Hi folks! Hope you don’t mind this quick break from reblogging gifts, but I’m in a bit of a difficult situation. I had a failure on the drive where I store all my audios and videos, and am currently working on attempting to restore as much of the drive as possible. But it’s not looking very good. Has anyone had experience in recovering a large amount of data? In the past, I’ve had decent luck using a few different programs, but always on smaller drives (500GB and under). This time, it was a 2TB drive that failed, and I’m not confident that I’ll be able to get the data back.
1. My grandmother and her husband, who got married 40 years ago, had their marriage blessed by a priest while she was still lucid enough to know what was happening
2. My cousin graduated from high school and started college! Photos of us at my senior prom and at his senior prom, and at each of his graduations (pre-school, grade school, high school)
3. I went to the Virginia Gold Cup and saw American Pharaoh race - and win!
4. One of my best friends got married! Us in high school, and at his wedding 12 years later
5. I went to a masquerade ball at Halloween
6. And the crowning achievement, I won an award! This is an award given by one of the members of my community theatre group, she gives it every show to someone on the production team who is not a team leader and, basically, goes above and beyond; someone who deserves more credit than they get. As I go into my 10th year with the group, it felt really great to get an award - especially after all of the issues I had on the other production I did in the spring
So my two highlights were definitely Something Rotten and Hamilton in New York. Two of the best theatrical experiences of my life, and I would happily go back to either one of them at the drop of a hat.
Honourable mentions to some really great regional productions at the Bucks County Playhouse just north of Philly - Company, starring Justin Guarini and directed by Hunter Foster, and the 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, which saw my mother make her stage debut as one of the spellers.
First, I have in my possession BOTH of those videos I had mentioned in the tags. The partial one is pretty bad quality but still acceptable. The second one (full thing) is glorious.
Second, I will be gone for a few days. I’m leaving at 6AM on a trip for my job, and will be back late Sunday night. I have a queue, but it will run out before I get back, so expect silence from me for a bit
(keep in mind, I only taught myself to sew last autumn, so I still have no idea what I’m doing)
My biggest accomplishment this year was - with the help of several people on and off through the day - making 6 dresses from scratch in under 12 hours. Even though the end result was that they weren’t used, I was still hugely proud of myself for getting it done (and hugely bitter for the way they were refused)
Then in October, I made some Disney costumes for a Quizzo night and we won Best Theme! I made the Fairy Godmother costume for my mother and Jessie and Woody from Toy Story for myself, but wound up not using Woody.
I also made Leslie Knope’s wedding dress and started a few other projects, but I only put finished projects here.
For 2016, I would like to make more stuff. I enjoy it, I just am not very good because I don’t have much practice