A little AU meet-cute based on @billypoindexter‘s prompt (someone else may have already done it, but I haven’t written any zimbits in forever):
So I was watching Say Yes to the Dress yesterday and Corbin Bleu and his
fiancé (now wife) Sasha Clements were on it and when they asked how
they met Sasha said they met in a grocery store and she kind of
recognized him, and figured he was an acquaintance whose name she had
forgotten. So she goes “Hey!! How are you?” and they chat for a bit
before she realizes that she knows him because he’s famous.
Bitty was rounding the end of the cereal aisle, rechecking
the grocery list to see if he’d gotten everything and wondering what was wrong
with the state of public education in New England that none of his roommates
had apparently learned basic penmanship, when he ran into someone.
“Oh my god, I am so sorry!” he exclaimed, and suppressed
the wince as his accent reflexively came out full force. (It was partly the
apologizing, and partly that he’d learned people were more forgiving if they
thought he wasn’t from ’round here. He’d decided to embrace it; if he couldn’t
get rid of the accent, it might as well be good for something.)
“No, no problem,” said the person, and then Bitty actually
looked at him and felt that familiar terror of countless small-town grocery
runs with his mother, where they ran into someone that he knew he was supposed to know, but could not place for the life of
him, let alone remember an actual name.
“Well, hey!” he exclaimed, racking his brain frantically for
the reason this guy looked so familiar. Surely he’d remember someone who looked
like that. Lord. There was nothing,
though, so he let autopilot take over. “How have you been?”
Tall, Dark, and Handsome blinked at him. (How could Bitty
have forgotten eyes that blue? What even was wrong with him today? This was
ridiculous.) “Uh, okay, actually. Yup. Everything going well.”
“Well, that’s great!” Bitty glanced at his list again. “Hey,
can you read this? I genuinely can’t tell if this is supposed to be English.”
The guy obligingly took the paper from him and squinted at
it. “Provolone, I think.”
Bitty took the list back and stared at it for a second. “I
think you’re right. Honestly, Holster.”
“I was just heading toward the deli myself.”
“How perfect! I really kind of hate shopping by myself? But
this was just supposed to be a quick in and out, or at least it was until I
realized I apparently live with chickens in human guise who never learned to
By the time Bitty and The Guy checked out and parted ways
half an hour later, Bitty still hadn’t recalled his name, and by then it was
clearly too late to admit it.
Oh well, he’d probably remember later, when he was trying to
“You know,” he called pointedly from the kitchen, “y’all could make yourselves useful and help me
put all these things away.”
“Yes! Bro! Did you see that pass?” Holster yelled instead.
“Beauty,” Ransom answered, and then there was the sound of a
Bitty sighed and stuck his head around the corner to see
what they were yelling about now.
SportsCenter, as usual, was on, playing highlights from the
Falconers’ game the night before. As Bitty watched, it switched from the on-ice
play to an intermission interview.
An intermission interview. With the guy from the grocery
“Oh my god,” Bitty
said for the second time that day, hands to his cheeks, which were indeed
Holster looked over at him in concern. “Bits? What’s wrong?
Why do you look like a tomato?”
“I just spent half an hour casually grocery shopping with
Jack fucking Zimmermann because I thought he looked familiar and I didn’t want
to admit I couldn’t place him. Oh my god, I could just die.”
Ransom and Holster exchanged glances and then they were on
him. “No shit! What’s he like? What did he buy? Tell us everything!”
“I can never shop there again,” Bitty said faintly.
Finished these yesterday, on a really fun stream but had to post them today because Clip Studio crushed (I had saved tho). I have sketched out two more sets of six, but I need some energy refill before I work on those.
Summary: A nonathletic!Jack fic, where grad student and history nerd, Jack Zimmermann meets the cute Samwell student/baker Eric Bittle at the Bread and Butter Bakery. Will the two make a love connection? For @devereauxsdisease and @victorineb who love this incarnation of Jack as much as I do.
They’d chatted at the bakery enough times that Bitty was able to pull the information from Jack. He’d started coming to the bakery about four weeks ago, and during that time Bitty became more and more charmed with the second year grad student.
He always sat in the corner armchair, ordered a black coffee, two macarons and a slice of whatever the pie of the day was. Bitty first noticed him when he came in to order a slice of Weary Willie cake.
Bitty loved his job at the bakery, it gave him some extra cash while he attended Samwell. Whenever Bitty was there, he was the de facto person in charge. Shirley and Spencer, the owners of Bread and Butter adored Bitty.
“We never had any kids of our own, so you’re the closest thing to it, Bitty,” Shirley said to him one evening over a cup of earl grey tea.
So Bitty stood there, face to face with the bluest eyes he’d ever seen the first time Jack walked in. The Clark Kent glasses in front of them did nothing to hide the fact that they were beautiful. It was a good face, a handsome face. He was burly and tall, and Bitty loved that. He smiled, and Bitty’s body language invited Blue Eyes to speak.
“Can I get a slice of the Weary Willie cake?”
“Sure can, handsome,” Bitty said as he began to ring up Blue Eyes’ order, who blushed furiously. “What else can I do you for?”
“Coffee. Black. Medium, please,” he replied looking down at the counter.
“Why don’t you go find yourself a seat and I’ll bring it out to you,” Bitty said with a warm smile.
“Thank you,” Blue Eyes said softly and then turned to walk toward the corner armchair.
When Bitty approached, Blue Eyes had pulled out a laptop and several textbooks, the one on top of the pile was called Foundations of Modern European Intellectual History.
“Doing a little light reading, huh?” Bitty said as he put the cake and coffee on the side table.
“Oh, haha. Yes.”
“Do you go to Samwell?”
“I’m finishing up my masters in history there,” he said as he held up his book.
“That’s great. I haven’t seen you here before,” Bitty said wanting to know more about History Blue Eyes.
“I saw the chalkboard outside listing the Weary Willie cake and the history nerd in me became curious.”
“Look at you! You certainly are a history major.”
“Did you make the cake?” Jack asked raising his eyebrows.
“Sure did. My moomaw had the recipe from her mama.”
“Well, it’s not often I find a somewhat obscure historical reference on my way back to the history building.”
I’m jumping on the Humans-Interact-With-Aliens bandwagon! Okay, so, general behaviors varying wildly between humans and aliens??. And humans are just really perceptive at recognizing emotions (it comes with being social by nature) and good at consoling their crew-mates. (This totally sucks. This is me doing a draft. I’m going to have an actual short story that uses some of this up in a bit. Sorry for the odd/cruddy names, I have never written or really read sci-fy XD )
“Is everything alright, Wixi’nan?” a Human approaches Wixi’nan, arms splayed out wide and movements slow. Their voice is lower and softer than usual, which causes the thick brow on Wixi’nan’s gray skin to furrow and xir’s appendages to crack and elongate in frustration. “I am fine.” xir’s tone is clipped, xe regards the dark eyes of the Human designated “Asper” with caution. “Why ix-ith- you’re language ix quite complicated- it that you ask? I am performing my dutieth in a perfunctory and timely manner; if what you fear that my efficienxy has declined thince laxt we were met, then conthern yourself no longer.” Most Xota’ilianths would end the conversation there, as that would be their only concern until work was over. However, the Humans operated differently. The Human nodded their head decisively, short hair bobbing with their movements. “Right, you’re sad. Follow me.”
Wixi’nan was loathe to admit, but Asper was right. It was just that Xe was supposed to be working, and complaints were rude and seen as a negative reflection on xir’s leader, so xi has stayed silent. Xe shadowed the Human’s soft steps with snaps and hisses that came from xe’s movements. A door slid open with a chirping whir, and the Human pointed at a lump of stuffed cotton, “Sit.” Gentle sounds started emitting from the ship’s speakers, and xir’s antennae shot up and twitched wildly, face flushing to a dark color in preparation for fight. The sounds of waterfalls and what Humans called “piano” and “bass” soon soothed xir’s frayed nerves, however. It might be the “music” that the Humans talked of, but it sounded different. Xota’ilianths much preferred chanting and more structured sounds- patterns relaxed them. Xe sat, noting that the pile of stuffed cotton- called “pillows” by the Humans- was surprisingly comfortable. A mug of- *something*- was shoved into xir’s hands; xe briefly noted that the Human was so SMALL in comparison to xem. “Do you want to talk about it?” the Human sipped at her own- *something*- as they inquired as to xir’s problems.
“No. Now, what ix thix odd drink?” It was good, xe admitted. As a semi-cold-blooded specie, warmth was to be appreciated.
Xe would not have been surprised if xir’s abrupt topic change offended Asper. It would, certainly, offend many of xir’s own kind. Xe was startled when Asper simply went, “Okay. And hot-chocolate.” Before delving into stories: history and historical differences between their cultures (”Humanth have more than one culture?!” “Oh, yes. We’re all quite spread out, you see, and so we developed according to different conditions and out cultures grew around our environments!” “Fascinating.”), interesting things that had happened to them (What is a Gern?” “Believe be, A’pen, you do not wish to know.”). After conversation tired, Aspen offered Wixi’nan a book, and in silence they enjoyed the comfort of being close to another.
It was at the beginning of the next half-rotation of the nearest planet that the duo would awaken, in what Aspen referred to as a “pillow-fort”.
“Thank you, A’pen.” Xir’s large hand engulfed xir’s new “friend” ‘s. “Your name might mean ‘rough’ and ‘harsh’, but it clearly is no reflection of you
“Any time, Wixi’nan.” Aspen flashed a grin, before her facial emotions completed disappeared, startling Wixi’nan, “But you doubt the Human race and their ability to destroy and surprise; specifically. *my* ability to be totally wicked!” Another grin, and Aspen was off. The Human was off to investigate the “dangerous” beast, she scoffed. She had seen videos of it, it was TOTALLY an oversized puppy with a forked tongue, wings, claws, and what looked like armored fish-scales. Why did aliens not realize that a friend comes in many shapes?
Y’all I’m still salty that nobody asked me about my Mata Hari!Lance so here I’m throwing you the au anyway!
In this au the war against Zarkon is mostly like a resistance in which some Alteans survived and all aliens work against the galra.
Lance and Hunk are captured by the galra, but Lance figures a way for them not to be throw to the pit, convincing some soldiers to make them useful instead of killing them. Hunks ends up helping gin the kitchen and Lance becomes a dancer for the galra.
Keith is a Galra soldier, though he actually works for Allura and the resistance. Nobody suspects a thing.
Keith meets Lance the time he returs from a mission (aka giving Allura some information) Keith gets interested in him because he himself is part human and he doesn’t understand why a human is there willingly.
They, however, fall in love rather quickly.
There’s angst after this of course, it wouldn’t be my au if there wasn’t some angst on the plot >:3c
• “My stupid friends roped me into a mall scavenger hunt and you’re on the list” AU
• “We both wanted to rent a bike for an hour but the only one they have is a tandem bike” AU
• “You’re adopting the cat that I’ve been trying to adopt for a week now” AU
• “You just moved into the house next to my mom’s and she has you doing her yardwork” AU
• “I’m on a terrible date and you’re my waitor please help me” AU
• “My brother/sister asked me to break up with you for them i’m so sorry” AU
• “I’ve been receiving all your freaking mail since you moved out and you keep getting weird gifts from your brother make it stop” AU
• “Our dick landlord just evicted us both” AU
• “We both just moved in with our siblings and they’re neighbors” AU
• “I’m your neighbor and I can hear you fucking someone who shares my name” AU
• “Your cat got my cat pregnant and now I have all these kittens please take them” AU
• “I’m your ex, you are a cop, and I just got arrested for being drunk and disorderly” AU
• “Remember that one time in college when we were at that party and you asked a random stranger to pretend to be your boyfriend/girlfriend? Yeah well that was me and we’re adults now” AU
• “You’re sort of famous and we vaguely know each other through bumping into each other all the time but the media thinks we’re dating” AU
• “You’re a cop, I’m a firefighter, we always work the same shifts” AU
• “You always ask me for help but I have weird health conditions that prevent me from doing so” AU
• “Your roommate cheated on me and I just threw your laptop out the window thinking it was his” AU
• “My kid just shot a bottle rocket into your window” AU
• “We’re both in the vegetable isle and I just burst into tears while staring at the cabbages” AU
• “That’s my fucking fish that you just caught give it back” AU
• “I’ve had a crush on you since the 11th grade but you’ve hated me ever since that one time” AU
• “The advertisement did not do you justice” AU
• “You jipped me of those concert tickets so I came to your house asshole” AU
• “You think I’m nervous because you’re interviewing me for this high end job but actually it’s because you’re stupidly hot” AU
• “Oh shit this isn’t my car” AU
• “You fell off the map 6 years ago and you think you can just waltz back into my life. Literally. You’re the dance instructor for my best friend’s wedding and we have history” AU
• “It’s 2am on the night of my 21st birthday and we gotta fix this fucking mess by morning or else we’re fucked ” AU
• “My dad’s a cancer patient and you’re his nurse” AU
• “Did I mention that I had a dream about you last night? Oh right we’ve never talked about before” AU
• “Lol this was a terrible idea” AU
• “juSt a game? jUST A GaMe????? FUCK YOU I WILL DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO WIN” or the “so competitive it’s almost sexual” AU
• “Aren’t you the person from marti gras last year?” AU
• “We’re both on the same multiple stop flight schedules to go to the same destination so we might as well stick together. Also your shoulder is a very comfortable pillow.” AU
• “Fuck you and your bee farm I’ve had enough” AU
• “We’re in an exam study group and I just send you my nudes by accident oops” AU
• “Somehow my gallery sculpture piece looks exactly like you how weird” AU
• “That tattoo on your chest is the exact same as mine” AU
• “I was actually awake when you did that thing” AU
• “Why do we keep running into each other when we live on opposite sides of the country?” AU
• “We need to be really quiet but you have the hiccups” AU
• “Why do you always walk your dog at exactly 12am every night? Do you not enjoy sleep?” AU
• “For the love of God, what is making that noise?” AU
• “Somehow you manage to scare me everytime we run into each other and i already get frightened very easily let me live” AU