1. Exercise - healthy body, healthy mind. Moving into the body is a great way to promote healthy brain function as it releases endorphins and other chemicals which help to improve memory and cognitive function.
2. Vitamin B - linked to memory & mood. Being deficient in B vitamins can lead to a decline in our mental capabilities, some people even report having hallucinations as a result of having deficiencies in certain B vitamins. The best way to get these in our diets without supplementation is with turkey, beans, lentils & bananas.
3. Reading - learn from the greatest minds in history. Reading not only improves our ability to concentrate but it also allows us to acquire knowledge that can help us along our journeys from some of the greatest thought leaders of all time. Robert Green, Steven Covey, Frederick Nietzche & Napoleon Hill are authors that have shared great wisdom that has led millions to success.
4. Antioxidants - to combat free radicals in the body. Free radicals are chemicals that can be harmful for our cells, they can be accumulated naturally or with the foods we eat - the body’s defence against them is antioxidants. We can find antioxidants in foods such as red kidney beans, blueberries and cranberries - they also help to improve memory & problem solving.
5. Sleep - the body needs time to repair. The majority of us need 7-8 hours of sleep per day, during this time the body repairs itself and the mind can process the day’s events and strengthen the memory. Not getting enough sleep can cause us to have low mood, irritability and poor cognitive function.
6. Avocado - healthy fats. Avocados are made up of monounsaturated fats which are the good kind, these fats are used to create brain cells and they also increase blood flow. The brain needs blood to function optimally, so eating avocados can help greatly, they even help to reduce blood pressure.
7. Creativity - express yourself. Using the mind to create rather than just to get through the day-to-day stuff we go through improves our ability to think. Creativity also encourages other ways of thinking about problems we encounter because we are using different parts of the brain.
8. Vitamin E - a vital nutrient. Vitamin E is essential for brain health, a deficiency of E vitamins can lead to the early onset of Alzheimer’s disease as well as poor brain function. We can find Vitamin E in leafy greens, kiwis and nuts - adding these into our diets can help us to avoid mental decline in old age.
9. Meditation - clearing the mind. From approximately 8 years of age the left and right hemispheres of our brain begin to disconnect - meditation can help us to reconnect the hemispheres of the brain and promote whole brain synchronisation. Meditation also increases the brain’s ability to make physiological changes such as increasing grey and white brain matter - grey is for muscle control and sensory action & the white matter carries nerve impulses.
We don’t need supplements to become our greatest versions.
What you think about, creates your life around you
The truth of realizing what you are projecting out, from within.
2: The clarity to to see what it’s trying to teach.
3: The ability to see what will manifest as a result.
4: The wisdom to use all manifestations as tools for your future.
5: The inner power to manifest something even better!
1. Favourite foods - nurture the body & the soul. Eating our favourite foods is a great way to make ourselves feel good - however, it’s also worth mentioning that if our favourite foods aren’t healthy they should be consumed in moderation.
2. Sleep - allow the body to repair. There’s nothing quite like a good night’s sleep to restore our energy and set the tone for a day full of self-love oriented activities. Resting is a vital component of our self-care routines - more rest, less stress.
3. Movies - feel good films. Watching movies that make us feel good is a form of self-love because we’re filling the mind with what we love. For best results watch movies with a positive message and comedies - a personal favourite is Mean Girls.
4. Exercise - get that endorphin release. Endorphins are feel-good chemicals that are released from the brain when we exercise. Moving into the body also helps us live in the present moment which removes distractions from the past & future that can encourage low mood that results from overthinking.
5. Music - headphones on, world off. Listening to music that makes us feel good encourages us to move into the body and be present in the now and also helps reset our mood. Putting on our favourite songs when we’re having a bad day can help to alleviate much of the stress we’re feeling.
6. Friends - surround yourself with positive energy. Spending time around those who love & support us will help with lifting mood because we take on energy from the people we surround ourselves with.
7. Animals - present moment masters. Animals are always present in the now and spending time with them brings us into the now and the now is where life is happening. Animals are constantly sniffing, watching, listening, touching and tasting and this reminds us to lose the mind and come to the senses to ground ourselves in the now.
8. Meditation - unload the mental baggage. Meditation allows us time to do nothing, to literally sit with our eyes closed and not think about things we “have to do”. This time is extremely valuable because it allows us the opportunity to set down the baggage of daily thoughts we carry and be completely present in the now.
9. Nature - raise your frequency. Spending time in nature lifts our mood because we surround ourselves with peaceful mental imagery - these images are stored in the subconscious and drawn on to create thoughts. Peaceful imagery in - peaceful thoughts produced, negative or stressful imagery in - stressful thoughts produced.
Sun in Aries: To radiate the Divine Light and activate the Divine Mind as a reservoir of fresh ideas emanating straight from the pure Source. As consciousness streams from heaven to earth, God’s will is put into action
“An incarnation taken with the Sun in Aries is to serve as a fertile field of fire, clearing and cleaning the mind.” - Alan Oken
Sun in Taurus: To manifest the pure, exquisite beauty of the soul into the material realm. Soul level beauty makes an appearance every day, as attachment is lost and light is sourced internally and externally. Taurus is a force of attraction to the ideas that give beauty substance.
“An incarnation taken with the Sun in Taurus has a great deal to do with the right use of magnetism. Taurus can add its tremendous magnetic qualities to attract the correct form around any inspirational idea.” - Alan Oken
Sun in Gemini: Infusing chaotic worlds of opposition into harmonic unity, to blend yin yang, masculine and feminine, light and shadow, soul and body. Fluid mutability re-arranges and relates all things so duality is resolves and evolution is generated. The sacred messenger is activated when spirit and personality integrate
“To be an agent for Venus on the subjective level of life and use the power of Mercury objectively. In this way, the Sun in Gemini serves as a vehicle for communicating the Law of Right Human Relationships: Peace on Earth and Goodwill to (Wo)Men.” - Alan Oken
Sun in Cancer: To provide nourishment, armour, and protection materially and immaterially to all of Creation, as an all-encompassing substance much like the amniotic fluids. Offering nurturing from the Goddess to all forms. Stimulation of soul light
“To create foundations: a foundation for future incarnations based on the intelligent blending of Will and Love, and the anchoring of a foundation of inner and outer resources to bring the nurturing Love of the Soul to others.” - Alan Oken
Sun in Leo: To radiate the marvellous will and artistry of God and the Master Plan through daily life. To display and be the architect of Divine Love and act as an extension of infinite cosmic creativity
“To create opportunities for the expression of consciousness, both individually and collectively. The latter is achieved through Leo´s creative processes” - Alan Oken
Sun in Virgo: Activation of healing, universal service, and refining the lower self and mind. To utilise tremendous discrimination to bring about good will and assistance to the world, to work on behalf of the Soul of the World for the evolution of the Virgo Soul
“To provide the necessary forms through which consciousness (Love) may do the work of the Healer and bring a greater sense of wholeness into manifestation.” - Alan Oken
Sun in Libra: The soul takes a breath here. It ascends from the lower to the higher self and perceives opposition and duality in clear form. To stand in the middle and navigate polarities, to unify and create equality with seamless synthesis
“To hold opposing forces in check so that greater awareness of both the Soul and the personality may be achieved equally by all.” - Alan Oken
Sun in Scorpio: The Dweller of the Threshold awakens in Scorpio. Ultimate desire is the fire under the Soul as the higher self battles with the lower self for Divine purity. These battles facilitate sacred states of transformation which generate deeper and deeper love from the Soul
“To be a catalyst for the transformation of others, and by so doing, to transform the ego; an opportunity for Grace.” - Alan Oken
Sun in Sagittarius: The contrasting desires of the lower and higher self become integrated and focused toward the spiritual mission of the Soul itself. The guru awakens as the higher mind is cultivated with the Laws of Spiritual Nature when fastidious logic unifies with God’s vision
“Sagittarius must use its well earned one-pointed focus to orient the life to some lofty objective, one which allows him or her to be a teacher of the ways of the Path.” - Alan Oken
Sun in Capricorn: To express the Master Plan and blueprint of God’s Mind into daily life on behalf of the collective. To undertake tremendous internal challenges so the soul’s true purpose is recognised and realised in reality.
“Initiation. Capricorn represents that stage in spiritual growth in which all the efforts at spiritual growth culminate in advanced spiritual awareness.” - Alan Oken
Sun in Aquarius: To activate the light of Leo into the Soul of humanity, to be the reservoir that nourishes collective consciousness so evolution is possible for all beings. To awaken intuition with emotional and cerebral intelligence
“To create those human links and contacts that allow the Love/ Wisdom of the solar system to be expressed very specifically through the human mind.” - Alan Oken
Sun in Pisces: All dualities are resolved into a watery crystal and reflect only blinding Soul light. Liquid leaks all division, so material and immaterial unify and the identity is sacrificed to something higher. Acting on behalf of Soul purpose
“To undergo and teach those tests of increased spiritual awareness that create an identification with the whole of human experience.” - Alan Oken
The Basics - the reality we experience is created based on the dominant thoughts we hold in our minds - positive thoughts = positive life. This is where the saying “whatever we focus on grows” comes from - if we’re focused on what we love, our thoughts will be positive & the reality we experience will revolve around what we love.
Vibration - everything in the universe is vibrating at a certain frequency: people, animals, thoughts & feelings. Love is the highest vibrational frequency, when we want to experience a life we love - we need to raise our frequency to attract more love into our lives and distance ourselves from anything fear-based.
Attraction - we attract what we are. In this universe like attracts like - who & what we attract is determined by our vibrational frequency. If we are acting in a lower-vibrational manner, which revolves around fear, we will attract people, places and situations that reflect what we’re focusing on. See that everything & everyone is a reflection of who we are & what we’re focusing on.
Vision - we become what we think. Whatever the mind can conceive - we can achieve, if we think we are capable of greatness then we can achieve it. Building a clear mental picture of the life we want to live makes it much easier to create our reality - rather than just hoping things will change naturally. Vision boards, visualisation meditations and speaking about our visions with manifestation buddies is a great way to strengthen the mental image.
Intention - state what you want. To get anything we desire we must first set the intention, from getting a date to making more money - the intention is key. Once we’ve set the intention we can then start to assess the way we behave and adjust our actions based on what we want to attract into our lives.
Gratitude - when we are grateful for what we have we shift our focus toward what we love, which raises our frequency and brings us closer to the love vibration. Gratitude is also a great way for us to attract more of what we love into our lives because we’re sending a signal of abundance into the universe.