I didn’t really grow up with gentlemen, but I let him have his
fun, since he always pouted when I wouldn’t let him tend to me. It was his way
of showing me his respect, and if that was what he wanted, I would let him.
Today, we went there for lunch, but
I wasn’t really looking forward to it. I was still deep in thought about school
and that dumb group project, and the only reason I did leave the house at all
was because my Mum basically pleaded me to do so.
So I was kind of staring into the
air instead of making conversation, and didn’t even realize that I had taken
off my jacket alone before the waiter could help me.
Once my mum left to go to the toilet
and our friend went back to his car because he had forgotten his wallet there,
I was startled by the waiter appearing next to me, putting down a little plate
with chocolates on the table next to me.
I blinked, frowning. “Excuse me, but
we didn’t order that.”
“Ah, but Signorina,” he winked at me, smiled crookedly. “That’s a little
present on the house.”
I managed a little smile, thanking
He hummed, refilling my glass and
explaining. “I missed your smile today, Signorina.”
“I’m sorry. I’m a bit… lost in thought,
“We can’t have that, no, no.”
I shot him a glance, guessing that
he was already planning something again, but he just took my order with a wide
smile and disappeared in the kitchen again.
Let’s just say that he exceeded
himself that day.
The pizza I ordered was not round as
usual – somehow, he had managed to convince the chef to make it heart-shaped
this time. In between bits of conversation, he would appear at our table,
refill the little plate with chocolates again and again, shooting me a grin
every time. And when I followed my Mum out of the restaurant, he waited already
at the door, surprising me with a bowl full of chocolate mousse – “on the house”,
he explained with a wink.
Etiquette or whatever be damned – I straight
out hugged him then and there. And based on his delighted laughter and him
cheering “There is your smile, Signorina!”
I don’t think he really minded.
Honestly, bless this angel of a
person, please. Bless him and all his descendants.
There’s a low, paint-chipped door in the corner of Alexei Mashkov’s living
room in Providence.
His agent tells him that the door used to connect to the apartment next to his,
a long time ago, when the structure had been one. The door leads to nowhere
now, only a wall of bricks. Alexei has even seen the wall of bricks in person,
when he requested the landlord open the door for fun. He’s always been curious,
after all, and the old, rusted key that the agent picks out from the cabinets
only added to that curiosity.
“You’ll get yourself into trouble one day, Lyosha,” his grandmother used to
tell him. Alexei had been young, perhaps seven or eight, when she warned him.
“Don’t ask so many questions, and try to be happy, or the spirits will see, and take you.” She
had said, “Don’t go through strange doors, and don’t follow voices, especially
if they sing to you.”
“What’s so bad about singing?” Alexei had demanded, in a petulant way only a
seven-year-old can manage. “I sing.”
“Yes, love, but they sing to
confuse you,” his grandmother had responded. “They sing of a life better than
the one you have, so you want to come to them. You see? They want to trick you
and steal you away.”
Of course, Alexei had thought her warning had been metaphorical, if not
slightly cryptic. She’d been old then, and easily confused. If you take out the
spirits part, the rest sound more or less logical. He figured that she doesn’t
want him talking to strangers and end up kidnapped, so Alexei had merely nodded
and promised her. No going in strange doors, no following the singing voice, not that there’d been any in his life. Until now.
The bricks are nothing special: the seams filled with cement, the corners dusty
with cobwebs. It’s nothing out of the ordinary, but there’s a draft that only
Alexei can feel because when he mentions it to the agent, she only blinks in
“Why not lock it?” Alexei asks, when the agent pockets the old key and closes
the old, wooden door.
“Why should I?” the agent says, smiling. “The wall is bricked up. Not like
there’s anything that can come out. Now, let’s go to the kitchen. The structure
itself is a little old, almost 150 years, but it’s been recently remodeled.
It’s got a beautiful granite counter top—”
Alexei loves the house. But doesn’t know why he feels uneasy about the door. When he gets the keys to the house, he finds the rusted key again and locks the door.
Part 2 witch!au!!! I wanna know more about their deal and why Neil's not Andrews familiar!
Neil is not Andrew’s familiar because he is not a spirit. Familiars are essentially the essence of a witch’s spirit and inner self taking the form of an animal. Gaining a familiar is a complicated process and requires blood magic, and Neil wasn’t summoned to Andrew’s side. It’s kind of hard to explain, but you know *jazz hands* magic.
As for the deal, it went something like this:
it’s the beginning of summer and andrew is tired
being around annoyances for nine months was exhausting and the only reason andrew is letting kevin inside his car is because of their promise
kevin stays in the car when andrew goes out
not too far but far enough that andrew can pretend to be alone
except there’s a cat in the tree above him that’s practically suffocating in binding magic
really, it’s a surprise that the cat’s even keeping himself upright
andrew… well, he’s not about to let a cat suffer so he takes the cat and does some magic to dispel the bind
side note: binding magic isn’t bad in any way
it’s usually used to make teammates/partners stronger
it can also be used as a sort of marriage ceremony
typically, binding magic isn’t permanent and requires the consent of all parties
however, the deal with the cat was that a taboo sort of binding spell was used so that he wouldn’t be able to escape his master without causing pain unto himself
that spell is not public knowledge–only the influential are meant to know about it
ive said this a million times but finn is a much better child protagonist, because unlike steven, he grows and develops over time. the writers seem to acknowledge that the environment that he’s in and the situations he take part in (specifically his desire to have a girlfriend, his father issues and coping with the fact that he’s the only human) affect how he grows up.
literally the only reason i struggle to see steven as 14 isnt because he looks 8, but because almost nothing about him has changed to show growth. sure he has spouts of anger and gets introspective, but season 1 steven was exactly like that. the writers still want to make him oblivious and dumb and yet also the voice of reason and apparently the smartest character in the show.
steven’s character regression is so baffling because really did start off as a youn kid with a lot of promise but the writers can’t let him… grow up.
i laughed out loud when lars told steven “when did you get so smart” because literally nothing steven said was deep or profound. he basically said what any person with common sense would say, “go do what you love, and if people hate it, that’s their problem”.
i talk about steven a lot on this blog because the writers seem to demand for its older audience to be impressed by the “growth” and “development” steven went through. but every episode that implies steven will slowly change as a character always ends up completely dropping it.
and yet, because these writers are too incompetent, seemed to have completely given up on making steven heroic and just have characters stand around talking about how great he is.
adventure time never needed to tell us that finn was growing, we could see that. based off of how he reacted, based his own self reflection, self issues, flaws, behavior, etc.
steven changes but only when the narrative wants him to. he says something encouraging to lars and the narrative acts like he really said something eye-opening. he’ll act foolish and immediately trust navy, but then show fear and discomfort when jasper claims that she changed. he’ll suddenly struggle with self doubt and feeling useless, and yet never display this problem in any other area. steven suddenly decides to sit watch a gem nearly get killed, simply because it was a chance for lars to come to their aid.
the worst example is how steven and finn react to finding out that they’re characters are the opposite of what they expected
finn being shocked that martin was a shit dad was a straight up punch to the gut. all that praise and build up finn had for his family and he finds out that his father wants nothing to do with him. this doesnt leave him and continues to affect him in later episodes, where he needed support to help vent his problems
steven’s reaction is just… all over the place
he’ll totally be complacent with the gems stating that the CG’s killed homeworld gems and then act surprised that his mother was actually a killer and then accepts that she was in the right and then later calls her out on her hypocrisy and then suddenly decides he desperately wants to be just like her and…… do you see where im going with this?
lars’s 4 episodes of development, despite having a few problems, is miles better than steven’s sad excuse for character development the writers badly want me to praise and acknowledge.
i dont watch steven grow, i watch him get new character traits that the writers slap on to him for the sake of telling a story
its not fun to watch a character flip flop and slowly lose and identity simply because the writers cant give steven flaws, and the only supposed flaws he does have are simply a result of the writers incompetence, which make poor ‘ol steven look lazy, selfish and a huge hypocrite
1. CeCe claims that she wasn’t the one to talk to Melissa (even though she told Emily that she talked to her to get the tapes and we saw a flashback) and that it was Bethany. So how is Melissa and Bethany talking if they don’t know each other and how did Jason know what Bethany looked like to mistake her for being CeCe?
2. The rooftop incident is one of the biggest plot holes from 6x10. First of all, why would a institution let patients on a rooftop WITHOUT supervision? No hospital does that. And how is Charles 12 years old when Marion died in 2007?yes I know you wanna kiss me.
3. Why did it say “prom queen” in the yearbook if cece didn’t go to school at rosewood high? Just sit on down so we can take your picture even though you don’t go to school here.
4. What was the point of bringing up that Mrs. D and Mr. Young (Bethany’s dad) had an affair if it’s never not going to be addressed again? Further more, who the fuck are Bethany’s parents and why did Mrs. D tell Bethany to call her “aunt Jessie”? Also we didn’t see Bethany’s face only when she was a child…
5. What does Sara Harvey have against Hanna? I recall seeing redcoat burning Hanna’s doll head off…
6. How did CeCe become an expert in the medical field?
7. Apparently CeCe found out that Ali was alive in 3x24 but yet weren’t Noel and CeCe helping Alison the whole time? I can’t remember if it was an assumption since Ali helped CeCe escape to Paris and we assumed it was because Cece helped Ali stay in hiding, too. So if someone can explain that to me that would be great.
8. Marlene confirmed in via interview that CeCe buried Mrs D so CeCe is just going to send a video of burying her mom and send it Alison even though she claimed that she loved her? but now we’re being told that Mary might been the one to bury her…. well what the fuck.
9. What the fuck happened to Eddie lamb?
10. Why did A need a tux rental if it was CeCe and Sara?
11. So did CeCe turn herself in at the end of 4x23? Or did someone else turn her in? It’s a plot hole until explained.
12. Why would CeCe dress as a male in the dollhouse if she identifies herself as female now? No one that is transgender wouldn’t do that because it would remind them of their past. You can say that she did it to make the girls think it’s a guy or whatever but a trans person wouldn’t do that.
13. In 6x06 Mona said that Leslie said that two patients snuck out that night CHARLES and Bethany, who the fuck is Charles? That would’ve been Charlotte by then.
14. Why did Barry help CeCe escape?
15. If Jessica was protecting CeCe, then why bother telling the girls that she didn’t want Ali and CeCe spending time together. If she was protecting CeCe, why cast any suspicious light on her at all?
16. Why didn’t Mrs. D show any emotion to CeCe being arrested? She just starred at her…
17. If she was a patient at Radley while attending U Penn, then how in the hell did she have a room mate when she went to U Penn? If the room mate was just a person she hired, then why have her tell the girls that she blamed them and Ali for her getting kicked out of U Penn.
18. Why did Wren make CeCe a visitors badge?
19. How was CeCe allowed to go to cape may if she was in radley? They’re not going to let you out for summer trips….
20. Spencer said she felt something familiar about the guy in the dollhouse, now before y'all say that it’s because CeCe and Spencer are sisters, this wasn’t planned back then and CeCe and Spencer barely had any interaction with each other. So how is the person going to feel familiar to you if you barely know them?
21. “One of you have been touch by the one Alison fears the most.” We can all assume that it was because Aria touched CeCe when she was about to fall in 4x12 but Alison never feared CeCe and I just don’t think so….
22. Why are the girls irrelevant to the mystery and are just being tortured for fun
23. Why was Mary at the blind school in 7x10?
24. Who was the blond girl in the window of Alison’s bedroom in 1x01?
25. When and where did CeCe and Sara meet?
26. Why did Sara help CeCe and what were her motives?
27. Marlene confirmed in via interview that Ian killed himself, okay why?
28. What was Alison talking about in 4x24 that she saw Ian walk out of the church after pushing him off? I recall Ian looking colorless on that rope….
29. Who was the person in 5x03 that was behind the glass with Mona while Hanna is getting her hair done?
30. Who the person in the black cap talking to Melissa on the security footage in 5x07?
31. Why would CeCe frame her sister for murder if she loved her so much?
32. Why would CeCe toss her fucking brother down an elevator shaft? “Oh Charlotte was angry.” Confirmed in via interview. um okay we need better answers than that marlene….
33. Who was the blond girl at the reptile place in 4x20? With our luck they’re probably going to say it was Sara…
34. Who exactly knew that Alison was alive? Because it seemed like a lot of people knew….
35. Who dug up Alison’s grave? Who exactly was there that night? You could say it was CeCe but it never came out of her mouth that she did it.
36. How did Maya die? Is she really dead? Why didn’t we get any closure? Lyndon was the one who supposedly killed her but yet he had no relevance to the story… and he didn’t even confirm that he killed her. “What do you think?” Isn’t confirmation.
37. Was Melissa really the other queen of hearts? We didn’t see her.
38. Who gave Ali the bloody lip?
39. Why was Noel helping CeCe in the dollhouse? What did CeCe have on him?
40. What is Melissa’s significance to the story? Why did Melissa take that photo of Wilden, Alison, and CeCe on the boat at cape may?
41. Why didn’t Eddie and Wren not like each other that much? “The minute that guy got here it wasn’t for the right reasons.” well what the fuck.
42. Who did Mona, Jenna, and Sydney meet at the park in 5x05?
43. Who was Wren talking to on the phone in 4x10? Why did he want
44. Was Bethany really the one who was writing to Alison or was it it CeCe?
45. Marlene said black widow was Endgame so is Sara Harvey endgame?
46. Why did Melissa want the NAT club videos so bad?
47. What were on the NAT club videos and what happened to them?
48. WHAT HAPPENED TO VARJACK?
49. What happened to Cyrus?
50. Why were 3 people wearing yellow tops that night?
51. What did Maya know? That Nate was in town? Because Nate isn’t relevant to the story
52. Why did Jason have stab wound on his side?
53. Who did Aria stab with the screwdriver?
54. Marlene confirmed in via interview that Wilden was acting alone but yet we heard two voices talking?
55. Who did Spencer hear scream in 1x01?
56. Who was the person in the black hoodie that Mona gave the pills to in 3x13?
57. Who hit Toby over the head that night and planted that lighter?
58. Jenna said that Wilden saw Alison that night, how come Alison never mentioned this when she came back? Was Jenna lying?
59. Why were Melissa and Ian in such a rush to get married? What did they need the alibi for?
60. What blond girl was Dr. Palmer talking about?
61. Why are there two different versions of the kissing rock video?
62. Who the fuck is Dr. Sullivan’s son? Mona was apparently threatening him in 2x25.
63. Why was Andrew being adopted brought up in the first place if it’s just going to be dropped?
64. Why were Jenna and Shana afraid of Melissa?
65. Why does 214 keep being brought up and what’s the significance of it?
66. Since it has been “confirmed” that Noel pushed the girl down the steps at the frat party, why did cece’s roommate say that Alison was the one to push the girl down the steps which resulted in getting cece kicked out?
67. What did Jenna give Shana at the park in 2x24?
68. Who did Jason give the 50,000 dollars to? And what kind of information did they give him in order for him to give them the money?
69. Why did Mona tell Wren “that’s before I knew where your loyalties lie.”?
70. Who attacked Alison on Halloween? We were led to believe that it was Lucas but it was never confirmed.
71. Who opened the door to that creepy house in 2x13? And why was there a radley car outside of the house?
72. What was the significance of the ghost girl and how come only Ashley saw her?
73. Who was the person in the redcoat Wren was coloring in?
74. What led Ezra to believe that Mrs. D was A?
75. What happened at Ali’s house when Alison came over to Spencer’s house. crying?
76. Who was that little boy at the doll shop referring to when he said “a man and woman with dark hair?”
77. Why did Mike have 18,000 followers in his bank account?
78. So Shana’s death was just forgotten about?
79. Where was Jason when he was suppose to be at rehab?
80. Did Cyrus really cut Alison’s leg? And if not where did it come from?
81. Why would Alison take pictures of Aria while sleeping?
82. Why did Melissa and Alison have masks made of themselves?
83. Who did Alison get in the car with outside of hectors?
84. What did the lawyer in 5x22 tell Ezra? He basically said that “If you don’t tell me then you can tell the police.” but yet he came out and said he wouldn’t tell him anything? What?
85. Who set up the A bullshit at the park in 5x01?
86. Who was the guy that knew Emily’s name?
87. What was up with the bloody bandages in Jason’s trash?
88. Why was Holbrook kissing Alison at the ice ball?
89. Why was CeCe on Ezra’s payroll?
90. Why was CeCe eavesdropping on aria and Ezra in 4x11?
91. What the fuck happened to Pepe and Tippy?
92. Why was Alison blackmailing people for money if she wasn’t planning on running away?
93. Who was Ali’s friends boyfriend that pulled the gun on her?
94. How is CeCe hanging out at a pub where Ezra and Ali met if she was suppose to be at radley?
95. What was Grunwald talking about when she said “Each one hated the other because each one feared the other because each one knew something about the other.”?
96. Who was hiding upstairs in the dilaurentis house?
97. Who was living under the crawlspace at the dilaurentis house? Was it Sara or CeCe?
98. Who was Bethany talking about on the tapes?
99. Why are there quotation marks around the word “Dr.” Kingston on the police board?
100. How did Alison’s ‘Jenna Thing’ bracelet get on Bethany’s body if she left it with Mona at the Lost Woods Resort?
101. What is the ‘plan’ Bethany is talking about on the tape?
102. Was the story Mona told Spencer about her seeing Alison as Vivian in Brookhaven in 2x25 true? Or did she just make it up? If it was true, who was Alison watching?
103. What was on page 5 of Alison’s autopsy report?
104. Who took the photo of Alison and the Liars in 4x13 that was given to Holbrook?
105. Who took the photograph of Alison with Spencer’s shadow in the background the night she disappeared?
106. Is Alison’s ghost story about the twins real? If so, who are the twins?
107. Why would CeCe let the Liars think Ali was A? She said she was mad at the liars for being glad that Ali was dead, but she actively let them hate her.
108. Why did Bethany have Melissa’s riding helmet?
109. Why did Melissa say she saw Toby in London when she didn’t?
110. Why did Wren misspell the word “diagnosis”?
Well that’s it. At least that’s all I put down… let’s see how all (or at least half) this is answered within the next 3 episodes. WE NEVER GOT CONFIRMED ANSWERS FOR THESE.
i just,,,, feel like yall should know that my brothers first experience with Dear Evan Hansen was when we were having a conversation and i had one headphone in and was listening to Sincerely, Me while we were talking and i spaced out at one point and just shouted
“I gotta tell ya life without ya has been hard- ‘Hard?’ Has been bad- ‘Bad?’ Has been R O U G H! ’~k i n k y~” when it came up. he looked horrified.
my brother’s first experience with DEH was me, his little sister, shouting kinky at him.
It was now Friday, the first day of rehearsal. You’d gotten there a little early, deciding to stretch and mentally prepare yourself, this would be your focus for the next few months. You’d gotten a text from Yoongi this morning, wishing you luck, so you felt pretty good about today.
fluff monster, like essentially he’s the same type of galra as sendak, but with a head of hair too.
he purs when lance massages behind the ears.
he loves to cuddle.
his ears give everything away and its hilarious to watch the paladins know exactly what hes thinking even though he hasnt said anything. basically brooding keith is gone because everyone already knows what hes thinking about
pidge is a bad influence about sleeping in random places and keith joins in. lance has tripped over him multiple times because for some reason camping outside of lances door is a thing.
his eyes basically glow in the dark (all the light from the low ambient lighting makes em do that) and when anyone is walking through the hallways and they see his eyes they all get scared for a oment before realizing its keith. lance screams every time. hunk may or may not tear up.
pidge is the only one thats not affected really. (nerves of steel)
when keith trains with shiro, hes just about as bendy as lance, and thats makes it ridiculously hard for shiro to pin him. poor space dad.
me and rhys have been talking about this and i’m probably just gonna put what he said in this too but basically it’s about buzzfeed and how there really isn’t much for gay women. you’ve probably already seen the multiple posts i make about it lmao.
basically all the quizzes are like “we know your taste in men” and variations of that. they don’t seem to have a consistent idea about anything because one week they’re like omg so queer!!! and the next they’re publishing articles about how bisexual women aren’t gay enough and they have to choose either being “fully gay” or straight.
they seem to pander to and capitalize on only white gay men most of the time and there really isn’t anything for lesbians/bisexual women/pansexual women.