Feeling Yourself Disintegrate-The Flaming Lips “Love In our life Is just too valuable Oh, to feel For even a second Without it” How funny that the first one on shuffle would be the one I named my first fic after! When I wrote that fic, I tried to focus on a lot on how Natalie used grounding techniques like focusing on things like texture and sound. That kind of mindfulness is usually what I think about when I hear this song. One of the themes I like a lot in Natan fics is that their connection is almost basic to the molecule; that kind of reduction in mindfulness and just being is one aspect of Natan that I really like.
As I Rise-The Decemberists “California’s ok. But I think I might stay in the shade For a while, for a whi-ile. Ladybird, ladybird You’re the prettiest song I heard
“ This is a really calm song that also reminds me of the idea of what could be easiness in Natan. Sort of taking respite in comfort with another.
It’s A Wonderful Life-Bandits of the Acoustic Revolution “So I fight for this: the fact that as I pass away, I’ll feel her kiss, and I’ll smile: what a wonderful life” The song seems to be about a soldier who is at war. It’s somewhat nihilistic, which I imagine Lucifer would be in a similar situation. I can see him shipping his ass off, and thinking these things.
Do You Realize??-The Flaming Lips “Do you realize That you have the most beautiful face” This song is basically about how nothing is forever, and to spend your time doing good things with good people (at least how I’ve interpreted it). It reminds me of what Lucifer said when Natalie vowed to make him have at least one friend (back when we were all so young and innocent). I think that, knowing the End Times are coming, there’s a shade of making the best in their current time when it comes to Natan.
Disappear-Beyonce “And when I lie all by myself I see your face, I hear your voice
“ Time for sad Natan *devil emoji*. That’s… basically it. When I listen to this song I just think about a situation in which Natan doesn’t work out and we’re ~reminiscing~
Red Sweater-The Aquabats “You’re my girl I’m your man I don’t care if we live in a garbage can I’m your man You’re my gal I’m so glad that we are pals“ Listen y’all this song is super cute. I don’t believe that this would ever necessarily be explicitly said by Lucifer in a Natan situation, like, ever, but I think that the tone of this would underlie a domestic Natan situation.
Instant Crush-Daft Punk (ft. Julian Casablancas) “Now I thought about what I wanna say But I never really know where to go So I chained myself to a friend ‘Cause there’s nowhere else I could go” Time for more sad stuff!! I’ll admit, this is a situation where I’m twisting the song a bit for my Natan-loving-ass-self, as I’ve seen it most often interpreted as a love triangle type sitch. For Natan purposes, I can see it simply being a manifestation of Lucifer’s self-hatred and never believing that he’d be worth Natalie’s love
Buggin’-The Flaming Lips “
Does love buzz? Because that’s what it does” Wtf shuffle is making it look like the whole playlist is Flaming Lips lmao. BUT!!! This song is about love literally bugging you. It’s annoying and ridiculous and it gets in your fACE. I love the fics where they’re like “nO this can’T BE HAPPENING.” This is a very cute song for a very cute Natan.
Do It For Me Now-Angels & Airwaves “And I don’t know And I can’t guess It’s gonna be OK But now, my last wish Is that you do this with me Kiss me here, and hold my hand Let me feel like I’m the only one I know you can Won’t you do if for me now” Ding-dong who’s that at the door it’s AAAAAAAANGST. This song is pretty much about a relationship that’s in the crapper, and it’s just so so so easy to take Natan down the road of hurty times. As much as I love the always’n’forever idea of Natan, I also am super open to the idea of it being a transient thing, simply from the standpoint that Natalie is a human and Lucifer is not. Almost like how before he took her back to Santa Monica, Lucifer was apparently laying around her house, delaying the inevitability of him leaving. This song is, to me, someone who’s pushing back the end of a relationship. I think both Natalie and Lucifer are equally likely to be the kind to hold on to a relationship like this past its expiration date, too, if it has one.
Guess Things Happen That Way-Johnny Cash “Well you ask me if I’ll forget my baby. I guess I will, someday. I don’t like it but I guess things happen that way.” Tbh I just threw this one on the playlist because of these lyrics and the current Memory arc bc I’m an asshole. If we want, we can extrapolate some Lucifer stuff from the following lyrics:
“God gave me that girl to lean on, then he put me on my own. Heaven help me be a man and have the strength to stand alone. I don’t like it but I guess things happen that way“
2. favorite lyrics: every lyric from nickles & dimes by social distortion bc that’s basically my theme song
4. top 5 favorite songs at this moment:
begin again - shinedown
red lights - brian fallon
the pit - priest
the woods - the white buffalo
ghuleh / zombie queen - ghost
6. an overrated band: the fucking beatles
8. latest song that made you cry: i haven’t cried in months lol, but the last song that made me emotional was iridescent by linkin park
9. artist/band that saved your life: ok real quick before i answer this, i hate saying that an artist or band saved my life bc frankly putting that kind of weight/responsibility in another person’s hand seems ridiculous BUT the artists and bands that gave me the strength to save myself would be todd kerns and probs bon jovi
12. saddest song you know: you can only get so high by richie sambora just bc it has a really personal meaning to me.
17. one band you’d have get back together/bring back from the dead: bon jovi bc for me they died when richie left. they aren’t bon jovi anymore. and as much as i get why, i’m still salty af about them continuing even after the last tour ended.
18. you’re forced to listen to only one album for the rest of your life, what album is it: god i hate this question lol. off the top of my head i’m gonna go with bridges to babylon by the stones just because it was the first album i ever listened to and the first music i loved.
19. a song that gets you through shit: you can always go home by todd kerns
20. a song to shut everything out: literally any song. i like to fully immerse myself in my music lol
23. a song that punches you in the gut every single time: dry county by bon jovi (mostly that guitar solo)
24. a song that calms you: the sound of silence - disturbed
26. if you could get any lyrics tattooed, which would you choose: i already did. “When you feel unwanted, your ghosts come haunting, and the weight of the world is at your door / You can always go home”
36. a band/artist you’re proud of: like proud of them? or proud of myself for listening to them? either way the answer is gonna be all of them lol.
44. something you’d give ANYTHING to hear performed live: HOO BOY. always suffering - the rolling stones. battleground - SMKC. stick to your guns - bon jovi. these days - bon jovi. all ends well - alter bridge. There’s SO many I could literally go on for hoursssss.
69. a song that reminds you of you: i kind of already mentioned this but nickles & dimes by social distortion