There is quite a few ingredients to gather for this recipe. The main ingredient here is the curry powder and the cream to make the sauce. You can substitute any ingredients in exchange for the prawns and scallops. Despite so many ingredients the recipe takes about 20-30 minutes to make so it is a quick recipe.
I’ve always wanted to try a curry cream pasta recipe. This one is quite delicious and if you like that minimal tangy and spicy taste to curry, try this recipe with some pasta! If you want it to be more authentic, try using coconut milk instead of cream to make this pasta!
1 tbsp curry powder
2 sprigs curry plant (optional)
1 cup cream
½ chicken stock
½ cup baby shrimp
1 cup sliced mushroom
3 cup shell pasta
½ cup halved grape tomatoes (or 1 cup coarsely chopped tomatoes)
salt & pepper
2 cloves garlic - minced
½ onion - chopped
1. In a large pot, boil some water. Add about 3 tsp of salt. Throw in the pasta once the water boils and let it cook until the pasta is cooked.
2. Rinse the scallops and prawns in cold water. Pat dry with paper towel. Then add about 1 tbsp of corn starch to the prawns, and mix in the some salt and pepper to taste.
3. Do the same to the scallops.
4. In a shallow pan, now make the sauce. Start by sauteing the chopped onion and minced garlic. Once it browns, turn down the heat to medium. Add in the curry powder and tomatoes.
5. Once the curry powder is well incorporated, pour in the cream and stock. Add in the sprig of curry plant.
6. Add in the mushroom to the cream sauce and cook for about 10 minutes at low heat.
7. In the mean time, lightly saute the seafood in another pan. Saute until it’s half cooked (around 2 minutes).
8. Then put the seafood into the sauce mixture. Let the seafood cook in the sauce for 5 minutes until fully cooked.
9. Drain the pasta and scoop the pasta into the sauce mixture. Mix well.
10. Sprinkle salt and pepper and Parmesan Cheese before serving!