Bag Essentials (for everyone really)
I know there are a million posts like this, but this is also partially for my own reference. And also a call for others to add anything that’s missing! Stay safe!
- tampons - I mean, you know why.
- tweezers - not just for stray hairs, but also splinters/dry skin on your face/etc.
- mirror - to check yourself before you wreck yourself.
- chapstick - I like to wait until the moment before I arrive to apply lipstick so it’s fresh. I wear chapstick the whole way there so that my lips are soft when I do apply lipstick. This is good for days you don’t wear makeup anyway.
- mascara and eyeliner pencil/an angle brush - you can use the angle brush to tap the end of the mascara wand and apply it as eyeliner, then follow up with mascara. Fleeky in a pinch.
- concealer - unless you have amazing skin, which I sure af don’t.
- napkins/tissues - some countries don’t have toilet paper everywhere. Also good for spills or a runny nose.
- hair ties - tie back hair or use to tie your shirt or hold something in place
- safety pins - wardrobe saviors
- bobby pins - for flyaways/bangs if they’re being annoying.
- bill check marker or whatever it’s called I can’t think of it - especially if you don’t know/trust the guy
- pen - a nice-ish one (I like Paper Mate InkJoy because it looks professional enough and is smooth) that won’t leak or break but also won’t cost you a million dollars to buy and replace as needed.
- phone charger - you never know. Doesn’t have to be your turbo charger, something small for emergencies.
- brush ups - those finger strip toothbrush things in case of bad breath or unexpected overnights
- gum - optional, I like it in case of bad breath.
- Plan B - I always have this on hand just in case. The sooner you take it after unprotected sex, the more effective it is. The packaging is too big for the pill, so I like to cut around the plastic so it’s just a little square with the pill in it.
- perfume sample - they sell tiny sample bottles or a lot of times you can get them free at places like Sephora. These are great for travel.
- slip of paper/notepad - to write things like your phone number on. A couple post-it notes will do fine.
- sunglasses - protect your eyesight and the sensitive skin around your eyes from the sun.
- nail clippers - get rid of hangnails or trim strings from clothing or even hairs (like eyebrows)
- Advil - nothing ruins the mood like a headache. I am super injury-prone, so I take this a lot because having a sore back is NOT sexy. You can buy cute little pill cases, or they sell travel bottles and little packets with one dose at drug stores.
- Band-Aids - for cuts or blisters so you don’t have to bleed everywhere or walk in pain
- water-based lube - they sell small bottles of this. Make sure you don’t use an oil as this will break down condoms.
- condoms - like at least 3. As many as you can fit/feel comfortable with. But at least 3 per person you plan on seeing.
- a clean pair of underwear - a thong is fine and usually takes up less space, just something to change into if you need to.
- (optional) oil-absorbing sheets or blotterazzi by beauty blender - my skin is super oily, and these things absorb oil so you don’t have to apply more makeup and risk caking.
Honestly this stuff could all fit in a clutch bag (maybe not the phone charger and lube depending on the size). Please feel free to add things! xoxoxo