- AUSTIN, Texas – Local activists were standing up and fighting back in Austin after ongoing rumors of Immigration and Customs Enforcement raids in the city were confirmed Friday.
- Per KVUE, ICE detained 44 Mexican immigrants in Austin since Thursday — an “unprecedented” level of enforcement, according to local immigration advocates.
- Protests formed Thursday and Friday evening outside the J.J. Pickle Federal Building in downtown Austin, where ICE was reportedly processing detainees, according to the Texas Observer.
- Another protest was held in North Austin near where a public ICE arrest took place Friday morning, documented in a viral video by El Mundo.
- Eren Uribe arrived at the J.J. Pickle Building Friday in time to see ICE agents block protesters from four vans, which activists suspected contained immigrant detainees who had been nabbed and processed earlier that day, that were leaving the building. It was the first time she took part in a protest. Read more (2/11/17 8:17 PM)
Me pasas música que consideres buena? la necesito 😿