star wars AU where everything is the same, with one exception: the skywalkers all know about each other and know they are all related. They are still loyal to their respective organizations, still raised by the same people. They just–know they are related. Like if Bail had told Leia about Anakin Skywalker, so Leia went to Tattooine and met Luke. And then Vader (because of course Vader is spying on Bail) heard about it, but otherwise nothing changes.
- so the first scene in ANH quite literally ends with “ARGH LEIA GO TO YOUR ROOM.” “FINE I WILL BUT YOU AREN’T MY REAL DAD” “I am absolutely your real dad that is WHY WE ARE HAVING THIS CONVERSATION AND YOU ARE NOT DEAD.”
- Alderaan blows up and it results in awkward shoulder pats from Vader and a half-hearted “have you considered using your rage for the dark side?” speech, which Leia promptly ignores.
- Luke rescues Leia. Leia immediately tells Luke “Do not tell Han we are related. I want to fuck with him.” to which Luke sighs “ugh Leia again?” implying that this is not the first time Leia has hooked up with a dude and made him jealous by hanging out with her brother.
- “THAT’S NOT COOL DAD! STOP KILLING OUR FRIENDS!” after Obi-Wan dies. Vader yells back “HE HID YOU FROM ME FOR 20 YEARS!!!! HE DESERVES TO DIE!” “yeah okay that’s fair”
- on Bespin: “You’re dating this idiot?” to which Leia glares and says, quite plainly, that Vader has no authority over who she chooses to date.
- instead of fighting, Luke and Vader just chill on Bespin until Leia picks Luke up. Vader once again attempts to convince Luke to join the Dark Side. Luke goes “Dad you don’t even like Palpatine. Half the time you try and convince us to join you just to defeat him. Why don’t you join the Rebel Alliance huh?” And Vader mutters some half-hearted Jedi bullshit about how once someone joins the darkside they can never leave and besides the rebels would never accepted him and HONESTLY HE JUST WANTS TO SPEND TIME WITH HIS KIDS so maybe he will think about it
- Vader finds out what happened on Tattooine, and sends both Luke and Leia like half a million credits each and a super encouraging encrypted email talking about how proud he is of them for KILLING A HUTT that Leia absolutely does not keep shhh SHUT UP HAN why are you going through her stuff anyway huh???
- basically, all of the awkward dad vader attempting to parent his children while also fighting them.
yknow how sherlock can text without looking??? imaging him trying to text greg while johns kissing him and he ends his text with “oh god i love you” and then gregs like “what” and sherlocks like “uh sorry. i was thinking about john. distracted. you’re. real cool though. thanks buddy” digital awkward pat on the shoulder
So I was very abruptly struck by a drawing mood, and some folks have been asking what Riko from my fic Chasing Shadows wears, so hear we go:
Riko gives pretty much zero fucks about her appearance these days, so long as the important bits are covered and her sword is where it should be
honestly so long as she can blend in. she’s the stealthy type, dammit. Also she fails epically at any type of seduction so doesn’t even try to look sexy
she used to appreciate kimonos but it turns out they’re just really annoying to clean
loose shirts are awesome and cheap, she’s got a ton of them. Turns out growing Cursed Seal-wings is hell on the wardrobe
shirt is grey because it serves to remind her of the Kiri days
no jounin flak jacket, it looks odd on her and sits awkward around her shoulders. she feels like it impedes her movement which is only the case in her imagination. Also, she likes being underestimated
Her belt’s still the same she got from her family, though it’s kinda worn now and she had to redo some of the seals unless she wanted to get sucked into the void
her boots have slight heels. It’s not like she’s super salty about her lack of height, but Naruto keeps picking her up. Also, it’s amazing what one can stash in the heels. she’s got back-up rolls of wire, lockpicks, emergency stashes of medical pills, etc.
the boots were a gift from Terumi Mei. They’re amazingly comfortable and wonderfully flexible. Easy to clean, too.
If his father had noticed the way Tim’s shoulders slumped or the way his smile no longer reached his eyes or the way his voice rasped like an over-played vinyl record, he might have said something. If he had paid more attention to his son’s precious polaroid camera shattered to pieces on Tim’s bedroom floor, he might have sat down and asked him what was bothering him. And maybe he had noticed, but Jake Drake was already late for a plane to Europe and Janet was yelling from the doorway to hurry up, so he merely gave Tim an awkward pat on the shoulder and a wad of cash to cover the new camera Tim would probably buy in the following week.
Tim did not buy a camera that week, or the next week, or the week after.
If his mother had noticed the hastily wiped tear-stains or the way Tim curled in on himself even more than usual, she would have said nothing. Perhaps she would have given him a stiff-backed hug, or a few empty words of sympathy that would ultimately mean nothing to either of them. But Janet Drake had more on her mind than a broken child- Drake Industries would not run itself, after all.
The maid noticed the sudden increase in uneaten food, the piles of burned photographs in the trash bin, the self-imposed quarantine to his room. She wasn’t complaining- Tim’s nightly excursions had always been a cause of worry- but Tim’s abrupt change in behavior was highly disturbing. The maid, however, never said anything. She was, after all, only 20 years old, and not at all experienced in dealing with what must have been teenage hormones.
Ives also noticed what he called Tim’s broody emo stage. He realized, of course, that it was much more than that. But Ives never said anything more on the subject. Ives never said anything, even when Tim’s skinny frame began to drown in the depth of his clothes. He never said anything, even when Tim stopped short in front of Gotham High one day, even when Tim’s fingertips ghosted towards where his camera once hung down from the cord around his neck before dropping to his side once they found only emptiness, even when Tim turned to Ives’ worried face and asked what’s wrong?
Ives never said anything, because Ives knew the only thing worse than watching Tim break from the inside would be to see Tim force a smile on his face and a laugh in his voice as Tim said, What are you talking about? I haven’t changed, to see him glance at Wayne Manor as they walked by on their way home from school and murmur, I haven’t changed at all.
Four years at Watford. Four years as Simon
Snow’s best friend. The Chosen One. The One Who Can’t Walk Two Steps Without
Tripping Over His Shoelaces. He-Who-Begins-To-Stutter-Every-Time-Agatha-Walks-In.
The Boy Whose Spells Tend To Backfire. Our golden haired, blue eyed saviour who
needs constant saving from the embarrassment of having to talk to the prettiest
girl in school.
I can’t watch it anymore.
You take one look at them and everything is
so very clear. Agatha and Simon. The tall, beautiful girl with the starlight in
her hair. The awkward, broad-shouldered boy with the daytime sky in his eyes.
Each time they’re in a room together, each time their eyes accidentally meet,
each time his gaze lingers on her a bit longer than he’d like to admit, it
becomes oh so very clear.
There is absolutely no chemistry between
them. None. Nada. Nihil. Less than zero. It’s minus chemistry.
Admittedly, no chemistry is probably better
than the highly destructive mixture of explosives he tends to have with his
roommate. Who may or may not be a vampire. (Seriously, though. A vampire at
Watford? Chances are, Simon’s just looking for ways to make Baz look bad.)
But still, how can he not notice? It’s as
though Agatha’s presence casts its very own spell over him. A spell that causes
him to believe he is in love. A thrall, if you will. Which she doesn’t of
course (cast a spell, that is).
Still, it’s painful to watch.
Which is why I have decided to do it for
It’s a simple enough love potion. Completely
harmless. Its effects will dissipate under the first shared kiss. All it does
is temporarily put two (or more) people under a … let’s call it infatuation.
Makes sure their hearts flutter each time they catch a glimpse of each other.
Fills their heads with thoughts about one another. Draws them towards one
another. Then, one little kiss, and the effects will be reversed. The spell
will be broken. And hopefully, the two lovebirds will realize that in real
life, there is absolutely no chemistry between them whatsoever.
It’s a genius plan, really. I don’t see
what could possibly go wrong.
“Cecy,” he said, and closed the distance between them, though it was not much, and then he was kissing her-his hands awkward around her shoulders at first, slipping on the stiff taffeta of her gown before his fingers slipped behind her head, tangling in her soft, warm hair. She stiffened in surprise before softening against him, the seam of her lips parting as he tasted the sweetness of her mouth. When she drew away at last, he felt light-headed.