So I have this headcanon...
- Draco and Narcissa are in house arest in the Tonks house after the war, because the Manor was taken over by the Ministry and Andromeda offers so.
- Draco is hesitant at the begining, but fast gets really atached to Teddy.
- Harry is over all the time because of Teddy and he and Draco started to be civil towards each other.
- Draco is there 24/7, so he takes to himself to take care of Teddy, and Andromeda let him, because after all, she needs a break after everything she lost and parenting a baby in her age and state is too much.
- Harry is in auror training and gets called all the time for war memorials and stuff, so he pretty much visit only on weekends.
- Draco and baby Teddy are really close, Draco sleeps in the nursery and all. Andromeda gets to be more of a grandmother than a mother, and she is gratefull for that. She even feels better that she doesn’t have to fuss and worry about Teddy, and gets to spoils him, as Draco worry and fussy enough for both.
- As Teddy gets older, he starts to spend the weekends with Harry.
- Teddy is 4 when Andromeda decides he should socialize with more kids and puts him in daycare for magical kids.
- Draco pouts for the whole first week, but Teddy is thrilled.
- He gets home onde day and asks Andromeda if a kid can have more than one mommy. She is suprised and asks him why, and he tells her that there’s a girl in daycare that has two mommys. She than explains to him that there’s diferent kinds of love and diferent kinds of families, with one or two mothers or fathers, or both, and a lot more. “Our family, for exemple, honey. It is grandma, Aunt Cissy, Draco and Harry.” She explains. And Teddy seens to understand.
- Teddy is 5 when the Malfoys get out of house arest and Andromeda decides she and Narcissa need both a air change and decides Teddy is old enough for them to go visit for a while a once removed Aunt on France.
- Draco is nervous at first that he gets to be alone with Teddy, but really, Potter is there all the time and still gets Teddy on the weekends, so he soon gets used to it, and even misses Teddy terribly when Harry gets him.
- They are 2 weeks into it when Teddy asks Draco, out of the blue, if he is his daddy. Draco frozes for a moment and tells him that Remus Lupin was his dad, but Teddy takes a much Draco-like exasperated look and explains to him that his Grandma had told him that some kids have more than one Daddy, and that in his teacher have told them that fathers was the ones who took care of the kids, put them to sleep, and made them eat vegetables and shower, and made them feel save and loved, and that Draco did all of that.
- Draco is really taken aback, but he reconizes he does all that, and Teddy, really satisfied with himself, asks Draco if he can call him Daddy. The blond says they have to talk with his Grandma before, and they quikly write Andromeda. She sends back a howler, saying Teddy is very much right.
- That’s how Draco Malfoy becomes Teddy Lupin’s Daddy.
(Hold on, there’s part 2)