So I kind of went through your entire fic rec tag?? Do you have any more recs, by any chance?
do i ever!! here are some of my recent kudos/bookmarked/faved fics:
- Buy Me A Coffee by going_slightly_mads (T, ~4,500): Bucky works at Café Plum, where strangers can buy online coffees to just about anyone. When a Greek god named Steve Rogers shows up one day and then disappears before even giving him his phone number, Bucky has only one solution: buy him a coffee online to get him to come back.
- Call Me Maybe by cleo4u2, xantissa (E, ~23,000): What’s a guy to do when he gets a wrong number? Flirt back, of course!
- Keep on Living by worrisomeme (T, ~2,500):
based on the prompt “Our families are having funeral visitations at the same time and we’re both hanging around outside because we can’t deal.”
- Pretty Pleasures by Chiyume (E, ~16,700):
Bucky was just looking for some paint! That’s all he came over for. How the hell was he supposed to know that Steve kept things like…like that in his art cabinet? And to make matters even worse, Steve just walked through the door and caught Bucky red-handed with his hands all over the darn things. And he does not look happy…
- Things We’d Held in Secret by Dira Sudis (E, ~11,000):
Steve and Bucky were trapped together behind enemy lines in 1944. Bucky was badly injured, and for days Steve fed him the only way he could with no supplies on hand but a sharp knife. Bucky didn’t understand what was happening at the time, and afterward there was never a good time to tell him–but now that Steve knows what he really did for Bucky, the secret is going to have to come out.
- Home Is Where You Are (Farmer ‘verse) by charlesdk (M, ~62,000):
The story of Steve Rogers, a former army captain and current farmer, and Bucky Barnes, a former brainwashed assassin for Hydra currently recovering and finding himself again.
- tattoo your last bruise by ftmsteverogers (E, ~9,300):
“If you wanted, you could share the bed again,” Steve said, still studiously looking at the wall directly in front of him. “We used to do it all the time, before. It isn’t weird. Not for me, anyway.”
- never let me down again by belovedmuerto (T, ~4,600): He wakes up alone, in his own bed. In his own house.
- And Make Believe It Came from You by Sproings (G, ~2,500): Dear Bucky, I miss you.I see you every day, and I wave at you, and you wave back, and we smile, and I miss you.
- Cinder and Smoke by littleblackfox (E, ~51,700): “They say there’s no law in Parasapa. Is that true?”
- A Soft Blur by agetwellcard (E, ~28,000): After recovering from his time in the army, Bucky is a successful photographer who is trying to forget his past. Two weeks after Steve’s return, he accidentally spills his champagne on Bucky at a charity event. It brings them together at a time when the two of them need each other the most.
- Biological Imperative by stuckytrash (E, ~121,000): In which Bucky wants to have Steve’s baby, and Steve is a very concerned dad-to-be.
and some of my subscribed/kudos/bookmarked/faved wips:
- Sugar Sweet by ColorCoated (E, ~100,000):
College Student Bucky finds himself immediately attracted to Steve. He knows that Steve’s a bit older than him, and that Steve himself is put off by the age difference… But that doesn’t stop Bucky from wanting to climb him like a tree.
- Fan the Flame by Avaaricious (M, ~168,000):
AKA the “I thought you were a dude-bro and meant to swipe left on Tinder but I slipped. We matched and now I’m stuck talking to you” AU
- Pickup by Slenderlock (E, ~31,900): He’s shorter than Steve by a long shot, standing alone on the side of the road. His eyes cut through the darkness, staring directly up at Steve. He can’t be older than twenty. And he’s holding a thumb out. Steve makes a split-second decision and slams his foot on the brake.
- Dishonor On Your Cow by mandarou (E, ~93,000):
“Geez, Buck, what’d you do to Captain America? Fuck his sister?”
- Hands of Clay by Mhalachai (M, ~304,700):
James Barnes leads a busy life as a single working father in New York. But when his childhood best friend Steve Rogers falls back into his life, James will have to re-learn what love, friendship and and family are really all about.
- Put A Little Sugar In My Bowl by die_traumerei (E, ~12,700):
Steve’s not doing bad. Not great, but he’s at least a mostly-not-starving artist. And then he meets Bucky Barnes.