new moon banishing ritual
a ritual to banish negative people and influences from your life, using the energy of your favorite/dominant planet
During a new moon, the Earth and the Sun are separated by our dusty little satellite. The Moon rises and sets with the Sun, bright face turned away from us, giving us time to reflect and rid ourselves of baggage before setting out on our new endeavors come the first sliver of the waxing crescent.
The new moon is a time of darkness and an excellent occasion for ridding yourself of those darker influences in your life. Using the energy of your dominant/favorite planet, this new moon ritual can help liberate you from the shackles of your fears, bad habits, or negative people in your life.
What You’ll Need:
- A black candle for banishing
- A candle, crystal, or some other token to represent your planet of choice
- Time for visualization
- Optional: planetary tea blend
- Beneath the night sky or in a dark room, light your black candle.
- If you’ve chosen a candle to represent your planet, light it. If you’ve chosen a crystal or something else, hold it in your hands. Say these words:
Oh [planet], give me the power
to clear my life of these troubles.
Like you, I want to clear my orbital path
And turn each obstacle to rubble.
- Close your eyes and visualize yourself as your planet of choice. It’s early in the solar system’s formation. Asteroids, planetoids, and other chunks of rock soar chaotically throughout the solar system. Some are orbiting in your path.
- Examine the obstacles in front of you. How many are there? How big are they? Most importantly, what do they represent? Picture each negative influence in your life as a chunk of rock floating along the orbital path of your planet.
- Feel your planetary body hurtling through space. You’re so much larger and stronger than these obstacles in front of you. As you approach each one, notice how you bring about its destruction. Does it collide with you and crumble into dust? Maybe your gravity flings it out of your path and out of the solar system, never to be seen again. Is it small enough to capture and become one of your satellites, benefitting you rather than harming you? Does it surpass your Roche limit (the closest a satellite can approach without being pulled apart by the planet’s gravitational field) and explode? If you’re a ringed planet, maybe the little bits of dust begin to orbit you and create your ring.
- When all of your obstacles have been destroyed, take a journey around the Sun. Nothing stands in the way of your orbital path. Perhaps now you know how to banish your real-life obstacles, or at least you have the strength to face them head on.
- Blow out your candle(s). Drink a planetary tea blend or perform any other ritual that will help fill up the spaces where the banished negativity used to reside. The next time you’re forced to face those fears, remember those moments you spent as a giant of the sky, and that you have the power to conquer any negative obstacle in your life.