- was a survivor of attempted murder, and was resilient to not let that horrid and traumatizing event bring her down or let it ruin her life
- was a victim of emotional abuse, and didn’t let the abuse get to her
- would save a baby bird from danger and make sure it found it’s parents
- knows how to hold a rocking party with friends
- survivor of emotional abuse from her stepmom and stepsisters for many years, and stayed kind towards others
- despite her family treating her so wrongly and poorly, she just wanted to spend a night with them and have fun with them, and just be like a normal family “ Prince Charming, who “ ?????
- she’s sassy as fuck “ Well I don’t want to interrupt their “music lesson “ during her stepsisters bad singing
- even though she had a short time to be at the ball, she was grateful for the opportunity anyways
- Gives up her happiness, to perform her duty as a princess for her kingdom and her kingdom’s future and knows that she must do her job as a princess. That’s pretty brave and selfless.
- that gorgeous blonde curly hair !!!!
- she’s the first Princess that goes forward to make her dreams come true, rather than just wishing, hoping and waiting.
- she’s adventurous, curious, loves to explore, learn about new things and new cultures and new world
- she’s the first Princess to save her love interest, but once, but twice
- different, odd and a misfit from the common crowd and gives no fucks
- “ Women shouldn’t read “ Well shut the fuck up, I’m going to do what I love and enjoy anyways.
- takes no bullshit. You are a asshole ? Got no time for that. She’s outtie.
- sees the good within people, but is also isn’t naive, she knows that some people are just plain monsters, through and through.
- will stand up for her rights, and won’t be pushed around
- is quick, sharp, intelligent and a fast learner
-wants to learn more about the outside world and her people
-if you try and lie to her or manipulate her or treat her like she’s a fool, she’s not having that shit
-will fight for her people, her family, her world, her home, her culture
- she’s the first princess to save the day, not the guy, not a male sidekick, she’s the one the saves the day, while Snow had the Dwarfs, Cinderella had her mice friends, Aurora had Prince Phillip, Ariel had Eric, and Jasmine had Aladdin. ( Belle is debatable imo )
- loves the earth and nature and will protect it from harm
- she saves China, I mean, come on
- she never gives up, no matter what. If she fails, she will just try even harder to succeed and will find a way on how can succeed.
- brave, determined, strong mentally and physically, a kind friend
-teaches girls that it’s okay if you haven’t found yourself yet- if you don’t give up, one day you will, and you will conquer
- pushes gender norms
- another female princess that saves the day, not her male love interest, or sidekicks, is also the first princess to defeat the villian in battle, like a previous male character like Phillip or Eric would
- is hard-working, and never gives up on her dreams, and will work hard to get there
- teaches that dreams are done by sweating your butt off, giving up on fun sometimes, sometimes having to work more than one job, than just wishing and hoping, you have to take action, and make that dream happen
-ambitious and smart and realistic
- teaches that you shouldn’t take a short-cut, find a lazy option, cheat or gamble your way to success, the only to get there is through hard work and effort
- again,another badass princess that saves the day on her own
- is kind to everybody
- is cheerful, positive, warm and supportive towards others, even people who seem “scary “, she knows inside, that we all have dreams
-is brave enough to step outside her zone and new and strange places and territories
- anger her by harming one of her loved ones and she will fucking tear you apart
- a talented artist
Anna and Elsa
- teaches girls that family love is just as important than romance love, if not more so
- Anna goes through a abusive relationship and isn’t put off love forever, she learns her lesson, doesn’t let Hans bad treatment of her ruin her or let her become a toxic person, like he was, and moves on with a better man, and a healthier relationship
- Elsa goes through basically being locked up with lack of other human contact, fearing her powers and fearing what other people think of, to come out as better and stronger person
- Elsa teaches that sometimes its best not let what others think of you, and just say “ fuck it “ and just be yourself and be free
- Anna teaches the difference between a unhealthy relationship (whirlwind romance,quickly trusting people, getting into a deep relationship with somebody you don’t even know ) and healthy one ( somebody who gives you his jacket when you are cold, holds you close when you are scared, is worried about your well-being, getting to know somebody first before leaping in, somebody who asks for your consent before kissing you, will do anything to make sure you are safe and okay )
- will do anything for her island and people and make sure they’ll all okay
- her leadership skills are A++
- no “ you are forced to marry this boy so you can become his queen”, BS, Moana is the future leader
- is brave to fear the unknown waters, learn new skills, and battle monsters
- is understanding, and understands why somebody acts the way that they do
- is extremely independent
in short, they are all awesome, even the three originals.
“I fell in love with Rose because she was happy and lighthearted. I fell in love with her because she was beautiful and as cheerful as the sunshine. I fell in love with her because I heard her singing with her beautiful voice… as carefree as a songbird. I fell in love with a girl who danced and twirled across the meadows like an angel of happiness.”
— Once Upon a Dream, Liz Braswell
These are all works of the talented @dorodraws who not only is here on tumblr but also has a TON more super pretty disney fanart for yout to drool at… so have at it guys!
EDIT 2: The last one isn’t from dorodraws. The artist is @dc9spot and there’s more completely adorable and bullshit free Beau and the Beast here and here
Isn’t it weird that they aren’t all by the same person? great minds think alike or something like that. Don’t forget to visit both their blogs for more awesome art!
Does anyone know the artist of these? They are al found in google, but it’s all reposts and they are never credited and i really badly need to know who they are. Like i need more of them right away.
And really, could you please look at them? they’re all oh sooo pretty and dainty and so true to disney magic in general and can you please look at that ADORABLE and COMPLETELY HYPOCRISY/BULLSHIT FREE genderbend of Beauty and the Beast? That’s incredibly rare to see and i love it so much.
So this person really deserves the credit and also the fandom really needs more of this type of genderbends. Even if it might not know it does.
You know, we see a lot of cisswap aus for Disney, but can we have more role reversals pls?
I want to see Jasmine as the sly street rat, enchanting passersby with a bat of her eyelashes and the swing of her hips - before robbing them blind and disappearing over a rooftop before they even know what’s hit them.
Flynn as the sheltered prince bored out of his skull, ready to jump out of his tower if only to sate his restlessness. Then in comes the small and spunky Rapunzel, long, wispy blond hair braided in a thick rope down her back, arms wrapped in lean muscle and a white palace horse following her like a lovesick puppy, despite her being a known criminal.
Big, burly Kristoff, so shy and awkward despite his stature. Kristoff who adores his big sister to the ends of the Earth, who desperately longs for the days of closeness they used to share when they were younger. Kristoff who always thought it was his duty to protect his petite, delicate little big sister, with her soft pale skin like fine white lace, her dainty fingers and gentle smile. Kristoff who blames himself for not being able to protect her when she accidentally freezes her entire country in an eternal winter. Kristoff who is enchanted by Anna and somewhat terrifying reindeer, Sven. Anna who is strong and capable, but still ditzy enough to make Kristoff toss and turn at night with worry for his airheaded new friend.
Tarzan as the cultured, eloquent young man, on a study trip with his eccentric mother to learn more about the gorillas. Tarzan meeting the mysterious, half-feral Jane, draped in animal skins and hair cut short and choppy around her face, lest it get snagged on tree branches or tugged out by ferocious predators as she flies through the forest on her vines.
Phillip as the naive, sheltered young prince raised as a simple village boy, meeting the alluring Aurora and her horse in the woods one day as they hunt for game. Her long golden hair is tied back in a neat knot high on her head to keep it out of the way, her fingers sure and unflinching as she strings up her prey. Aurora facing the dragon to save her prince charming; befriending the poor creature, soothing her ferocious rage borne of pain love - the rage of a mother separated from her hatchlings. Aurora promising the dragon to help find her babies, if only she can first be let through to save her prince charming.