Roy often skips Boy Scout meetings to hang out with Kori and Jason (Don’t tell Ollie)
Kyle Rayner is usually hanging with the Troublemakers but had a cold on this particular day and Hal wouldn’t let him leave the house.
Cass is wearing Bruce’s old costume (here) that she found in the attic while playing hide and seek with her brothers. Alfred has since made a few alterations to it, of course.
That stuffed cat looking thing behind Damian was made by Dick. Alfred has been teaching him how to sew and he practices by making tons of plush for his siblings! (They’re finally starting to look like actual animals)
- Bruce was gone on League stuff and Alfred was visiting family.
- It started with Tim. He wanted to have Bart and Kon over because they had been talking about swimming.
- Cassie had to join, there was no telling her no.
- Wally came you know to see Dick. Next thing you know Roy, Starfire, Garth, Cyborg, Donna, Raven, Kaldur’ and about every member of the Teen Titans ever was there.
- Of course this means the whole batclan needs to be there. So all ten of them show up.
- Kara and Jon are there of course because they are missing out on the fun.
- Roy and Jason have dubbed themselves in charge of the grill.
- Kon, Bart, and Tim decide to have a cannon ball contest. Stephanie, Kara, and Cassie joining in.
- Cass is loving watching all them.
- So much gossip. Like by the end of there’s nothing about the Justice League’s life they don’t know.
- Harper elects herself in charge of music after her and Raven wanted to throw Dicks ipod out the window for playing Barbie girl.
- Beast Boy decides to jump in as a whale.
- Ultimate game of chicken.
- Kori hair staying perfect after being wet.
- Barbara being the one to break out squirt guns. Donna having the super soaker ready.
-Duke loving the chance to meet everyone.
- The Justice League coming back and being like where are the younger ones.
- Bruce calling them in the watchtower and saying to come get them.
Give me comic book characters talking about social issues.
Give me Officer Grayson talking about police brutality and corrupt police forces.
Give me Bruce Wayne talking about gun control.
Give me Diana Prince talking about immigration.
Give me Clark Kent talking being a refugee.
Give me Stephanie Brown talking about domestic violence and teen pregnancy.
Give me Harper Row talking about the dangers of being an openly queer woman.
Give me Duke Thomas talking about modern racism and the unfairness of the foster system.
Give me more Matt Murdock talking about being blind and successful.
Give me Jason Todd talking about how addiction and organized crimes ruin families.
Give me Roy Harper adressimg the issues that come with modern culture’s glamorization of drug abuse.
Give me Cass Cain and Barbara Gordon talking about being disabled women.
Give me Helena Bertinelli talking about being a biracial woman.
Give me Billy Batson talking about the foster system.
Give me Kate kane talking about being a Jewish queer woman.
Give me more Virgil Hawkins, Icon, Raquel Irvine and other PoC characters addressing the social and economic issues that face modern PoC.
Give me more trans characters like Alysia Yeoh.
Give me jughead addressing asexual erasure.
Give me more characters like Luke Cage, Ms. Marvel, Jessica Jones, x-men.
Give me powerful characters using their positions as a method of education.
4chan has been causing some noise with big rumors of big changes coming to DC. I’ve decided to take a look at what they’re saying and share my opinion.
1) Dark Days is the mysterious “Metal” event Scott Snyder has been teasing he’ll do with Greg Capulo. It will bring characters from alternate Universes to Prime DC Earth, some of which will try to take it over. Some of them will stick around after the event and be featured in books from September, when every title will get a one-shot setting up new status quo after one year time skip. – Pretty standard, I could buy this one.
2) One of the characters that stick around will be Superboy Prime, whom Clark will try to redeem on the pages of Superman. – Risky move since it’s Prime but I could totally see Superman try to redeem him.
3) We will see the return of JSA with Power Girl, Jay Garrick, Red Tornado, Alan Scott and Johnny Thunder, in a new book by Dan Abnett – Will those be Earth-2 characters back to the Prime Earth or Pre-Flashpoint versions?
4) Another character from another Universe to stick around will be Mar’I Grayson, daughter of Dick and Kory. Nightwing will have to search for her in his own book. – I could see it. If this and 14 will be true, I want them to cross over.
5) Another will be Bart Allen, who will be featured as Impulse alongside Jesse Quick, Max Mercury and older Wally West in Speed Force by Brett Booth and writing and art – Hell yes Bart is back. And since people wanted a team of speedsters – yeah, I can see this too.
6) Red Robin will escape from Mr. Oz’ captivity and free several other inmates, leading them as the new Outsiders – They kept Tim quite a bit away, he really could return. Hope Conner and few other forgotten characters will be on this team.
7) Cyborg will be canceled but replaced with a team-up book (mini?) between him and Shazam, by John Semper. Hal Jordan and Green Lantern Corps will be relaunched as Green Lantern Corps with Hal still leading, but Kyle dying in Dark Days and John and Soranik going to Cullen Bunn’s to Yellow Lanterns. Don’t worry, Green Lanterns will still be going and keep its creative team, but will go monthly. – Don’t know about the others but I could see Green Lanterns turning monthly. I’ll be mad if they’ll kill Kyle.
8) Other canceled titles are Superwoman and Blue Beetle with Jaime joining Teen Titans. Red Hood and the Outlaws as well, with Artemis and Bizarro returning to Wonder Woman and Action Comics and Jason getting a solo series by Lobdell. – Totally could see Blue Beetle canceled and Jaime joining Teen Titans and we already have rumors about Superwoman ending. But I thought people liked new Outlaws.
9) Due to poor sales both Batgirl and Batgirl & the Birds of Prey will be canceled, Barbara will make heroic sacrifice putting her back into a wheelchair. The books will be relaunched as Birds of Prey, where Oracle, Huntress and Black Canary are joined by Lady Blackhawk and Batgirls by Genevieve Valentine, where Barbara trains Cassandra Cain and Stephanie Brown as her successors. – And this one I cannot buy. DC was so adamant to keep Barbara as Batgirl I find it now hard to believe they would give in and make her Oracle again. And Babs training Steph and Cass written by Genevieve Valentine sounds too good to be true.
10) Which of course means Cass is leaving Detective Comics. So is Clayface and the post-Dark Days roster will keep Batman, Batwoman, Batwing, and Azrael and add Duke Thomas, Harper Row and Anarky. – Happy to see Luke and Duke in one team since I wanted that and Harper and Kate could result in them showing up on another ball in tuxedos to pick up ladies, so I both could see this happen and would welcome them as additions to the team.
11) Other new books announced are Legion by James Tynion, Checkmate by Tom King and World’s Fines by Tim Seeley, where every issue features a team-up between different members of Batfamily and Superfamily. – Team up book? Please let it be real, I always liked those.
12) Batman leading the JLA will be revealed to be Martian Manhunter in disguise. – For what purpose?
13) More miniseries including 12-parts mini about Crime Syndicate of Earth 3, Justice Incarnate by Peter Thomasi and a completely new Batman Beyond starring Damian who grew up without knowing Bruce and a GCPD cop Sarah Grayson, Dick’s daughter, as his love interest. – Does that mean current Batman Beyond will be canceled?
14) Slade Wilson will go missing with Rose taking the codename Deathstroke as she tries to find him. – Okay, on the one hand, Deathstroke editor recently teased a bold new direction (still by Priest) but on the other, it was something I once cooked up and proposed on this blog, even got in an argument whenever it would be a good decision with @rosewilsontheravager . It could be something they put for people like me to go nuts….