Okay so let me share with you all some quality high school trends from my days in high school because boy were we a bunch of sass masters
These all took place from 2007 -2012 because I went to a weird fusion school that lumped every grade from 7th to 12th together ( that means we had thirteen year olds up to 18-19 year olds in the same school )
Anyway let’s go
7th Grade( I was a smol 13 year old)
First off there were like 30 kids in each class okay?
- Pencils as hair decor ???? Why????
- Swiping needles from Home Ec and sticking them in your finger JUST under the surface of the skin to freak out the teach
- Referring to lunch as ’ the troph special’
-Girls sending guys Valentine’s that just said ’ U R No Good ’ and ’ Allen Ur Not In My League ’
- Guys sending girls tiny stuffed animals for V Day with cards that said ’ I’m Soft For U’ and ’ Be My Plush One?’
- Claiming various things had ’ killed our ancestors ’ :
’ I can’t do long division , my thirty seventh great grandfather died doing that’
’ No I can’t answer that question sir, every male in my family so far has died answering English questions ’
’ I’m not allowed to be disciplined , discipline killed my grandma’
- Wearing rubber bands as bracelets or rings and the tighter you could get it the cooler you were ???? This kid almost lost a finger by third period I mean …..
-Asking our biology teacher what would happen if insects could speak every class period
’ What if wasps could speak but they only spoke Mid-6th Century English ’
’ What if spiders all speak Russian’
’ Do you think bees know English ’
- Pestering our history teacher for the history of the Leaf Village ( I’m sorry Mr. Hoagland )
- Replying ’ Deleted’ when your name was called
….. I accidentally started this one
8th grade ( I was 14 )
- Rap battles to settle arguments ????
- Yoyo fights. It got intense.
-Every white boy in school dressed like a bad Western movie character , cowboy hats and spurs and SO.MUCH.PLAID.
- ’ The Dew Crew’, a gang of boys who drank nothing but Mountain Dew as refreshment , was born and monopolized the school’s soda supply of Mountain Dew . All of them made it to adulthood but it is suspected they no longer require sleep and eat only the disdainful glares of women for survival ( at their peak there were 15 of them )
- Intense shouting of someone else’s name every time something went wrong ( usually the name Sasuke )
- Pentagrams everywhere ; drawn on any surface we could find unsupervised for a second , started by me doodling in art class and picked up by my squad . The school board thought someone was possessed by the devil it was GREAT…. I NEVER GOT CAUGHT
- In Chemistry we watched Finding Nemo about 3 times a week because the teacher was really forgetful and he let us watch it when he forgot his lesson plan , so by the end of the first month that year every kid he taught would call various roundish objects ’ the butt’ and I was nicknamed’ Dory ’ by everyone I knew
Also the principal was nicknamed’ Bruce"
-Hardcore Zombie prep planning , there was a gang and everything .
The Apoca-Punks are still strong
- Disney discourse in English class because our teacher was a huge nerd for Disney and loved nothing more than to watch us argue over which princess would beat Gaston in a fight faster ( Kida won by a landslide but we all agreed Mulan would murder him in five seconds flat )
Also he nicknamed all of us after Disney characters and I was Lilo ( my best friend was Stitch )
- Okay so I brought a bag of chocolate as a treat for the class one week and I was really tired and out of it so when the teacher ( our English teacher Mr . Bagley, who was also the principal) asked me to ’ explain the historical properties of chocolate’ I got sarcastic and went ’ For many years chocolate has been used in medicinal treatments for ailments of all kinds. Perhaps it will even cure the lack of hair on Mr . B’s head’ ……
For a second it was dead silent and then he laughed and said “Well put , you continue to live up to your nickname, Lilo!”
- Shakespeare quotes at inopportune times
“ Exit, pursued by a bear”
“ We are in the middle of a test , Austin. ”
“ A rose , by any other name , would smell-”
“ DO NOT ENCOURAGE HIM INDI”
- The drama kids dramatically snapping during arguments
- Okay so there was this weird loft zone in the second gym( because our school had two , a sucktastic old one from the fifties and a newish one from the eighties ) nobody was supposed to go up there unless they had permission and it was for filming a basketball game ???
But everyone went up there anyway and at least ten couples lost their virginity up there ( what a weird place to do it tho , we kept the wrestling mats up there)
I sluffed class a few times and took a nap there
And it became a Thing to draw a little baby face on the wall if you lost your V card there
-Supergluing coins to stuff????
There’s still a dime on someone’s locker and it’s been like ten years
-’ Ambrosia’ , AKA this super delicious combo of cherry slurpee , Sprite, and orange Fanta that our English teacher made us during parties . He literally made it in these huge plastic bins and just ladeled it out to everyone
9th Grade( I was 15)
- The Goth Invasion
Everyone who was punk enough wore black ripped jeans and eyeliner and streaked their hair with red and black
One kid never left the Goth phase , we love u Scott ( it’s cool he was our school’s Warren Peace anyway )
- AFTER A SCHOOL ASSEMBLY VIEWING OF SKY HIGH FOR HALLOWEEN MY CLASSMATE SCOTT WAS NICKNAMED WARREN BY THE ENTIRE SCHOOL
He was really salty about it too , he said “ Warren isn’t goth he’s Punk there’s a difference you capitalist Bible thumpers’
Scott got 54 Valentine’s that year but just shrugged and gave his candy to me and my squad because we were , as he put it ’ the only punk crew in class, plus you’re all really cute ’
He never kept a girlfriend very long but he was the nicest guy you’ve ever seen ( everyone thought he was gay but just too shy to say it )
Over the years he is consistly hotter , and more unashamedly Goth
- My sister arrived in school and was immediately the most popular kid in school and was nicknamed ’ Princess ’
- My squad got nicknamed ’ Squad 7 ” due to our obsession with Naruto and other anime , and we each were nicknamed after characters from the show by my friend Indi ( who was named after Indiana Jones, no lie)
Melanie was ’ Kiba’ ( which delighted her because she would marry him in a heartbeat )
Mackenzie was ’ Neji’ because according to Indi she was the most monologue-y
Chandra was ’ Hinata’ because she was shy but fierce
And I, Aubrey , was ’ Gaara’ because according to Indi :’ Your dad is kinda sucky and you’ve got two siblings . You’re sort of the social outcast of school and when you get annoyed enough it’s like you’ve got this terrifying supernatural thing in your eyes , I love it ’
I LOVE THAT NICKNAME
10th Grade( I’m 16)
- ’ Because I’m Batman ’ being an answer to every question
- Goonies puns
- Three girls got pregnant and were called the ’ Baby On Board Squad"
- Due to this teen pregnancy scandal , my heavily Christian community had our school hold assemblies about how ’ Sex will kill you’ and how ’ every time a teen has Sex Thoughts, an angel cries’ ….. There were ’ God Is Abstintent ’ posters everywhere
So naturally we revolted and the drama class put up these fliers reading ’ Without Sex, You Wouldn’t Be Around . ’
’ Satan Loves You and Wants You To Explore Your Perfectly Normal Urges ’
’ Sex Won’t Kill You- But STD’s Could! Use Protection! ’
’ Wrap It Before He Taps It And The Angels Won’t Be Crying “
” Boys Like Girls.Boys Think Of Girls In Sexual Ways. Boys Best Treat Her Right First . Boys Best Be Stepping Up As Baby Daddys If They Tap Dat “
And many more golden rebellious posters
- Shouting ” Go Go Power Rangers “ when dealing with a problem and just out of nowhere any kid wearing the appropriate Power Ranger colored shirt would appear
So you’d get a guy in red , a guy in blue , a guy in black , a guy in white , a guy in green , a guy in gold , a guy in silver, a girl in pink and a girl in yellow and they’d all pose dramatically and do the Power Rangers moves
- Rubber band slingshot warfare using hairpins as ammo
- The school dividing into Benders and Non Benders , and the school’s most loved outcast was deemed Avatar( I got the honor so my squad was nicknamed accordingly )
- High School Musical was the biggest thing ever because our music teacher WROTE THE SCORES FOR THEM I MEAN…….
We all knew every song by heart that year
Everyone shipped Chad and Ryan
11th Grade( I was 17 )
-Percy Jackson was huge and everyone wanted a godly parent
- Every girl used a dramatic break up song to end things with her man it was GLORIOUS
- Taylor Swift was playing on the radio every day
- My class finally realized that my friend Courtney and I had the same exact birthday and birth year , and thus introduced us to substitute teachers as ’ The Fraternal Twins’
Courtney and I are both gonna be 23 on March 20 at 6:40 am
- Our history teacher thought my friends and I were in an assassin cult because we were always drawing kunai knives and swords and guns , so he banned kunai drawing????? And it thus became the Cool Thing to graffiti everywhere??? All because I drew one on my ASVAB????
-The sheriff pulled me out of homeroom because I’d been overheard singing P!nk’s ” Funhouse" and the Secretary thought I was an arsonist because of the line “ I’m gonna burn this sucker down ” and thus rumors spread like wildfire that I’d:
~ Murdered someone
~ Witnessed a crime
~ Started a gang war
~ Shot a cop
~ Robbed the one gas station in town
~ Insulted the sheriff’s daughter by not inviting her to my birthday party so he was here to bribe me to do so
~ Stolen the sheriff’s prized collection of horse paintings
12th Grade ( I was 18 )
- Posters everywhere about the world ending ( it was 2012)
- Harry Potter mania
- John Lennon Memes????
No really on the anniversary of his death the school was flooded with posters of him everywhere saying “ In Loving Memory Of A Dreamer ” and the radio only played his music and the drama class went around stating facts about his death it was surreal and I was part of it
The Spartans are generally regarded as the one of the greatest warrior societies in history. The soldiers who made up the Spartan ranks were perhaps the toughest ever, with grueling military training that started at childhood. However while toughness is an advantage, it is often unreliable unless tempered with smarts and intelligence. Take Navy Seals, for example, generally regarded as among the most badass soldiers today. Many don’t know that they are also among the most intelligent soldiers. They have to learn an incredible number of things, like math, science, navigation, medicine, electronics, technology, parachuting, diving, combat tactics, etc. etc. etc., and often learn it in a short amount of time. The same is true with most other elite special forces in other military branches and other countries. Back during peashooter’s teaching days, he once had a student who was a strapping young lad, very athletic and very tough, who wanted to be a Navy Seal. Physically he had a chance of achieving his goals, but he never applied himself academically. Mr. Peashooter had to break it to him that if he didn’t have high grades, score high in standardize testing, and most importantly score high in the ASVAB (military testing), it would be highly unlikely he would even be considered for training.
After the Peloponnesian War Sparta came to dominate Greece. Many in Greek city states hailed the Spartans as liberators, seeing the former Athenian rulers as corrupt tyrants. However, Greece soon learned that the new boss was no better than the old boss, as the Spartans soon brought Greece in line with an iron fist. One Greek city state called Thebes was so resentful of Spartan rule that it revolted against Sparta in 387 BC, thus declaring itself independent and instituting a new democratic government. A six year long war ensued, and amazingly the Thebans were able to hold the line against the Spartans by conducting brilliant raids, surprise attacks, and through the construction of large fortifications (Spartans were not good at siege warfare).
By 371 BC the Theban Army was manned by a group of tough and experienced soldiers. More importantly, they were led by the brilliant Theban general named Epaminondas, a man who was an expert at solving problems by thinking outside of the box. On that same year, the Spartans organized a grand army of Spartan soldiers and other Greek Allies with the intent of ending the rebellion once and for all. The army number around 10,000 with another 1,000 cavalry. In contrast, the Theban Army only numbered around 6,000 - 8,000. It was obvious to Epaminodas that victory could not be achieved through brute force alone. Thus, he came up with a grand idea that would bring the mighty Spartan Empire to its knees.
In ancient Greek warfare, phalanxes met opposite of each other in straight lines, with roughly equal columns and ranks (if possible). It was a traditional honor that the best soldiers were placed on the right wing, thus the veterans had the privilege of slaughtering the less experienced. Epaminodas’ goal wasn’t to satisfy honor, he was in it to win. Instead of placing his best to the right, he placed them on the left flank so that his best would face their best. He then placed more units on his left, so that in all the left flank was fifty ranks deep, and also placed all his cavalry on the left. Traditionally, Greek armies engaged all at once, smashing into each other until once side was victorious and the other broke and ran. Instead of straight lines, Epaminodas attacked with his army staggered in echelon formation, thus making his left the spearhead of the attack in a flanking maneuver. While such tactics were new and revolutionary at the time, they would become a staple of future warfare, with generals such as Alexander the Great, Frederick the Great, and Napoleon Bonaparte using similar formations to win epic battles.
When the battle commenced, the Theban left flank, comprising of 50 rank deep column, smashed against the opposing Spartan right flank, which was only 8-12 ranks deep. Overpowered by the massive assault, the Spartans immediately lost 1,000 of their best soldiers, as well as their king, Cleombrotus I. The other Greek allies, most of whom were slaves or unwilling participants, turned tail and ran at the sight of the mighty Spartans being butchered, and their right flank being turned. Those Spartans and Greeks who stood their ground were surrounded and massacred.
The Battle of Leuctra was the first time the Spartans were defeated in an open battlefield. Once news spread across Greece that the Spartans had been defeated the city states rose up in revolt. More importantly, the helots, Spartan slaves who were the backbone of the Spartan economy, likewise rose up and rebelled against Sparta. In the end, Sparta was forced to sue for peace, and would lose its status as a major power in Greece as the city state entered a brutal and sad decline. As decades proceeded Greek and Macedonian leaders such as Philip II, Alexander the Great, and King Pyhrrus would develop even smarter and better tactics. In the meantime, Spartan warfare would never change, and thus Spartan ways become quaint and dated. By the time of the Punic Wars, Spartan technology and tactics were laughable at best. Spartan independence ended in 192 BC when it was annexed by the Aechaen League, and in 146 BC when it was conquered by Rome.
Any advice for those considering to be a future US Marine?
Go to a local recruiting office and talk to them. They themselves are Marines so they will give you the answers to your questions. Join in on a couple of PTs they have as a guest and see if you like it. Do some research on active duty and reserves and see which one best suits you. Try doing an IST (initial strength test) on your own and see what you get. Time yourself on the mile and a half, how many sit ups (YouTube how to do a marine sit-up ) you can do in 2 minutes, and how many pull-ups you can do (start at a dead hang and get your chin all the way across the bar) if you can’t do any pull ups then time yourself for 2 minutes on how many push ups you can do. if you are really interested talk to the recruiter and they’ll have you take an the asvab. (If you’re serious from the jump start studying on the asvab ASAP. It helps.) from there you’ll go to MEPS, which is a 10-15 hour processing you HAVE to go through and you can either swear in or wait until later. If you’re thinking about it just start getting involved in it and talk to someone I.e a recruiter. , if you like it and the workouts then sign up.
HEY GUYS! So I’ve been seeing How-To guides for different kinds of characters but I haven’t seen any on MILITARY personnel. So I figured I would expand my knowledge of the US Military (mostly the US Navy) since I am an enlisted petty officer in the USN. I’m gonna try to explain this in the simplest way.
So here is a guide on how to play an ENLISTEDUnited States Military service member. If you have questions about OFFICER members of the US Military, feel free to ask and I’ll make one for them.
First of all let me start by saying THE LAST SHIP and BATTLESHIP are not at all accurate portrayals of how the Navy works. #petpeeve of us sailors. I don’t watch a lot of other military shows, but I’m sure they’d say the same.
Meet the Gunner’s Mate, expert in all things surrounding the world of firearms and their maintenance, nonlethal weapons, force protection and anti-terrorism operations.
Enlisted Sailors earn this rating after completing Gunner’s Mate “A” School training. You can also “strike” for the rating by showing competence in the field of ordnance, or “cross rate” if your ASVAB score is high enough.