Can i request different reasons why a couple may get into an argument? I'm writing something where the two of them are normally respectful of each other and normally get along, but ine day smth happens and they get into a really bad argument.
//Assuming you wanted some suggestions, here you go;
- Something built up and finally got released.
- Such as “I’ve told you to stop putting your dirty laundry next to the hamper” or “Taking out the trash is the only thing you have to do around here and yet you still don’t do it!”
- A life-changing decision was made alone, when it was something they were supposed to talk about together.
- One of them brought a stray animal into the house.
- A misunderstanding- maybe one of them worded something wrong?
- Distance. One feels unwanted, because the other works too much, etc.
- A bad day at work gone wrong; they bring their stress home and the other isn’t as sympathetic as they could be?
- Keeping secrets and one finds out?
- Taking out guilt on the other person.
- Say Person A did something wrong and instead of admitting what they did wrong, they take it out on B.
- Fighting over money and the thought of wasting said money.
- A fight over friends. Couples fight over friends a lot, especially if there’s jealousy or their friend is getting a little too “friendly”. (Don’t recommend going down the possessive route; people are allowed to have friends outside relationships).
- A fight over not being as communicative as they thought.
- Person A expects Person B to read their mind, despite that being (probably) impossible about what’s wrong.
- Insecurities, such as moving in together, or getting engaged, etc.
- Couples fight about holidays, too. Such as if they’re visiting families or if one is getting too eager about said holidays than the other.
- Bringing up past arguments that were meant to be left in the dust.
- Feeling like one never gets to do something they want to do, because B doesn’t want to do what A wants to do.
- One of them feeling like they always have to do everything around the house, from shopping to cleaning to cooking.
- Not having a job or working too much. Other career related arguments, like switching careers, working too far away, etc.
I hope this helps!