1 & 15
if someone wanted to really understand you, what would they read, watch, and listen to? You should read Frankenstein, watch Jane Eyre (2011), and listen to Chopin’s Nocturne in E-Flat Major Op.9, no.2 or Jeff Buckley’s cover of I Know It’s Over!
15. five most influential books over your lifetime.
- Frankenstein - Mary Shelley (reading this at 16 inspired me to teach!!)
- Hamlet - W. Shakespeare (sparked my love of willy shakes!!)
- The Goldfinch - Donna Tartt (this book is Peak Writing Goals)
- Island of the Blue Dolphins - Scott O’Dell (my fave book as a little kid)
- The Iliad - Homer (this book really cemented the idea that stories are immensely and timelessly important!)