Does Ryan Ross hate his fans?
So in response to an ask I got, I thought I’d make a detailed post
First of all I want to stress the fact that Ryan Ross is a shy, awkward guy. Naturally, people tend to compare him to Brendon. But while Brendon is excitable and wild, Ryan’s quiet and introverted. That’s not a bad thing, it’s just their personalities.
Post split, a fan sent him flowers on his birthday. When she met him after a TYV concert and asked him if he got them:
His reaction when a fan gave him a gift basket:
LJ era excerpts showing how he appreciates fans’ art even if they aren’t confident about it. More recently he’s also appreciated fan art on ig
An Afysco era discussion, basically the same topic
He’s always pretty polite and respectful
- Recently Z Berg talked about how he’s internet shy. So he’s not too active on social media.(x)
- Another very important point is that his ex manager, sh**e used to post nasty shit from Ryan’s accounts, posing as Ryan, which confused and hurt fans.(x)
Sometimes, his sarcasm can be misinterpreted, but trust me he’s just trying to be sassy
- Ryan used to feel bad about not being able to sign everyone’s stuff. Even after he’s been
musically inactiveI’ve never heard of him denying a fan a photo
- Ryan has said he doesn’t mind fans illegally downloading his music for free.
- That story about how he had so many stuffed toys in his bunk that he could barely fit but he didn’t want to throw them out cuz they were gifts from fans.
- He gives good hugs??? jfgjkfkl
In conclusion, my boy is just shy, he’s said it millions of times. But it doesn’t mean he doesn’t appreciate his fans. I’m pretty sure he understands us pretty well.