by request ( @hatoratomoen and @senatormellie ), here’s what i have to say about seeing Hamilton (Chicago version).
- it was surreal to see something performed irl that you know, like, every single word to, y’know? super surreal. in the best way possible.
- The Room Where It Happens just….totally blew me away. Like the whole musical did, tbh, but that one 500% especially. I’ve seen a lot of musical theater in my time & a handful of broadway shows, and this just. The singing, acting, lighting, choreography, all of it were fucking phenomenal & I’ve never been that INTO a song EVER. It was SO so so good.
- hamilton has a v nice voice, i like him
- lafayette / jefferson’s played by a college junior?? so talented and young and good and im jealous
- hamilton and laurens touched each other a lot
- i cried two times - once when phillip died (after he stopped responding eliza kinda half collapsed and screamed into his shirt and i had a Lot of Feelings), and then at the end (partly bc the orphanage, and mostly just because i was so totally overwhelmed with how good the whole musical is and how much i love it)
any other / more specific questions, just let me know and i’ll try my best to answer :)