Alright yall so as you may or may not know, me (admin it) and admin ash are in color guard meaning its band camp time. Ive gotten injured everyday for the past 3 days, two of those instances being semi serious. Wednesday I hit myself in the face with a rifle and had a knot on my cheek bone, nothing to serious. Thursday I wasnt drinking enough water and were literally sprinting most of our show and were in Texas so it’s in the blistering heat and pretty much I made it to the end of practice before I passed out and had to have someone help me inside and put up my stuff for me. Finally today I was doing a toss with my rifle which went right above my head and I threw it wrong so it came down and landed on my face and they made me sit out the rest of practice (i’ve been on concussion watch all day so I havent even been allowed to nap or anything).
- the ceilings drip with rain and blood from the animals that fall from the glow cloud
- the children are indoctrinated at an early age to believe that mountains don’t exist. when their parents try to sue the school, they are eaten and replacement parents are issued.
- the glow cloud’s child being the most popular kid in the entire building.
- school lunches are as flat as paper to ensure that no possibility of mountains belief occurs.
- quizzes are handed out at random points during the day, you’ll find students finishing a math test during p.e
- speaking of p.e, there are weekly drills to prepare the kids in case another fighter jet comes through the gym.
- volleyball, badminton and football are the official trinity of sports. sacrifices to players are mandatory, accepted between 8:50-8:55 a.m on wednesdays.
- nobody knows who the teachers are. when they do show up, they are quiet, teach quickly and run off, leaving piles of papers behind.
- the staff room is forbidden. shadows flicker when a student approaches the door.
- locker combos change weekly. sometimes kids spend hours trying to figure out what’s going on.
- the computer lab is cramped and filled with empty tupperware boxes. where did all these boxes come from? where are the computers? there is an assembly to explain that the board has no money for new computers and had to substitute with plastic boxes. “just pretend the box is a computer. the biggest one is the printer. remember that staff doesn’t accept invisible paper.”
- the library has librarians in training. you can sign up to be a part time librarian in the lobby. four dollars an hour, and half a soul for overtime.
- the office ladies mark everyone absent, send home letters and sniff disdainfully when parents ask why they’re marking children absent. “they just don’t seem to be here,” one said, looking straight at a child. “not there at all. i don’t see one child.”
- the weight room has weights made of grains of rice. the sculptures fall apart when touched.
- the custodians are reptiles who will devour anyone and anything in the halls after hours.
- band is held everyday before school. the lilting melodies of forgotten songs plague the halls. everyday someone goes to the door and begs them to stop. everyday the door opens and the person is dragged in. everyday, the band gets a new member.
- jazz band plays everyday after school. nobody bothers the jazz band. the jazz band is few in number. the jazz band is sacred.
I love the Tumblr Riverdale community. Unlike Instagram and Twitter, we relatively stay friendly. We’re small but powerful and the fandom keeps growing. We welcome each person with open arms unlike on other social media sites. I personally love how it’s not overly publicized. We band together and it’s amazing what we can do.
It’s overall a better atmosphere and I’m glad to be a part of it.
this has happened so many times and it’s ridiculous. BE. RESPECTFUL. TO THE BAND PARENTS. AND ALL OTHER BANDS.
IT DOESNT MATTER IF THEYRE THE RIVAL SCHOOL
OR IF YOU DONT PARTICULARLY LIKE THAT BAND PARENT
BE RESPECTFUL. THEY ARE PUTTING THEIR TIME AND EFFORT TO PUT ON A SHOW AND BE A PART OF THE BAND.
last year there was this band at our mass group that kept yelling and insulting another band because they were rivals. we have rival schools too. we have those band parents that aren’t amazing at their job. we have those band parents who are a bit picky with uniforms.
BE RESPECTFUL. PLEASE. YOUR BAND WILL BE SO MUCH BETTER AND YOULL ENJOY THE EXPERIENCE SO MUCH MORE.
my biggest pet peeve ever is when you express a casual disliking towards something benign like a band, celebrity, or TV show, and a bunch of people hop in and hound on you as if you’ve besmirched the name of god himself
“Disaster Area was a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones and was
generally regarded as not only the loudest rock band in the Galaxy, but
also as being the loudest noise of any kind at all. Regular concert
goers judged that the best sound balance was usually to be heard from
within large concrete bunkers some thirty-seven miles away from the
stage, whilst the musicians themselves played their instruments by
remote control from within a heavily insulated spaceship which stayed in
orbit around the planet - or more frequently around a completely
“Their songs are on the whole very simple and mostly follow the
familiar theme of boy-being meets girl-being beneath silvery moon, which
then explodes for no adequately explored reason.”
“Many worlds have now banned their act altogether, sometimes
for artistic reasons, but most commonly because the band’s public
address system contravenes local strategic arms limitations treaties.”