Rule 2: Answer the questions the person that tagged you has written and write 11 new ones.
Rule 3: Tag 11 new people and link them to your post.
Rule 4: Let them know you’ve tagged them.
I was tagged by: sunnydalemonster
Here are my answers:
1. What are your top 5 favorite films? I watch shows a lot more than movies. blerg. The Wizard of Oz, You’ve Got Mail, Serenity, Cabin in the Woods, and probably every musical and black and white movie ever made.
2. Are you in school and, if so, what are you studying? Sadly yes. I am a freshman studying biomedical engineering
3. Who is your OTP? Depends on the fandom! Cangel, Sprusilla, B&B, Swarkles, Rumpbelle, Malec, Peenis, Tony x Priya, Topher x Bennett, Mal x Inara, jalkfj I have a lot. Okay?
4. If you could see any band/artist live (living or dead) who would it be? The Killers. They’re the only band I’m in love with I have yet to see.
5. What fandom makes you feels the most? Right now Angel… thanks to the person who gave me these questions. I have been having a lot of Cangel and Doyle feels. Usually HIMYM gives me a lot of Swarkles feels though.
6. Which celebrity/fictional character do you ship yourself with? Seeley Booth or William Herondale.
7. What is your favorite word? Tenacious.
8. If you were in charge of the apocalypse, how would the world end? Vampirepocalypse
9. What would you do if I showed up at your doorstep with a bag of potatoes? Thank them and make french fries, mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, and everything. Inappropriate starches for the win.
10. Why is a raven like a writing desk? Poe wrote on both! -loves me some Edgar Allen Poe-
11. If you could have any superpower, what would it be? To flyyyy. WHEE.
Lucky Eleven (the I don’t have 11 friends edition)
butyouresofaraway (actually do this lindsay)
My questions! Yay!
1. What is your favorite genre of music or your favorite band?
2. What was your first fandom (even if you didn’t know what a fandom was at that point)?
3. Who are your OTP of OTPs and why? Yes. You can only pick one.
4. Pick your two absolute favorite fandoms. You MUST leave one forever. Which one do you choose to leave?
5. Do you crave salty or sweet foods?
6. What do you do when you’re not tumbling?
7. Remind yourself right now why you’re an awesomesauce person. Five words that reflect who you are.
8. Favorite book series?
9. Do you own pets? How many and of what kind?
10. You just found $100 on the street and no one claims it. What do you do?
11. How bored were you when you answered these questions?
Do you ship Bangel? I feel like there are so few Bangel shippers nowadays...
There are definitely aspects of that relationship that I prefer to other relationships. I like Buffy/Angel because the writers had such a clean slate to work with (no interactions that had already happened in the show to affect character development). The character development for both Buffy and Angel begins with their relationship. I like that their relationship had passion. I like that their relationship actually centered a lot around non-sexual interactions (I know that we have a reason for this, and that this aspect is something that annoys quite a lot of people). I think that it is interesting to see a high school student portraying in a relationship that isn’t centered around sexual interactions (which is what the Xander/Cordelia relationship, and even certain aspects of the early Willow/Oz relationship, was centered around). I liked that I could genuinely feel the love that one had for the other, and I liked the season two storyline because it was both a commentary on relationships changing when sex is involved, and what love actually feels like. Buffy doesn’t feel that hurt in Innocence 2.14 if she doesn’t truly love Angel, and Angel doesn’t threaten to die instead of harming Buffy in Amends 3.10 if he doesn’t truly love her.
On the other hand, there are many things that annoy me about their relationship, namely how overly dramatic it was. It got drawn out to the point where I sometimes just say “I get it, let’s move on already” to certain scenes. I also think that their relationship got drawn out in the third season, where they go between loving each other and wanting to be in a relationship, to loving each other and not wanting anything to do with each other. It’s almost as though 22 episodes was too long for their relationship in the third season. There is also a part of me that wishes there was a bit more sex (again, I understand why this couldn’t have happened). When there is so much tension, you just want them to have sex and be done with it (alternatively, it might not have boded well for Buffy’s character and development to have more sex than the one time in all of high school). The relationship also confuses me a bit. I’m still always trying to figure out why Angel became so enamored with HER. Why a Slayer? Why this Slayer? She really wasn’t anything special when he saw her called at Hemry.
What I will always take away from this relationship is the direct difference from the relationship with Spike: Buffy loved Angel, but didn’t ever really know if she could trust him (Lie to Me) whereas she always trusted Spike, but never knew if she could love him (The Gift).