This is a very important part of the petticoat making process, which I like to call the twirl test. I think it passed.
I’m not thrilled with how this turned out because my measurements didn’t quite line up and I used a cheap netting from joanns so it has a habit of deflating. But it’s comfortable and fun to wear! Very lightweight and great for spinning.
This will be worn underneath a short Cinderella inspired dress. It’s made from six layers of netting with organza and lamé ruffles.
I wrote a super long blog post about making it, which is posted here.
Weirdly the photos of this didn’t turn out, but the video did. So here is a little clip from that video!
This is my finished bonnet and Regency ensemble. It’s kind of finished, I thought it was done but after trying the whole thing on I see changes I want to make to every piece (especially the wig!). I’ll try to get photos of the updated version soon.
But even without being fixed up, i’m pretty happy with this. I like how the dress and accessories look, it’s well constructed, and it looks pretty cute all together!
I haven’t blogged or posted progress photos of the dress, but a write up on how I made the bonnet is here.