- 45-year-old Muslim woman Soha Salama was physically attacked at the Grand Central subway station in New York City on Monday morning.
- The man started with verbal abuse. He reportedly called Salama a “terrorist” and said she shouldn’t be allowed to work in the city.
- He also told Salama, who has lived in NYC for 20 years, to “go back” to her country.
- The alleged attacker then followed Salama after she got off the train.
- Shortly after, he pushed her down the exit staircase, causing injuries to her knee and ankle.
- Salama was reportedly taken to the hospital for her injuries.
- The NYPD is currently investigating the incident. Read more