Butter and Garlic Baked Oysters
Another one of my favorite seafood - oysters! I also got these at the supermarket, live oysters for 80 cents each. (This is in Vancouver). They were still fresh even after storing them in the fridge for a day, but they’re not opened.
It’s a small little appetizer you can serve at a party with a smaller amount of people. It’s also great for potluck! You can make 1 or 2 for each person if you can find cheap oysters! (but do make sure they’re fresh!)
- 6 oysters
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 6 tsp butter
- 4 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tsp paprika
1. Prepare the oysters. If they’re not opened, brush the shells and wash them under running water. Use a meal knife and a hammer to open the shells. (try to find a small gap in the oysters and hammer the knife into the gap). If they are opened, they you’re all good!
2. Leaving the juice of the oyster in the shells, place a small block of butter on top. ~ 1tsp
3. Add on a small amount crushed garlic, evenly distributed among all 6 oysters. Then top with parsley and paprika.
4. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes at 150’C.
5. You can decorate the serving pate with greens, if you want!
6. Then slurp, slurp and slurp! :)