OK CONCERNING THE WHOLE HEADCANON THING IM WRITING THAT PPL KEEP ASKING ME ABT, i was talking to @chompiee abt a ~love confession~ and then @cryptidsp00n abt the aftermath of said confession concerning them kissing
Soup your art has such life to it, can i get advice on drawing, my art looks to dead. Your have nice lines in your drawings very soft, what do you use?
im not sure what you mean by life? :’o sorry
generally what i always say to people is to try and use the line of action to get your poses more lifelike, and for the lines try practicing with quick single strokes instead of several rough sketchy lines
also personally i use a lot of curves^ but im not sure if thats what u meant
dave ubercharge’s really good meme baking tutorial
i serve the people.
i usually use paint, photoshop cs6, and paint tool sai, but you can do this on just ps. the reason i also use sai is to speed up the ‘saving as jpeg multiple times’ thing, and i think sai’s low quality jpeg is lower quality than ps’. without further ado:
1. pick the text. this is the most important step, of course. for this tutorial, i will be using the text ‘my nipples are fucking frozen’. i said this in a competitive match once when i was very cold. we still won.
2. pick a relevant image to use as the background. you can also use a solid colour or whatever else you want, but i think images are funnier. i’m gonna use a picture of a blizzard from google images (filtered ‘labelled for reuse with modification’).
3. apply the text to the image. i do this on paint because i’m fucking lazy and the kinda but kinda not anti-aliased text edges are funny to me. you can do this on photoshop. i use large size (large being relative to the image) bolded and italicized arial.
i gave myself a bit more canvas space for the next step.
4. apply the same text on top in a darker/lighter colour. i like putting it to the upper left of the original text. with ps, you can just fiddle around with the 2nd text layer to get it in the right position. with paint, you might have to try wiggling the text box a few times. it’s a waste of time compared to ps but for me, it’s just a part of the process making the end product funnier.
make sure your text is visible on top of the image! if it’s not, no biggie, use the fill bucket or just try different colours.
5. apply an overlay on top if desired. red is funny, but it doesn’t really work with what i want on this specific image, so i’m gonna use blue. it doesn’t really matter because the following steps are gonna ruin the colours anyway.
i used a light blue with linear burn. i saved it as a .jpeg after this.
remember to have lowest quality. even on this small version, you can see the start to the terrible things this image is going to endure!
6. here’s the fun part! you can mix these steps up, but i’ll just show how i more or less usually do it. go to filter > sharpen > smart sharpen. you can fiddle with the sliders and whatever.
save the image as a .jpeg again.
7. go to filter > blur > motion blur OR filter > blur > radial blur. motion blur is the diagonal (or up/down, or left/right) blur, radial blur has both the spinny and zoom blur. you can use more than one, if you want. since my abomination is already kind of annoying to read, i’m going to be light-handed with a spinny radial blur.
wow! that already looks pretty fucking bad, but we can go further:
8. go back to filter > sharpen > smart sharpen and apply that again. you can also do more overlays and blurring.
i decided to do all of that. here it is with another blue overlay, motion blur, and radial (zoom) blur.
i changed the sharpen settings before sharpening it again. do whatever you think looks good (or bad).
here’s the final image:
you can keep going, but i have stuff to do. some better baked images of mine:
i have a thing for 1. cropping the text weirdly and 2. red
other stuff you can do includes:
doing both (or 3+) text layers on paint with a white bg, then stretching it weirdly before pasting it on the image bg (transparent selection, 2ndary colour should be white)
using the fucking impact font for bad memes
using lens flare (funnier if you have eyes in the image)
stretching/distorting the image at any point
using other filters, ps has plenty. experiment!
the beauty of this is that if you make mistakes, you can just re-bake the image, apply more effects, and it probably makes the image funnier.
You probably weren’t expecting an essay length answer to this question. So like let there be no doubt at all from this point onwards this is exactly the kind of content you can legitimately expect from this blog. This is who I am. I’m sorry.
Also, you’re welcome.
Yes, Dirk is a furry. And his relationship to furries shows us a lot about his parallels and similarities to one Rose Lalonde. Who is also a furry.