All photos by me! This list explains where they were taken:
1. Paul Bunyan Statue – Brainerd, Minnesota (at the Visitor’s Center)
2. Paul Bunyan Statue – Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin (at Paul Bunyan’s Cook Shanty) [Note: Great family style meals! Breakfast is awesome!)
3. Lucette, Paul Bunyan’s Baby Mama – Hackensack, Minnesota [Note: It says she’s the mother of Paul Bunyan Jr., but it only describes her as Paul’s sweet heart. LOL!]
4. Lucette’s Ginormous Ass – Hackensack, Minnesota [Note: A booty of tall tale proportions! Paul likes them big!]
5. Babe the Blue Ox Statue – Brainerd, Minnesota (at Paul Bunyan Land) [Note: A great retro style amusement park with rare, vintage rides like a haunted coal mine. This Old Farm, which is connected to it, is great too!]
6. Babe the Blue Ox Statue – Ossineke, MI [Note: Is near the equally creepy looking Paul Bunyan statue from the last post.]
7. Babe the Blue Ox Statue – Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin (at Paul Bunyan’s Northwoods Lumberjack Show)
8. Blue Ox Grocery Store – Akeley, Minnesota [Note: I’m not sure if it’s still open.]
9. Sign in Front of Paul Bunyan’s Animal Land – Bemidji, Minnesota [Note: I did a previous photo post from the deer park here. Lots of fun!]
10. Paul Bunyan’s Tombstone – Kelliher, Minnesota (at Paul Bunyan Memorial Park) [Notes: There is a big, long mound behind this tombstone. This is Paul’s final resting place. RIP!]
I didn’t get to take pictures of the Paul and Babe statues at the Brainerd Lakes Chamber of Commerce because they were down for repairs when I was there. Boooo!
What I Left Out to Make Room:
The really cool sign in front of Paul Bunyan’s Cook Shanty, less significant and smaller Babe statues, a water tower shaped like Paul’s giant flash light, another water tower shaped like Paul’s fishing bobber and lots of other junk. Maybe I’ll make a Part III and IV at some point. I do want to go back up north again!