I think the reason that people ship problematic ships is because you want to believe that even though they arent good for each other at first they’ll figure everything out and finally be happy together. It lets you believe that love can conquer all.
The trashy AU nobody asked for! I present you Hux the… pole-dancer?!
and now I’ll ramble a bit about the details:
- Hux is the average unhappy rich kid, being raised to live up to expectations and all of his life being decided by his parents to the smallest detail. He’s fond of dancing so his parents sign him up for ballet classes (the only socially acceptable form of dancing in their eyes).
- Hux likes ballet but yearns for something less conventional. He likes clubbing. He’s fond of drag makeup. He likes high heels. He goes to try pole dancing. He loves it.
- His father is horrified. It becomes unbearable so Hux calls it quits and runs from home. He quits school, the ballet classes, everything connected to his old life and finds a job at a club where he dances himself to oblivion every night (and gets paid for it).
- One day, Rey drags her awkward cousin Ben to the said club. Ben didn’t want to go, but he very quickly develops a crush on a certain red-head at the pole.
- Romance happens? Probably yes.
- And also very important!!!! Hux is a kinky asexual.