How to improve your mental well-being and live your life to the fullest
The more you laugh, the healthier you’ll be. Laughter is one of the most powerful tools we have to alter our daily mood. Nothing works faster in bringing your mind and body back into balance than letting out a loud chuckle. The release of endorphins decreases stress and relaxes your entire body, boosting your overall enjoyment of life. If you’re feeling down and could use more laughing in your life this year, read our ten important reasons to laugh more below.
10 Reasons to Laugh More
1.Smile more. Smiling throughout your day will make you and others feel happier. Make it a point to smile at strangers too - you don’t want to be known as the girl with the resting bitch face.
2. Embrace your laugh. Everyone’s laugh is unique. No matter if your laugh is loud or if people find it annoying, just laugh. The way you laugh is a part of you and you shouldn’t have to change or hold back for anyone.
3. Surround yourself with people who make you laugh. People with a sense of humor, who make you laugh and smile, are the best medicine. Life’s short, so don’t waste it by spending time with people who bring you down. Those who laugh will make you laugh.
4. Have a sense of humor. Don’t be a bump on a log. Listen to what people are saying and find the humor in it. Discover your own sense of humor and surround yourself with those things that make you laugh, whatever they may be. From cheesy jokes or dry comedy, everyone’s humor varies.
5. Learn to laugh at yourself.One of the most important things is learning to not take yourself so seriously. Crack yourself up! If you mess up or trip on something, find the humor in your mistakes. As long as you find yourself funny, you’ll be happier and less likely to be depressed.
6. Seek humor every day.Whether it be watching a funny TV show or movie, find something that makes you laugh every day. YouTube is great for funny snippets.
7.Be playful. It’s ok to be silly and act like a child sometimes. As adults, we can forget how to have fun. Run around, tease your loved ones in a playful manner and seize life.
8. Adjust your environment.Your everyday routine can become boring and drab. Liven it up with an uplifting spirit and mood. Surround yourself with things that make your day happier and funnier like humorous photos and quotes or cheerful colors and décor.
9. Laughing burns calories. They say that if you laugh for 10 to 15 minute a day, you’ll burn 10 to 40 calories. Therefore, laughing in general will improve your quality of health in mental and physical ways.
10. Don’t force a laugh.You never know what’s going on in someone’s life, so don’t force them to laugh. Start with a smile and go from there.
BARBIE <3 FOREVER 21 Collection gives the icon a street style twist!
You’ve probably seen Barbie-inpspired fashion pieces in the past… mostly in the form of dainty dresses in bright, bubbly pinks. If that’s your style, cool. But for other Barbie fans, only an edgier style will do; that’s why the new BARBIE <3 FOREVER 21 collection released this week is a breath of fresh air. We love how the collaboration gives Barbie a more aggressive, edgy look! Check out our top picks from the collection below:
Disney has given us enough blonde haired, blued eyed Princesses to look up too. Enough of this Captain Marvel shit. Where is the Black Widow movie we were supposed to have BEFORE Iron Man? The movie we were promised and only to have ripped from us because “female led superhero movies wouldn’t sell”. Where is all the outrage and disgust for Black Widow being left in the dust yet again. But no, Captain Marvel fits perfectly into the whole Disney Princess vibe and let’s face it, Black Widow doesn’t so now there’s going to be CM tee shirts, barbie dolls, action figures, and who the fuck knows what else geared towards little girls because CM shit can be marketed and geared and made with purple and pink and glitter and Black Widow can’t. Fuck Captain Marvel. Give the rest of us girls the Black Widow movie we were promised.