Everything I loved about Miraculous Ladybug s2e4
- Tikki’s super cute spit dance
- Marinette being so genre savvy that she knows the signs of a surprise bday party
- Her Dad proving that she gets her no-chill from him while getting her zen and leadership skills from her mom (THAT FISTBUMP THO)
- Marinette badass biker grandmama (extraness and badassery apparently runs in the family)
- Everything about Marinette’s bday party. She’s really loved. Everyone in that class is so precious, even Chloe, which makes me a bit sad that Sabrina and her weren’t there. Everyone defending and protecting her. Rose calling her the sweetest girl ever (which coming from Rose is a high compliment since I consider her the sweetest in the class). Ivan and Kim just went and casually lifted her so she could blow the candles on her big ass cake. Man, I want to be in that class.
- ALL OF THE MARICHAT
- NO, SEE HE TONED DOWN THE FLIRTING, BUT DID YOU SEE THAT LITTLE BOW AND KNEEL BEFORE HE WHISKED HER AWAY? I think it’s becoming a thing between them. He didn’t call her princess but princess-carried her, and comments how she must be a sweet girl since all of her classmates badly want to protect her. Of course he counts himself too.
- The fairytale theme continues when the ‘witch’ asks where a cat would keep something HE DIDN’T WANT TO LOSE. I internally screeched at this part. Of course, it has to be a tower.
- The way he went after Befena when he realized Marinette was in danger again, without even waiting for Ladybug, when he’d usually wait for her lead like when Chloe and Alya were in danger.
- ALL OF THE ADRINETTE
- MY HEART JUST COULDN’T TAKE IT. Adrien who’s so used to getting bought gifts, giving something HE ESPECIALLY MADE, as a gift to Marinette to make it more meaningful. Not only that but he made it to match Marinette’s charm she gifted to him. The fact that he keeps a pink girly charm with him at all times and he made his gift charm in such a way that Marinette would be reminded of him…!! Their first bday gifts to each other are something they both made. I love their thoughtfulness and continuity.
- Not only that, he was the one to remind Marinette about his gift as if excited for her to open it up in front of everybody. Does this boy not realize what that looks like? It looks like they gifted each other couple charms, HANDMADE COUPLE CHARMS. If Nathanael still had a crush on Marinette he’d be a sad puppy. Alya would be fist pumping. Adrien’s smooth af. Probably because he still hasn’t realized his feelings (when he does though, I cannot wait for his dorky blushiness to reach Marinette-level when he looks back on how he’s been treating Marinette all this time).
- AND THAT HEART-MELTING LOOK AT THE END. YOU CANNOT TELL ME THAT BOY IS NOT HEAD OVER HEELS FOR OUR GIRL.