How in the hell did Clara ruin Twelve? A lot of us have adored Peter's entire run and it is really hard sharing Bill with people ripping apart what came before with vague sweeping statements like that. We were in it from the start and a bit more sensitivity would be appreciated if this fandom has any hope of not being a toxic mess. I hate Ten but I've never tried to enforce it as a universal opinion to shit on his fans. It's probably your fault we're losing Peter this soon.
I get that people love her. I don’t and it’s called a matter of opinions. She stayed too long and was far too much of a special snowflake and Moffat tried to make the show about her when it was really about the doctor. If she wanted her own show, she needed a spin-off. The companion should never be bigger than the Doctor. They’re meant to be us, in his world. I found nothing to connect to with Clara at all, and yet three episodes in Bill has me hooked. She’s had her time- move on. Frankly, she should have left in the Name of the Doctor.
Actually, I really enjoyed Barmaid Clara and Asylum Clara but I could not stand ‘normal’ Clara at all and me and a lot of my friends have a hard time connecting with her.
- Not once did she thank the Doctor for taking her on board the TARDIS throughout her entire run and yet Bill thanked him in the second episode
- She tried to blackmail the Doctor in the dreamscape to give him the TARDIS key to bring Danny back
- Flatline where she took on the appearance as the Doctor - I could not stop cringing
- Kill the Moon where she literally gave the Doctor dramatic speech about forcing her to make decisions on life and death when he HAS to do that THOUSAND time over and over and Clara doesn’t like it when it has been forced upon her. GET A GRIP WOMAN.
- She was rude to Cass and her crew in Before the Flood and god damn well deserved that swear Cass gave her. (CASS SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE COMPANION!)
- What she did between Danny and the Doctor throughout series 9. Danny was treated so unfairly and very much reminded me of the situation of Rose/Doctor/Mickey all over again.
- She thinks she ‘knows’ everything about the Doctor when really she doesn’t
- I loved the fact the TARDIS hated her just as much as I did
- The gap in how she came from being a nanny to two kids to being a teacher
- Hell Bent. She ruined what could have been an amazing story about the manipulative Time-Lords after the war and that epic build-up of Gallifrey but of course, it had to be about her and Me who I could not care less about.
- Completely self-centered
- Clara always fixes everything. She’s perfect. And you know what? Perfect characters suck because they don’t feel human and are not flawed.
- Because since she has no personality, no depth, no flaws, I just straight-up don’t care about her, one way or the other. Whether she leaves by violent death or just by waving goodbye and walking away, I won’t care. I’ll just mumble a quick “good riddance” and just wait for the show to either pick back up or find more new and exciting ways to disappoint me.