Reasons to be happy today:
- The Waynes are the world’s most competitive family, and they bet on everything. Literally everything. The average bet is low– it’s really the same thirty bucks in singles changing hands– but there are no limits to what those kids will do for $3 and Honor
- “I bet you can’t eat this pie in one sitting” “I bet you don’t know all the lyrics” “I bet I can make Bruce quote the History of Japan video at a board meeting” “No way” “Watch me” (Tim won with the line “how ‘bout I do anyway,” which Bruce didn’t know was a quote, having heard it from Tim and Stephanie, not the video.)
- Alfred plays with them. Bruce plays sometimes, but his participation causes Bet Inflation, because he wagers higher-than-appropriate sums. The children are no longer allowed to bet in the kitchen after assorted food-poisoning related incidents.
- Every time Tim gets a new safehouse, Damian has food delivered to the address, just to prove he knows where it is.
- “Hi are you Red Robin?” “Yeah” “I have your pizza” “Damian for the love of god I was on stakeout” Bruce won’t interfere because Damian claims he’s just being nice and buying Tim dinner
- A well-circulated highlight reel of the Wayne family in front of the press, including three eye rolls, five camera stares, two counts of exasperated eye contact, assorted bickering, the time Dick drained an entire wineglass in response to a political speech, and the time Tim and Damian started arguing– and Bruce handed a very smug Cass a one hundred dollar bill in the background.