Hi! Anon from earlier asking about angst requests, thank you for answering so promptly! I was thinking about the hypothetical situation I proposed aaaand I wound up liking it better than what I originally had in mind. So, could we get the TFP autobots reactions to getting their human s/o back after the decepticons have held them captive for while? Assuming the decepticons haven't bothered to take proper care of the s/o? (lack of water, etc) (P.S. I adore your blog it's my favorite ever!!)
Aw thanks darling! I’ll do the main 5 so it doesn’t get too long.
- He’d lead the rescue mission to get you. He’s never been so enraged in his life when he finds you in a cage- a cage, like some sort of animal- shaking and crying out to him. Careful not to harm you in the process, he rips the bars off the cage and reaches for you.
- Very nearly cries when you cling to his servo. Megatron will be dealt with later- oh, he will be dealt with. But right now you are first priority, and Optimus calls for an immediate groundbridge.
- He wants to hold you during your medical examination, and Ratchet doesn’t have the spark to tell him no.
- He’s drowning in guilt as Ratchet reads off your chart “malnutrition, dehydration…” the list goes on. Optimus smooths a digit over your head and curls you closer.
- For the entire time your bedridden he sits next to you. He just can’t tell you how sorry he is for letting you get hurt.
- The morning after you’re brought back you wake to Optimus kissing your head. He gently tells you to go back to sleep. As you doze back off you see him leave through the groundbridge and hear his vow to kill Megatron.
- Usually he doesn’t go on missions, but nothing could make him stay behind on this one. The ‘Cons are sure he’s back on synth-en as slices through enemies and demands to know where you are. Nearly removes Starscream’s head for his smart mouth.
- Your chains are nothing to him. He’s able to get them off without hurting you with his surgical instruments. He’s ever-so-gentle as he checks you over.
- Isn’t even trying to hide his anger as he reads your vitals. He’s cursing the cons with every breath until he realizes your distress. Then he apologizes and quiets himself.
- His bedside manner is a lot better after that. He lovingly encourages you to eat and drink slowly, praising you and petting your head as you take slow sips of water. He tells you how much he loves you and that he missed you.
- He’s extra crabby to everyone else,though. He constantly scolds people when they’re too loud and shoos them away from the medbay.
- He sleeps in the medbay while you’re bedridden in case there are complications or you have a nightmare.
- Is extremely quiet and hyper-focused on the rescue mission until he finds you. Then he frantically asks you if you’re okay and cuddles you close.
- He feels like absolute slag. First Raf got sick and then you got captured; why can’t he protect the people he loves?! He switches between anger and depression.
- He’s going to kill Megatron- he is. After Tyger Pax and Raf and you, does anyone else have more of a right to the warlord’s life?
- Is extra affectionate with you. He nuzzles you and constantly tells you how much he loves you. When you’re feeling up to it he cuddles you while you watch your favorite cartoons.
- He gets jumpy and protective of you. When you cough he immediately calls Ratchet in a panic. Bulkead will be too loud and he’ll angrily buzz at him to hush.
- The Cons put you in Arachnid’s “care” to specifically piss Arcee off. She wasn’t allowed to kill you, but you weren’t in the best shape when Arcee found you.
- Arcee returns to the base with you and a few long, spindly appendages she “collected”
- At first she switches between being possessive and distant. Ratchet tells you it’s because she’s so scared of losing another partner. She’ll come around.
- She does come around after awhile and ends up mothering you. Did you drink plenty of water? Take you medicine? Do you need another blanket?
- She kisses you goodnight and holds your hand while you sleep.
- Even scares his team on the rescue mission. He’s going full-blown Wrecker style, and he’s frighteningly emotionless as he tears Cons apart.
- He finally returns to his old self when you’re in his servos. He holds you protectively and orders Ratchet to open the groundbridge and prep the medbay.
- He freaks out over every injury you have, even if it’s just a bruise. Begs Ratchet to be extra careful with you and gets sent out of the medbay until your examination is over.
- The IV you have to have unnerves him. It reminds him how fragile and small you are. It keeps you trapped in the medbay. It’s keeping you alive right now because those slagging ‘Cons didn’t give you water.
- He gets you get-well soon balloons and ice cream and even a big fluffy teddy bear to cuddle when he’s away.
- At night he gives you kisses and tells you stories (happy ones of before the war) as you fall asleep. He camps out in the medbay so he can be close to you.