What else would you change in Lok, just a general list?
lol, I really don’t want to but you asked nicely…
- Well, as someone previously pointed out, I would’ve shed some light on the Fire Nation’s reconstruction process after Sozin’s fall. For the most part, we see how all the other nations evolved/rebuilt after the war but not the Fire Nation. I assumed it was because of the great emphasis that was placed on The Fire Nation in ATLA…but still. I would’ve loved to see how the nation that was the catalyst for the war evolved/recovered over time, etc.
- I would’ve nixed the love triangle in Book 1 with an axe (Although I try to give the creators and writers some slack because at the time they were only planning on making one season.)
- I would’ve dug into the the Equalist movement more. I mean the divide between benders vs non-benders is much deeper than what Book 1 showed. Sure their leader was exposed as a fraud, but that doesn’t takeaway from the hardships and so forth that non-benders have faced throughout the years…centuries…basically since bending became feasible. So, it’s not so much the Equalist movement itself that I wish received more attention, but the main concern that drove it, which is the issue of inequality.
- The whole Vaatu and Raava showdown would’ve actually made a great show finale. I suppose we already had something similar in ATLA, which is why they decided to go the Kuvira route, but eh? To each their own. Although this is really just a petty request, I’ll be honest haha.
- Honestly I would’ve nixed Book 4 of LOK. If anything, ATLA should’ve had a book 4. Aaron Ehasz, one of writers for ATLA, had so many great ideas for a Book 4 of ATLA that I wish more than anything had become a reality. (side note: Ehasz wrote most of the episodes for ATLA, is basically the reason why most of the characters are as multidimensional and intriguing as they are, hell he’s one of the main reasons Toph is a girl instead of a boy…yeah, Toph was supposed to be a boy.) So, am I saying I wanted LOK to end with The whole Red Lotus vs Korra ordeal? No, absolutely not! Basically the overall story told in LOK would be dramatically altered, especially if I truly had it my way and there was a Book 4 of ATLA created. Although there are definitely some significant moments/messages in LOK I would be sure to include in this “new LOK story”.
- Oh and random opinion, but I would’ve kept Uncle Bumi a non-bender. I actually liked the fact that Aang and Katara had a kid who couldn’t bend. Hate me if you must.
So, yeah, just to name a few. I know this is pretty vague and sloppy but there is really no point in going into great detail. The shows are done, nothing can be changed now and the comics won’t be able to “fix” or change much either. It is what it is. Don’t get me wrong though, I still love the Avatar universe.