Band (Part 2)
College band kid again! Today we had our last practice before our concert on Friday.
Literally all this happened today.
- Two kids went back and forth speaking in different TV show character voices while everyone died laughing.
- Trumpet player not realizing how loud he said the word, “SHIT!” DURING A SONG.
- *As my band director walks on the stage.* “And then they will throw babies at my face.”
- “I will drop my hands, turn around, and bow. Don’t be surprised if they don’t clap right away, they’re still processing it.” - Band director
- “This isn’t even any of ours.” *Chucks drumstick out into house*
- Kenny: *picks up drumstick from house and starts playing on armrest*
Band director: *Walks back into house* KENNY. STOP HITTING THINGS.
- A guy said, “Touch my butt.” He turned around and realized I wasn’t his girlfriend.
- My band director almost fell over trying to get her podium up. A clarinetist had to help her.
- The fact my band director screamed from backstage and nobody heard her. (She wasn’t in danger, she just wanted to let us know we could take the mallet instruments/chimes through the gym and to the theatre.)
- *Band warms up*
*Lights get SUPER BRIGHT and everyone just stops playing for a second as they’re trying not to be blinded*
- *Band director points to the backdrop* “You know? I know this is the set for The Little Mermaid, but it’s actually a good band shell….”
- Band director: I’m going to be playing percussion for it, but go see The Little Mermaid for Lance and Kristen! I’ll just happen to be there….
- Band director: We have like EIGHT KIDS AUDITIONING AND ONE OF THEM IS AN OBOE. But there’s no brass…. (We have 4 brass players.)
(That number of kids would almost double our band.)
- *In a very bad southern accent* “Have you tried marking time?”
- “Don’t touch the set pieces. Don’t put stuff on the set pieces. DON’T EVEN LOOK AT THE SET PIECES CROSSEYED.” - Band director
- “I’m going to turn the house lights on so you don’t die.”
- Kenny: (As Lance descends down the stairs) AAAAAAND HERE’S OUR NEXT CONTESTANT ON THE PRICE IS RIGHT!
Band director: (While making motions.) Then they’re (the contestant) running down the stairs and their boobs are flying out of their shirt???? Its happened.
- *Entire band singing All-Star*
Band: GET YOUR GAME ON GET PLAYE-
*Everyone stops singing and realizes what that means.*
*Band director bursts out laughing.*
- Kenny: *Moves baseball hat to the side of his head* Yo yo!
Bass Clarinetist: No, Kenny.
- Bass Clarinetist: I worry about you two… A lot.
I’m surprised we actually got anything done….