Here’s the thing:
D&D made the Martells unlikable and unknowable as soon as Oberyn died. It was as if they pulled out all the stops and gave themselves the greenlight to do whatever the hell they want with the remaining characters. So they chose to:
1) Flip flop on Ellaria’s character, turning her from Oberyn’s likeminded partner into a mastermind of a plot to kill two children, one of them Oberyn’s nephew, and Doran
2) Make the Sand Snakes as bland and one-dimensional as possible, emphasizing that they are both Sexy and Deadly but still a little Incompetent
3) Kill off Doran and Trystane before the season ended, because they were just dead weight in the Dornish scorched earth storyline
4) Make sure Ellaria was painted as the Evil Bisexual Brown Woman and the Sand Snakes as her Evil Offspring
5) Oberyn’s influence just went POOF basically because killing Doran and Trystane has nothing to do with vengeance for Oberyn lol
6) Allowed them very little chracter development, kept them mysterious and frankly a little useless
7) Tried to make it seem believable that all of Dorne went like “lol okay sounds good” when Ellaria killed Doran and took over. Because brown people are treacherous and mindless anyways
8) Make the Dorne storyline the weakest point in their whole show
9) Oh, and cut Quentyn and Arianne because lol BORING, amiright? It’s more fun when the white folks angst over succession.
And that was just in season 6.
I can’t even muster any more rage over the treatment of show!Martells. Leave me to my wonderful book!Martells, the ones who actually care about the lives of children and innocents, who are more than sexy assassins, who are richer with the inclusion of Arianne and Quentyn (who make up all of the Martell POVs), and if/when they meet their doom there, I’ll get upset then.
But as for show!Martells? I can’t even force myself to give a shit anymore.