These are super fun to make and they smell friggggin awesome and look super cute. awesome for rituals and for decoration and for smelling awesome, could be a cool gift, could sell em’ or just whack this tutorial straight in your grimoire for later use, you name it kiddie winks. IMA TEACH U
1) PICK YO SELF SOME LAVENDER! if you don’t have lavender in your garden, you need to get some. but in the mean time, head over to your local botanical gardens or a park area or a shop or your friends place, anywhere where you can get yourself some freshly picked lavender. Begin with an uneven number of stalks, the bigger the bundle the bigger your wand.
2) GETCHO SELF SOME CUTE ASS PURPLE RIBBBON, and tie it just below the flowers.
3) THEN UR GONNA WANNA fold the stalks down evenly over the flower head bundle.
4) WEAVE YO’ RIBBON over and under each stalk, around and around, until you have enclosed the entire flower head.
5) TIE OFF YO RIBBON at the bottom.
6) GIVE YO FINISHED WAND a roll between your palms to release that wonderful lavender fragrance1111111!!!!
AND THERE YOU HAVE IT!! A COOL ASS FUNKY SMELLIN STICK-O-LAVANDAAAAAAHHHH
For God’s sake, Kent thinks to himself in
the “personal care” section of the grocery store. Why does Dove think I’m allergic to purple just because I’m a guy?
He picks up the lavender-scented bar soap and inhales. It smells heavenly. Next he tries the sandalwood-scented from the men’s section. It comes in a
gray box and costs fifty cents less. It smells good but it reminds him of floor
I’m a grown-ass man, Kent thinks, and buys
the lavender soap.
The next time he’s out of body wash, he spends thirty minutes
trying to decide on one of the many “manly” smells before caving to “Cocoa
Cabana” in the women’s aisle because it smells like Valentines Day in a bottle.
After that it’s his deodorant body spray, trading in “Bold” (whatever the fuck
boldness smells like) for “Fresh Cotton.”
The first time Jeff catches a whiff
of it on him, he asks, “New fabric softener? It smells awesome.”
“Nah, switched deodorants.”
“Huh.” Jeff nods in approval. “Well, you smell like fresh
blankets out of the dryer. I have a physical urge to hug you.”
Kent laughs. Jeff hugs him and he laughs more. It’s nice.
After five months, nearly every toiletry Kent owns has been
switched over from an endless variety of blacks, grays, and occasional dark
greens and blues to white, purple, soft brown, yellow, and pink. Showers have
transformed from a perfunctory necessity to something luxurious. Women’s
products are so indulgent.
They make Kent feel and smell like he’s been at a spa. He does have to learn to juggle the fragrances appropriately or
risk smelling like a perfume store vomited on him. But it’s worth it, for how
good he feels after. He feels pampered. His skin is softer, his hair shines,
and even his pits and crotch look and feel cleaner. He doesn’t know if it’s the
products or because he really cares about the maintenance, now, since he’s got
all these specialty items to try. It doesn’t matter. He feels great.
Kent now has honest-to-God bubble baths and detox-salt-soaks.
He’s got body butters and face masks and a lip balm in almost every flavor. The
ladies at the Lush at the mall know him by name.
Kent’s still single. He’s got his cat for company, though, and
the guys, who drop by or come over for movie and game nights and get drunk and
eat all his food and pretend to chirp him for the specialty lemongrass-scented
hand soap in his bathroom. Sometimes, on roadies, Swoops will plop down next to
him on a bus or a plane and say loudly, “Damn, who’s got chocolate and
isn’t sharing? Oh, it’s just Parser. Fuck you for getting my hopes up,” and
then he’ll noogie Kent or grab his fingers and gnaw on them.
(The coaches have had to break them up before and it’s very
unbecoming of two adult men.)
More than once, one of the guys has fallen asleep next to Kent
and ended up face-first in Kent’s shoulder. They’ll wake up blearily, rubbing
their eyes and saying, “Whoops, sorry man, didn’t mean to drool on you.”
Kent was confused at first but he’s realizing that it’s because they gravitate
towards the scent of him in their sleep. He smells like comforting things:
honey and chocolate and cotton and Shea. He smells like warmth and safety. It’s
why he likes all the things he buys, so it makes sense the guys would like
Nobody rags on him for it. They chirp him, but that’s different.
Chirping, light-hearted and giggly, means acceptance. Soon his teammates start
coming up to him in the locker room or nudging him on a bus and
saying, “Parser, can I borrow some of your stuff?” and leaving with
key-lime lips or cocoa-butter hands.
But it’s when he catches Sunny—big, burly, greatly-bearded d-man
Sunny—pulling a bright orange tube of passion fruit lip balm out of his bag and
slicking it on in front of everyone that he knows for sure that it’s okay.
Pairing: Sam x Reader (set somewhere around season 7)
Word Count: 8,300 (longest fic I’ve ever written)
Warnings: age difference (reader is 19, Sam is 28), first time!reader, gentle!Sam, light dom!Sam, language, dirty talk, oral sex, fingering, brief handjob, light praise!kink, multiple orgasms.
A/N: I co-wrote this with a friend, but she doesn’t have a Tumblr so I can’t tag her.
“God, I hate vampires,” you say, flopping into your makeshift bed on a red and brown loveseat. You’ve been working a vampire case with Sam alone for the past week and the creatures you just destroyed are still and always will be a pain in the ass for you to kill, even with 6’4 backup.
Sam watches you roll onto your back and smiles, the right corner of his mouth turning up into a smile as he grabs a plain gray shirt and black sweats and walks to the bathroom. “They’re vampires, what do you expect them to do, hand over themselves willingly?” He says sarcastically.
“It’s still a pain. I don’t know how you guys do it so well,” You respond, burying your face in the single, flat pillow buried against the back of the loveseat.
“It takes practice,” Sam replies casually. “Like everything else you learn.”
1: Extremely passionate conversation on a specific topic that is both intellectual and also shows a window into what she’s all about and what she cares about, and what upsets her about the world.
2: Smiling while kissing.
3: Good smells.
4: Lip biting.
5: Eye contact that not only communicates something more than just “I see you”, but really shows emotion and makes you feel like you are the only thing being seen in that moment, special, whatever you want to call it.
Honestly, I just had to buy these! They both smell amazing and quite similar to the sweets they’re made to smell like. The foam banana one smells nicest though in my opinion, so I’m gonna save that one till last!
The past few weeks we have seen an increase Evelyne’s handsplaining and some fans have asked for an update on the Evelyne Brochu Sign Language (EBSL) course. Our first class covered the basics and if you need a refresher, click here. If you’re ready for lesson #2, read on Ebro pups!
EBSL signs for “tornado” and “euphoria”
Two signs here. EBSL’s “tornado” is to convey that feeling that you’re not in Kansas anymore, being delirious in the presence of Evelyne. Note that a puppy named Toto may or may not be involved. Soon after such encounter, you may also experience “euphoria” which noted as the tingling within the fingers.
EBSL sign for “what?” (winter version)
Canadian winters are known for the cold harsh temperatures and conversing in EBSL during September to April runs the risk of frostbitten finger tips. To practice safe EBSL, it is acceptable to warm your hands under your knees between signs. As for “what”… what? It’s “what”. That’s what. Moving on…
EBSL sign for “Mind Blowing”
Mostly self-explanatory sign. You see Evelyne = your mind is blown. Sign as appropriate and we’ll all understand (probably do the same sign back in agreement).
EBSL sign for “I’m going to give you a moment to rephrase that before I serve you some truth”
Even being Evelyne, one is not immune to the dreaded mansplaining or idiotic statements like “Delphine is evil”. To handle such comments, use this EBSL sign to take a moment, wet your lips, and then unleash unapologetic whoopass corrective statements to set everyone in their rightful place.
EBSL sign for “this smell goooood”
Evelyne loves good cuisine (particularly Thai) and good food means good smells. So when smelling something awesome (food or maybe Evelyne’s perfume) inhale deeply and sign “mmmm good”. Please refrain from attempting to taste Evelyne. That’s just rude.
EBSL sign for “I just, I just, I just CAN’T!!”
Often EBSL seems overwhelming and you are gobsmacked at Evelyne’s beauty, cuteness, sexiness, hair, puppy, goddess like qualities that it’s just “too much”. Never fear, this EBSL sign is there to let you convey all those feelings. You can end your expression by pressing your hands to your face which mutes EBSL to allow you a moment to steady your heart.
EBSL signs for “Can I have a hug?” and “whole world”
Hugs are the universal language for “you’re my buddy” in Evelyne’s world. Hugging spreads the love to the “whole world” (as emphasized here by the 2nd EBSL sign). As part of saying farewell, be sure to sign “can I have a hug?” and watch the immediate response:
That’s all for now buddies! Be sure to practice your EBSL daily!
Tips for when you're on your period and everything is awful
If you have periods, you know the struggle. You feel gross. You feel dirty. You feel crabby and sad and like the whole world is awful. Here are a few ways that I combat my PMS-induced blues.
• take a shower. I know it’s a lot of work, but honestly, it helps so much to get rid of that gross, dirty feeling.
• if you can and like to, shave your legs. You’ll feel like a goddess, and that helps, trust me.
• put on some awesome-smelling body lotion. You already look like a goddess, so now its time to smell like one. This can also help if you’re feeling self-conscious about that period smell (which no one else can smell, just btw. No one walks past you and says “ew that girl smells like period”, especially if you’re keeping yourself as clean as possible down there - eg changing your pad/tampon/etc as needed, making sure to wipe really well, etc.)
• if you can’t handle the process of taking a shower, at least wash and moisturize your face. Not only will it help to calm the menstrual breakout that a lot of us get, but you will also feel clean and rejuvenated.
• HEATING PADS/HOT WATER BOTTLES ARE MAN’S GREATEST INVENTION. If you need to leave the house (i.e. to go to work, run errands, etc), you can use one of those stick-on heating wraps they carry at most drug stores for joint and muscle pain, and it will hide nicely under your clothes and keep some heavenly heat on your muscles down there. However, BE VERY CAREFUL if you use one of those. The skin on your lower abdomen is very thin and sensitive, so make sure you don’t stick the wrap too low and don’t leave it on for too long. Also, don’t cover it too tightly with clothing - wear something loose if possible. If it starts to feel too hot or painful, TAKE IT OFF IMMEDIATELY.
• GET YASELF DRESSED. Wear something that makes you feel sexy and confident. It sounds like the worst thing ever, but getting dressed and looking like a million bucks helps my psyche soooo much when I’m on my period and miserable. Of course, sometimes you need a day where you never take off your pjs, and that’s okay too. But if you’re down in the dumps and feel ugly and gross, prove yourself wrong by getting dolled up and sexy as hell, even if you aren’t leaving the house. SLAY, QUEEN. YOU’RE A DAMN GODDESS.
• if you have stuff to do, DO IT. Some people have very severe menstrual symptoms, and in those cases you may not be physically able to move. That’s okay. You take your time and don’t you dare feel guilty about it. But if you at all can, at least /try/ to do some of the things you had planned. Don’t let Aunt Flo stop you. Moving on with my day as much as possible helps me to feel empowered and honestly just better about myself, even if physically I’m not feeling great. It helps me feel more in control, rather than being controlled by my period.
Please feel free to add to this list if anyone has any tips or suggestions to make periods less awful based on their own experience; these are just the things that help me. Good luck, warrior queens. Go forth and slay.
A graphic I decided to make in order to compile some of the most important chemicals responsible for the natural smell and taste of some fruits (among others such as butter, lavender, etc.). Feel free to share :)
@jhoomwrites well, my hand slipped and suddenly it’s way past my bedtime, but here ya go
cardinal-rule. Noun. (plural cardinal rules) A fundamental rule, upon which other matters hinge.
Even as a rebel, even tearing apart the pre-written script and setting out in his own free will, Castiel had followed the one cardinal rule of angels: never get romantically involved with a human.
Of course, the reasoning for the cardinal rule had constantly been disputed. Naomi used to tell him that the humans corrupted angels. Anna had believed, before cutting out her own grace, that it was the other way around, with angels corrupting humans. Uriel thought of humans as little more than mud-monkeys capable of basic thought, Balthazar found their minuscule time spans not worth investing the effort, Hannah feared angels would accidentally squish them.
It was agreed among all, of course, that romance begat the possibility of a nephilim, which was universally thought to be a danger.
So, despite his growing feelings for Dean Winchester, Castiel had managed to resist them. This rule, this strange cardinal rule, wasn’t worth breaking. At least, he thought so up until Dean almost died saving them from Amara. It was one near-death too many, as far as Castiel was concerned, and he’d kissed Dean without thinking.
And, in a miracle even more unbelievable than his survival, Dean kissed back.
Prompt: Anon: Hi!!!!!!! I am kind of new to this whole requesting
thing, but I was wondering if you’d be up to writing one where the reader is
dating Dean and finds out he has cheated on her multiple times and at first
tries to stay with him and doesn’t say anything, but later she sees him with
the other girl and goes out, gets drunk then sleeps with another guy and Dean
finds out? I’m so so sorry that it’s so so long and I get it if you don’t want
to write it! Thank you!
Warnings/Notes: Don’t be sorry! I would love to write this! Okay, so Anon, I LOVE this idea. And I really wanted to capture as much of it as I could. So to do that I needed to make this into two parts. So I’m going to post part one right now, and part two as soon as I finish it (should just be later today because I don’t want this to linger.) Otherwise it was just too long and I didn’t want to do that you Y’all.
*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*
You heard the soft beating on the door and your heart started
to race. There was only one person who knocked like that. Only one person who
had the strength to make the knock echo throughout the whole house. And even
though it had been so long since you’d heard it, so long since you’d seen him,
your heart racing was the only reasonable reaction.
Especially when Dean Winchester was on the other side of the
door. Dean Freakin’ Winchester.