hi! lemme clear a few things up:
1. Astrology exists whether we choose to believe in it or not :) Me choosing to read a hilariously inaccurate magazine horoscope by an inexperienced astrologer does not give it power over my life and choices!
2. Everybody, and I mean everybody, recognises astrology for what it is… not a science.
3. Where do you think astronomy came from? You know, one of your most cherished ‘real sciences’. Do you know what astronomy means? Law/culture of the stars. You know what astrology means? Study of the stars. Astrology was the accepted name for the branch of study observing and recording the movement of celestial bodies and constellations before mainstream science was even a thing. Sit back down, anon.
4. There is nothing wrong with belonging to a neo-pagan or earth-based religion. Much like there is nothing wrong in actively believing in nothing. Please find acceptance within yourself for all belief systems before someone meaner than me beats it into you. Which brings me to point number five:
5. PEOPLE WHO STUDY ASTROLOGY DO NOT NECESSARILY BELONG TO ITS ASSOCIATED RELIGIONS. Kind of like how people who practice witchcraft aren’t necessarily Wiccan, pagan, shamanic or satanic. Generalisation only proves how little you know about the things you slam online.
6. So what if, at the end of the day, it isn’t real? The entire foundation of science is understanding that everything we know may not be entirely true and finding ways to prove or disprove our ideas. This said, did you not just say astrology is not a ‘real science’? Hm? So why are you treating it like one? If it is not a science, you shouldn’t try so hard to prove it with scientific methods.
7. The way I see it, astrology is one thing - beautiful. There are dualities, triplicities, quadriplicities; all working together in perfectly synchronised harmony to form a plethora, an absolute harvest, of what - of coincidences? Even so - even if everything we know about it is wrong - what harm is there in learning for the love of what is being learned? Is that not beautiful?
Educate yourself. Here are some of my favourites:
thenatalchart sun-in-gemini astrolocherry dark-astrology adoreastrology geminidualityisabitch geminian-perspective geminiastrology funkstrology fauxastrology astrologymarina zodiaccity zodiacspot sassyastrology astrologyexplained astrologysecrets pastelastrology dopeastrology radstrology humanstrology cactustrologist astro-meg sagittarius-the-archer astrophilosophy gothstrology eatprayzodiac bossyplanets twinkly-asstrology zodiacchic