A little progress shot of a piece I started before school consumed all of my free time. RIP me.
I feel like if you asked Draco why he’s so in love w Harry, he’d just silently show you this picture and you’d understand.
“Potter, what is that?” Draco asks with urgency, his chest
constricting in pain as he catches a glimpse of something dark coiling up Harry’s
Harry shoves his
sleeve down and jumps up to meet Draco, his wand clattering to the floor. “Nothing.
How did you find – “
“I don’t – “
“Show me. Now.” Draco
demands. He can’t believe this is happening. As if it isn’t horrible enough
seeing it on his own arm every day.
Harry pulls up his
sleeve slowly to reveal it – The Dark Mark – etched into his flesh. Draco holds
back a gag.
“It’s not what you
think,” Harry says.
Draco’s eyes dart
between the mark and Harry’s face. “It’s – how did – why?”
“I wanted to practice removing
it,” Harry says slowly, his meaning clear. It only makes Draco angrier.
“So you gave yourself a
Dark Mark? You reckless idiot. What if you can’t remove it? Did you even think
about that before you – “ Draco stops himself. Of course he didn’t. He’s Harry
fucking Potter. Draco sighs and tries to calm himself. He’s not responsible for
Harry’s idiotic antics. “How did you even manage to replicate it?” He asks, his
Harry smiles weakly. “Well,
a fragment of Voldemort’s soul was inside me for most of my life and his magic
left a pretty big trace. I just… accessed it.”
Once again Draco holds
back a gag. The thought of Voldemort’s magic, so dark, so cruel, inside of
Harry Potter, the Gryffindor Saint, is too much. It’s horrifying.
Draco takes a breath
and asks Harry the question he already knows the answer to: “Why do you need to
know how to remove a Dark Mark?” He needs to hear the idiot say it.
Sure enough: “So I can
Draco grits his teeth.
He’s furious that Harry has put himself in danger for him. Again. “You don’t
owe me anything, Potter.”
“I know,” Harry says. But
“You can’t just go
around saving people all the time!” Draco’s raised voice echoes throughout the
“Not everyone wants to be saved,” Draco points out. He
doesn’t want Harry risking anything for him. How could he ask that
of anyone, after all that he’s done?
“You don’t want the
mark removed?” Harry questions, his eyes falling down to Draco’s left arm.
Draco’s mark is
covered but he tugs on his sleeve regardless. “It reminds me of who I am.”
Harry frowns. “That’s exactly
why you need it removed. That’s not who you are, Draco.”
surprised at the use of his first name and Harry quickly corrects himself. “I
Draco lets his eyes
fall back down to Harry’s mark, taking in the harsh lines of the coiling snake
and skull, and the red raw skin beneath. He shudders. “Looks like you haven’t
had much success anyway,” he says as casually as he can manage. But inside, his
heart is tight. Because now Harry will have to live with the Dark Mark the rest
of his life. Just like Draco, he’ll be forced to carry the weight of the inescapable
dark magic within his skin, forced to feel it crawling through his veins,
through his every spell, with no relief and no hope of salvation.
“I’m getting close. Before
you came in, I could feel it moving.” Harry retrieves his wand from the floor
and points it at his Dark Mark, eyebrows tightening in concentration.
“Go on, then. No other
Wizard has been able to do it, but I’m sure even a Dark Mark will be no match
for the great Harry Pot – oh.” Draco’s knees buckle. “Oh.”
Against all logic,
Harry removes the Dark Mark as if it is nothing more than a muggle tattoo.
The head of the snake recoils into a rapidly shrinking skull until all that is
left is smooth, untainted skin.
Malfoy yanks up his
sleeve and holds out his arm to Harry. Despite all his protesting, he wants to
be saved. More than anything.
Harry’s hand wraps
under Draco’s arm holding it in place and he raises his wand. Draco screws up
his eyes in anticipation - he cannot bear to witness the removal in case it doesn’t
work properly. What if his Dark Mark is worse than Harry’s, having come from
Voldemort himself? What if – Oh.
Draco doesn’t need to
see it happen because he feels it. He feels the darkness extracted from his
body, feels strength returning to his limbs. And he feels light. Lighter than
he can ever remember. As if he might just float away. He opens his eyes and
stares down at his clear, unmarked skin.
There’s a sense of
twisted deja vu when Draco looks up from his arm. He remembers looking up into
Voldemort’s eyes after he was given the mark, and feeling colder than he’s ever
felt before. But now when he looks up into his saviour’s eyes, into Harry
Potter eyes, it’s warmth he feels, from the smooth skin on his forearm to the
centre of his heart.
He blinks back his
tears. “Thank you.” They’re the same words he was forced to say to Voldemort
but their meaning couldn’t be any more different this time. Voldemort had
stolen his life, and Harry Potter had just restored it.
- Omg people would totally
ship you two as the love/hate relationship and/or the sexual tension
- Cliche, but start off as
- If you played Quiddich
you would make it your top priority to always distract Draco
- Shameless teasing tho??
- “Hey Malfoy, nice ass”
- “You heard me!”
- Shameless catcalling
purposely in front of everyone including Snape and his friends
- But one day you are
genuinely upset and on the verge of tears but you, being stubborn, refuse to
cry in front of him
- “Didn’t you hear me?! Go
- Offers you a
handkerchief, an awkward hug, and sweets
- A messy, tear stained and
- “Since when did you go
- “I should be asking you
the same thing, (Last Name)
- So obviously you two are
pretty close friends now
- He can basically trust
you with anything so he comes to you when he has problems
- But both of you are
extremely stubborn so usually the other person will have to confront the other
about their notice in their change of attitude
- You having to confess
- He’d totally try to
confess but end up getting too nervous and backing away
- “Hey Malfoy, you be
interested in going to Hogsmeade this weekend?”
wouldn’t be asking me out, would you?”
-”Pffftttt as if????”
- You totally were asking
- He said yes in the most
teasing way with a signature smirk
- You were very proud of
your relationship because there was no denying Draco was just hot
- But like he was a
- If you were sick he would
always freak out and if he saw you were struggling in classes he would
discreetly leave you his study notes in the most unexpected ways like
“accidentally” mixing his 100% amazing notes up with your slightly pitiful ones
- And ugh he was just an
amazing partner to have???
- Not gonna lie you two
were already friends
- Like you would gang up on
people you shared a hatred for always
- Sometimes people would
even avoid you two in fear of being completely roasted™
- It was like “o shit here
they come rUN BITCH RUN N Y O O M”
- But no seriously you two
would diss whoever and whatever if they got on your nerves
- And obviously he would
ask you to the Yule Ball
-“You’re asking me,
-“Of course. Who else
would I ask? Parkinson?”
- And like whenever the two
of you would enter the ballroom all eyes would immediately just turn to you two
- Because lets face it, the
two of you could stop traffic
- You would both sneak off
after some stuff had died down in a dark and empty corridor
- The two of you would just
be chatting by a windowsill whenever out of nowhere he would just kiss you
- You were like talking
about class or something and he would just press his lips against yours
- And you just melted
- Because you could feel
how shaky and nervous he was
- But he was so gentle
- And omg you cuties
- Tbh no one is surprised when you enter the Great Hall hand in hand
- Blaise catcalls
- Pansy snarls
- Crabbe and Goyle don’t really care
- But you and Draco are too absorbed in the little world that has formed around you to notice
- The only reason he knew
you is because you were the person who always just happened to score one or two
points above him on every. single. assignment.
- Like he would be bragging
in class about his grades when the teacher would speak up like
-“Obviously I have the
best test scores in here but that’s not surprise—“
Malfoy, Miss (Name) (Last Name) scored just one point above you…! So you’re
- And he would just be
- And then he would
basically track you down and discreetly ask about studying techniques
- And you’d just be like
“So Mister “I scored one less point than someone” wants to hear about my
studying techniques? I don’t think so, Second Place.”
- He’d do an unintentional dramatic gasp
and like press an offended hand to his chest
- And you’d just walk away
with the most smug smirk ever
- After that incident he’d
badmouth you almost as much as he badmouthed Potter
- Because after doing some
“researching” (snooping) and learning more about you from observations and
sources he’d find out that you’re actually really intriguing
- And he might have had the
smallest, tiniest crush on you
- But he’d deny it of
-the little bastard
- But like he actually
finds the small things you do entertaining
- For example, he might
have ‘accidentally’ showed up at the library every day you did and just happen
to notice how you would play with your hair or doodle whenever you studied
- One day, he discreetly bumped into you
playing it off as he was too busy reading
- You decided not to tell
him that his book was upside down
-“Oh, watch where you’re
going… Anyways, if you’re here, mind helping me with this subject?”
-“Draco Malfoy? Asking for help? Who would have known?”
- But you did end up
- And after taking multiple
deep breaths, he finally got the courage to ask you out
- And you told him “maybe
if you can score higher than me on the next potions test”
-gUESS WHO STUDIED THEIR
- Tbh he had no idea who you were
- And honestly he didn’t even care
- But that all changed when this happened
- So you were focusing on anything other than him while walking down the hallway,
- And accidentally you bump into him
- All of your stuff falls to the ground
- And he just shoots you a nasty glare and continues walking
- You are simply picking up your things when you hear “Lousy Hufflepuffs. Can’t do anything. No wonder that Diggory died. As if a Hufflepuff is brave enough to enter that tournament and come out alive.”
- You stop dead in your tracks. “What did you just say..?”
- He turns back to you with a scoff
- You run up in front of him and get in his face. “What the hell did you just say?! Tell me!”
-”I said that all of you Hufflepuffs are weak and pathetic. Diggory never had what it took to enter the-”
- But he was cut off by a punch to the face. His nose was bleeding
-”Don’t you ever start saying shit like that when you, yourself, will never be better than Cedric! At his worst, he is still better than you at your best. Maybe you should think about this before speaking unless you want to be bloodied by a “lousy” Hufflepuff again.”
- He is left in sh o ck
- From then on, whenever he sees you his entire face goes red and he hides himself
- Because maybe your courage and great left hook made him form a crush
- He leaves a note on your desk which is from “your secret admirer” (cause he’s cheesy like that) telling you to meet him outside at night
- Your first reaction when you see him is not a positive one
- He explains that he only said that about Diggory is because he tries to look impressive in front of his friends (Which isn’t a lie) and that he sincerely apologizes and mourns for your House’s loss
- After some coaxing, he is forgiven
- You sit and chat for a while and you are pleasantly surprised when you find out he’s actually pretty cool
-At the end of the night, he asks you on a date
- And with a hesitant yet bright smile, you accept
So, I am supposed to be working on a chapter of a story and an angsty oneshot. But this fluffy drabble had to be written. It just had to. ——–
“Draco, we need to talk.” Lucius told his son firmly as he
and Narcissa walked into the room.
Go ahead.” Came the little three-year-old’s distracted voice.
rolled his eyes before stepping behind his son and peering down. “What in heaven’s
name is that?”
had Narcissa circling the table and looking at her son’s face. His tongue was
peeking out of his lips, eyes were narrowed in concentration while brows
were furrowed and he seemed to be drawing something
on a spare piece of parchment. She blinked uncertainly at the pure disaster of
scribbles that were everywhere. If it
wasn’t supposed to be a ball of rubbish, she honestly had no idea what her son
was attempting to draw.
Dobby. Can’t you tell?” Draco looked up with a wobbly lip and sad eyes as he
pointed across the room to the house elf. As if the thought of it not looking
like Dobby was a disaster.
over for the first time and noted that the elf was in an odd pose with an apple
balancing on his forehead.
arched brows, Dobby hurried to explain. “Master Draco asked Dobby to be his
that so?” Lucius drawled with a heavy sigh. “Draco, you can’t order Dobby to
play with you.”
was not Lucius’ strong suit. He looked to the ceiling briefly before shaking
his head. “We will have this conversation at a later date. There are more
important things to discuss.”
hummed a little before looking up with wide eyes. “Am I in twouble? If so,
Dobby did it.”
surprised noise emitted from the elf and Narcissa couldn’t help but laugh
lightly. “No, you aren’t in trouble and don’t blame Dobby for things he didn’t do.”
Draco apologized as he looked down at his hands.
Lucius corrected. For some reason, pronouncing R’s were hard for his son.
brows were pinched in confusion. “That’s what I said.”
you said—” Lucius paused as he decided to let it go. “Nevermind. What I have
been trying to tell you is that we
have come to discuss a pureblood tradition with you.”
had Draco’s expression souring. “No thanks.”
covered her mouth as she tried muffling her laughter. Salazar, she loved her
The hard tone of his voice had his son straightening up and giving him a
serious look. Finally.
you come of age, you will be drawn into a marriage contract. This is something
that most purebloods do and it is a standing tradition of the Malfoy family.”
Lucius shot is wife a look when she crossed her arms. He knew that she didn’t
agree and wanted Draco to find his own spouse but that wasn’t the plan.
blinked rapidly. “You want to run that by me again?”
asked me to mawwy him today! I said I would if he let me have his pudding. He
who pray tell is Hawwy?” Lucius shuddered at the pronunciation.
is my best fwriend. He has pwetty eyes and he said I do too! We are mawried.”
smirked at her husband. “You hear that? He’s already married. Looks like that
marriage contract is moot.”
you can’t possibly—”
stood up rapidly, holding out her hand for her son to take. “I can and I will. You
want to explain to your son why he can’t marry his best friend? Because if so,
you can deal with the aftermath.”
looked between them rapidly. “But…” His eyes filled with tears. “We alweady
mawried.” The sniffle he released had Lucius closing his eyes. “Tomorrow’s the
anni- anniver-” He scrunched up his nose as he looked to Narcissa for help.
She offered picking him up and holding him close.
nodded rapidly as he wiped his eyes. “Yes. I want to give him a gift.”
smiled softly. “How about we go see if we can have one of the house elves cook
him something. What kind of desserts does he like?”
watched his wife and son walk out of the room with a shake of his head. He
looked over and noticed that Dobby was still in the same awful pose. “Cease
that at once.”
the elf let out a noise of relief, Lucius rolled his eyes. “What are the
chances that I’ll get my way in the end?”
that Dobby couldn’t lie to him, so he was interested in hearing the response.
*pop* of the elf’s departure was heard and it had Lucius putting his face in
his hands. “That’s what I was afraid of.”
Malfoy looked up from his desk, quill poised over the parchment as his son hovered by the study door. Aware that he was frowning, Draco lifted his expression into something more neutral. He was vaguely aware of his own father always frowning whenever he’d tried to talk to him as a boy, and he didn’t want Scorpius to one day think the same about him.
“Come in, come in. Shut the door, you’ll let the heat out.”
The Greengrass estate was a crumbling ruin compared to Malfoy Manner, with only half the library and none of the artifacts Draco had spent the last few years archiving and putting safely away behind spelled glass. But for now it was home, chilly stone walls and all.
“Did you want something?”
“Yes.” Scorpius replied, pausing to tug at the hem of his dark shirt. There’s still a bruise under his eye, faded to be sure, but the mere presence of it made Draco’s heart skip a beat. When he’d seen Severus Potter crawling out of the rubble, face covered in blood and no sign of his own son, he’d known terror like no other.
And Draco Malfoy was intimately familiar with the machinations of terror. He’d been hugged by it once.
“Well,” he prompted, setting aside his work entirely and giving his full attention to his son. “What is it?”
“I want my friends to come visit.”
Draco blinked. Whatever he’d been expecting, it wasn’t that. “Your…friends?”
“Albus Potter and Rosie Granger-Weasley. I would like them to come stay.”
Draco blinked again. Later he’d laugh—somewhat despairingly into a decanter of fire brandy—at the absurdity of the notion that his boy, Scorpius Hyperion Malfoy, was best friends with a Potter and the hybrid off-spring of a Granger Weasley, but the threat of impeding hysterics was quelled under the defiant gaze of his son, narrow chin lifting at some unspoken challenge.
“I see. For how long?”
“A…a week…maybe two…They’re going to France for the Quiditch Cup Primaries…” he glanced down and Draco spied the curled up parchment hidden up his sleeve. “So it wouldn’t be for long.”
Draco glanced at his desk, to the fireplace, then back to his son. “I don’t…”
I want my friends…friends…how often had Astoria lamented his lack of playmates as a child, how often had she fretted that Scorpius’ only interaction had been with adults—or books, or enchanting his own toys for someone to play with. And how quickly had Scorpius’ face crumpled at the utterance of two simple syllables.
“…know if two weeks would be wise, given your mother’s health. She’s still recovering from the move. But I shall discuss it with her, and see what can be done.”
Scorpius stilled, the beaming smile on his face reigned in to something calmer, even now, not wanting to get his hopes up too much. “Thank you. For what it’s worth, we will be good.”
Draco snorted at that, remembering the last time a Malfoy, a Potter and a Granger and a Weasley had been together at their age. “Somehow I doubt it. Go on off you go, go see what your mother is up to. She’s enjoying having you home.”
“And I am enjoying being here,” Scorpius replied, in that curiously courteous and stiff way of speaking he’d always had, even as an infant learning his words. “I am happy to be here, with you, and mother.”
“I’m…very glad to hear it.” Draco replied, unsure what else he was supposed to say to such an open admission said so politely like one was discussing the weather. “Now go on, off you go, I need to finish this manuscript before I lose the thought.”
“You’ll talk to mother though, wont you?” Scorpius pressed from his space by the door. “You’ll ask…”
“Yes, yes.” Draco waved a hand, “I’ll ask if the Potter spawn can come stay with us. Just for a little bit. To say thank you for…everything.”
Reassured, Scorpius left, closing the door behind himself with a firm click.
Draco waited several more moments, counting to a hundred before opening up the top desk of his drawer and pulling out his correspondence folder, flipping through them until he found the appropriate manila envelope, writing the address of the Ministry Neatly to the front.
Clearing his throat politely, he composed himself, then tapped it to life with his wand.
“Hello Potter,” he spat with a vicious familiar glee, unable to keep from laughing, “I’m not sure which one of us is going to be more surprised by this turn of events, but I swear to gods if you break my son’s heart by saying no, I will personally send you a red Howler on the hour every hour till the day one of us dies. Now, about dates, the last week in June works well for us…”
I’m sure this has been done before, but I absolutely live for pansy/Harry friendship
- Pansy and Harry become friends even before Drarry happens
- it’s eighth year, and of course all the returning students are grouped in one big dorm because house unity and all that
- Harry can’t sleep. The nightmares are too much, and he doesn’t want to bother his roommate *cough*draco*cough* because he’s his ex-rival for merlin’s sake and that’s just /awkward/
- so he sits by the hearth in the common room, where everything is usually purple and gray but right now the fire is roaring and everything is bathed in a wonderful orange light
- and he doesn’t notice Parkinson sitting in the love seat to his left until she shifts and drawls out a scathing “well if it isn’t the boy who just won’t die”
- and of course Harry jumps, wand out and pointed at Pansy’s throat in half a second
- she stares at it and pushes it away in silence
- there’s the expected “nightmare?” “Yeah. You?” “Same as you, what do you expect” exchange then comfortable silence
- eventually they fall asleep where they are
- in the morning, pansy’s gone and Harry’s late for breakfast
- neither of them say anything about it, but she nevertheless slips him an extra hot coffee as she leaves the great hall
- it happens again that night
- this time, they talk about it
- “what’s it like to die?”
- he starts. He’s never told anyone about that. Ever.
- and that’s how he finds out that Pansy is a legilimens
- “why don’t you look for yourself?”
- “I’m not a barbarian, Potter”
- so he tells her. And she listens.
- she asks why he didn’t tell Weasley and Granger
- “they worry too much”
- and she gets it
- the next night, she tells him why she doesn’t boast about her legilimency
- “My Death Eater family loved to exploit it. When old Voldy came back, he forced me to use it to find out his victim’s fears and weaknesses. I was a puppet. I didn’t ask for that.”
- “None of us did.”
- they meet like this every night, when the nightmares are too much or the insomnia sets in
- she explains that sleeping was too much like passing out from Crucio
- He talks about how weird it feels since Draco started ignoring him
- they talk about Draco a lot
- “he wasn’t always that way. You should’ve seen him as a child, when his father would be away on business. I’d never met anyone more in love with life.”
- they don’t talk for the rest of that night
- he notices the slytherin Trio has mostly broken up
- Pansy, surprisingly, hangs out with Luna during the day
- Harry asks about it
- Pansy shrugs “she doesn’t dwell on the past”
- One day Hermione and Ron don’t show up for breakfast
- Pansy takes the seat next to Harry, “ she snuck into his room last night after you went to bed. Kicked Blaise out and everything.”
- They talk about life after hogwarts
- “you don’t want to be an auror anymore, then? Thought saving people gave you a hard on, Potty”
- he laughs for the first time in a long while
- “it gets boring after the first couple hundred times, I guess”
- “well, Mcgonagall obviously wants you for the DADA position”
- they walk together to herbology
- Draco gawks as they enter the greenhouse
- Pansy offers a small smile
- Draco turns away
- Harry sulks
- Ron and Hermione show up a minute later, Hermione blushing and Ron raising an eyebrow at Harry, but he doesn’t say anything when Pansy whispers something in Harry’s ear that makes him grin wide
- It’s the middle of the year, and Harry and Pansy have established a sort of routine
- they meet every night, sometimes to talk, sometimes to take walks around the castle, sometimes just to sit in each other’s presence until they fall asleep
- in the morning, whoever wakes first brings up two mugs from breakfast, if it’s Pansy she brings cocoa, while Harry brings coffee
- Harry asks why Pansy always wears extra layers, or uses far more blankets than normal
- he mentions that Malfoy does it, too
- “Draco never told you?” “I never asked”
- it’s a side effect of the Cruciatus and Imperio Curses
- Harry thinks he understands
- He pats her hand, and she wonders why he’s so warm
- he shrugs. He’s always been like that.
- maybe it’s because of his mother’s love, he jokes
- she just looks at him. “Perhaps you’re right about something for once, Potty.”
- the next morning, Draco wakes early to find them snuggled together in front of the dying embers, Pansy leaning into Harry, extra blankets discarded on the floor
- he can’t help the tight, smoldering feeling in his chest as he walks to breakfast
- it’s Saturday, so there’s no class, but Blaise still leaves a mug of coffee and a cup of cocoa on the coffee table in the common room for when they wake, warming charms cast to keep the drinks steaming
- when they wake up, it’s not awkward at all. Just comfortable.
- like sharing a bed with your sibling
- they enjoy their arrangement, and Pansy takes advantage of Harry’s warmth constantly
- eighth years are allowed to leave the grounds at any point, so long as they obey curfew
- Harry and Pansy visit Hogsmeade together shortly after Christmas break
- while out for lunch, they run into Draco
- Pansy invites him along
- Harry and Draco start talking and don’t stop
- Pansy is torn; she hates being a third wheel, but she thinks she ships the two more
- she excuses herself, claiming exhaustion, and finds a quaint book shop near the edge of the village
- There, she runs into a distressed Granger
- turns out, Granger broke it off with Weasley
- Pansy is surprisingly good at comforting others, and shares her unexpected love of books with Hermione
- but while Hermione adores nonfiction, Pansy reads fiction. Thus, a friendship grows
- their day at the book store marks the start of a new relationship
- she tells Harry about her impromptu date with hermione
- “on a first name basis now, are you? I feel betrayed.”
- “oh shut it, Potty.”
- she’s blushing and they both know it
- in retaliation, she asks about Draco, and now it’s Harry’s turn to bloom red
- when Harry asks Draco out in the Great Hall a few weeks later, Pansy stands and screams from the other end of the table “IT’S ABOUT FUCKING TIME YOU PINING PRICK”
- Harry and Draco both turn red, scurrying out of the hall, hand in hand
- Pansy high-fives Luna, who giggles the whole time
- Harry does the same thing when Hermione asks out Pansy, but instead he’s screaming “SAY YES ALREADY PANS, YOU BLOODY WUSS”
- Ron gazes at them sadly, but Blaise distracts him with a comforting hand on his lower back and offers some treacle tart
- Pansy and Harry’s nightly meetings start happening less and less, but they’re still closer than ever
- when Draco and Harry have their first fight, Pansy knows, cuddling with Harry in front of the fireplace like they used to
- Hermione is super understanding, bless her heart
- She still draws a mustache and monocle on Harry in revenge for stealing her girlfriend, though
- she wakes Draco early to see it
- He takes pictures of his exbutkindofstill-best friend and boyfriend cuddling
- he won’t admit it, but his heart melts just a little as they wake, untangling from each other, bleary eyes and bed heads
- Harry and Draco don’t fight as much after that (but neither of them mind so much on the mornings after they do because Harry and pansy’s friendship is so precious)
- drarry and pansmione have a double wedding
- Ron and Blaise are Best Men, Luna and Ginny Maids of Honor
- Harry gets the DADA job, but always floos home at the end of the day to be with Draco and the kids
-pansy works in hogsmeade, running the bookstore where she first comforted hermione, now minister of magic
- Draco is a wonderful homemaker, who works from home co-editing the Quibbler with Luna
- even after marriage and families, Pansy and Harry have slumber parties, just the two of them in the living room while Draco and hermione take the kids out
- they cuddle and talk about everything
- in the mornings, pansy always wakes first, since Harry is usually up late grading papers
- but now, she makes two coffees for Harry and hermione, a cocoa for her, and a tea for Draco
- Harry and Pansy still spend nights by the fire, but sometimes they’re joined by their spouses, Ron and Blaise, and Ginny and Luna
- Sometimes Pansy and Draco’s skin still turn to ice
- sometimes hermione and Harry still wake up in the middle of the night for no solid reason
- but they’re surrounded by the ones they love
- the war is over
- pansy’s legilimency fades with age, and she’s happy to only have to live in her own head for once
- Harry and Draco learn to be in love with life, and with each other
- Hermione and Ron are no longer a ‘what if’
- and while Draco’s scars never completely fade away, Harry assures him they make him even more beautiful
- While Pansy will never stop being cold, Hermione is there with cocoa and and blankets and her warm embrace
- while Harry and Hermione never eat as much as they used to, too accustomed to those days in that wretched tent, running from the enemy, starving in the forest, Draco and Pansy are there to hold them and kiss them and remind them that it’s better now. It’s okay now.
- and suddenly it wasn’t just Pansy and Harry with late night talks and cuddles on the couch
- it was everyone else, too
- it was warm, and safe, and home
- and it wasn’t perfect
- but it was good.
Why is Draco a sex symbol? I mean, don’t get me wrong, I love me some sex on legs Draco Malfoy, but in the books he’s described to be all lanky and pointy. Like, gimme some awkward, nerdy Draco Malfoy with glasses (but only when he’s reading in bed at night or just before exams when he’s too stressed to care bc Malfoys do not need glasses, Potter). Gimme some Draco Malfoy who took violin lessons growing up and fell completely in love with it and had to put silencing charms around his bed so the other Slytherins couldn’t hear him playing (they all thought he had a girl in there with him and he let them believe that bc he had a reputation). Gimme Draco Malfoy who did not fall asleep in History of Magic, but instead did extracurricular educational work (that he most certainly did NOT steal from the Restricted Section, shut up Potter) because he already learned about the Goblin Wars from his private tutor when he was young. Gimme Draco Malfoy who really wanted to ask Potter out in 8th Year but Potter was so social and carefree all the time and Draco just wanted to curl up with “A History of German Potions and their Uses in Modern Mind Magic” with Potter curled up to him, and so Draco couldn’t ask him out because why would the Boy Who Lived want to curl up in the Common Room with a nerd like Draco Malfoy? Gimme Draco Malfoy the complete dork who researched the magic behind Dark Marks when he was scared and lonely at Malfoy Manor hosting the Dark Lord and, in 8th Year, was not able to remove his, but he found he could recreate similar magic so that when he touched it, the skull put on glasses. Gimme Draco Malfoy who finally built up the nerve to approach Potter, but got so nervous after saying, “Hello, Potter,” that he forgot everything he had rehearsed and ended up saying, “That cloud looks like a penis,” instead of a conversation starter like he planned. Gimme Draco Malfoy being completely shocked by what just came out of his mouth and shocked when Potter actually laughs a genuine (and beautiful) laugh and responds with a casual, “I could use yours to compare, if you wanted,” and Draco doesn’t think he’s blushed so hard in his life. Gimme Draco Malfoy going on a date with Harry wearing a button down and a sweater with sweater paws (shut up, Blaise, I look cute) and being so nervous he keeps pulling on his sweater and Harry just thinks he’s so adorable he can’t stop giving him little tiny kisses and Draco absolutely loves it. Just gimme nerdy, virgin Draco and I’m set for life honestly.
Two weeks. They had only been together for two weeks before people had found out.
Draco paused before the entrance to the Great Hall and
pressed his forehead against the cool stone wall. He could do this. So everyone
knew that he was dating Harry Potter. So what? He had ignored the sneers when
he had returned to Hogwarts for his 8th year, he had suffered
through the occasional hex and had pointedly ignored any waspish comments that
had floated his way. Somehow, he had endured all of this with his chin up and a
disinterested look on his face.
He straightened determinedly, took a deep breath and walked
in. Keeping his eyes on the wall above the Slytherin table, he still couldn’t
miss how the noise of people chattering tapered off. Undeterred, he marched on.
Pansy and Blaise, who had their heads close together in conversation, looked
up. They glanced quickly at one another and then slid apart making space for
Draco. He didn’t let the relief show on his face. Pansy was smart enough to
wait until he was settled in and had filled his plate before asking, “Really,
Draco? You didn’t think to tell us before we found out from a shrieking
Draco huffed out a sigh. “Of course I did. When we were
ready you were the first people I was going to tell. It’s not my fault Weasley
and Granger had the same idea we did and happened upon our broom closet.”
After giving him a searching look Pansy nodded, satisfied. She
leaned in and whispered, “Tell us how it happened.”
Sneering, Draco was about to tell her to mind her own
business when a hand fell on the back of his neck. He turned and found himself
mouth to mouth with Harry. Whistles and cheers, and a few other less pleasant
sounds, rose from around them. Panic rose thickly up his throat. He used both
hands to shove Harry off of him. “What are you doing, Potter?” he whispered
Harry was looking rather taken aback and more than a little
confused. He glanced at the surrounding Slytherins who were all watching with
interest. Clearing his throat he answered, “I came to say good morning. I
thought that since everyone knows..” He trailed off. The uncertainty in his
bright green eyes made Draco uneasy, but he couldn’t ignore the panic he felt
or the blush blooming on his cheeks.
“So because they know we are seeing each other it’s alright
for you to maul me in front of everyone?” Draco asked.
A hint of amusement lit in Harry’s eyes. “Maul? Really, Draco.
By now you should be able to tell the difference between a chaste kiss and when
I’m trying to maul you.”
There were snickers around the table and a delighted laugh
from Pansy. She moved over and patted the seat between her and Draco. “Potter, please
do sit and tell us more.”
Draco made a choking noise. “I think that’s rather too much already.
Potter, why are you sitting down?”
Harry reached for some toast and buttered it. “I’m having
breakfast with my boyfriend.” He looked around at the many Slytherins still
staring at him. He tilted his head to the side and added, “And all of Slytherin
apparently.” More snickers.
This was too much. Far too much. And when Harry extended his
hand for Draco to take a bite of his toast, he couldn’t believe it. He looked
down at the toast and up at Harry again. Harry raised an eyebrow. “I am not
eating toast from your hand, Potter!” Draco sneered.
Harry sighed, put the toast down and turned to face him. “What’s
Draco huffed and looked down at his untouched plate. “Nothing.”
“Are you sure? Is it because I mentioned mauling and didn’t follow
through? Because tonight-”
Horrified, Draco could do nothing but cover his eyes with a
hand and weakly say, “Harry..”
Which, thankfully, was enough to shut him up.
With a sigh, Pansy offered. “Purebloods aren’t very
affectionate in public, Potter. Or possibly at all, I really couldn’t say for
sure since I don’t think I have even seen my parents kiss.”
There was a drawn out silence and Draco couldn’t take it
anymore. He lowered his hand to find Harry was staring at Pansy in shock. He
looked at Draco and quickly shuttered his expression. “Right. Sorry. I guess we
didn’t really have time to prepare for this.” He cleared his throat. “I’ll just
go back to the Gryffindor table.”
“No!” Draco said. “I don’t want you to leave. Just.. behave?” He smiled tentatively
and was relieved when Harry grinned at him before he resumed eating.
One month later.
Harry watched Draco roll his eyes at Ron. They were sitting
in the Three Broomsticks on a Saturday night with Ron, Hermione, Pansy and
Blaise. Looking back at the past month, Harry couldn’t believe how smoothly it
had gone and how well everyone was getting on. After that first awful morning
when he had kissed Draco in the Great Hall, Harry had learned to keep his hands
to himself when they weren’t alone. He was enormously relieved to find out that
Draco still wanted to spend as much time as possible together in and out of
their rooms. He was not embarrassed that people knew that they were together; he
just did not want people to see them being intimate.
Something that Harry, several times a day, thought was a
great pity. In fact, he was thinking it right this very second as he watched
his beautiful boyfriend smirk at Hermione and that now familiar feeling rushed
through him and all he wanted to do was kiss those smirking lips. Draco glanced
at him and he must have had a dopey smile on his face because he saw the smirk
fall away as Draco gave a soft smile meant just for him. The feeling grew along
with Harry’s smile and he knew he should tell Draco that he loved him soon.
“Harry, Mrs Weasley wants to know if you’ll be having
Christmas with us at the Burrow. She says she asked Ron to ask you ages ago,
but we both figured he hadn’t said anything yet.” Hermione said, eyeing Ron who
was sheepishly avoiding her gaze.
Harry laughed and quickly looked at Draco who was watching
him carefully. Turning back to Hermione he answered, “I haven’t actually
thought about Christmas yet. I’ll be sure to let you know my plans soon.” There
was warmth and pressure on the side of his leg as Draco scooted closer to him on
the bench. Harry glanced up but Draco was focused on the Butterbeer that he was
The conversation continued and Harry was laughing at Pansy’s
impression of Filch when he felt warm fingers on his wrist. He looked down at his
lap underneath the table and saw Draco’s pale hand flip over his own and intertwine
their fingers. Looking up, he found Draco engaged in a potions conversation
with Hermione. The only proof he had that Draco’s hand hadn’t acted of its own
volition was the pink staining Draco’s cheeks. He recovered rather slowly but
managed to rip his eyes away from Draco and look around the table to see if
anyone else had noticed. They hadn’t. Nobody questioned the big goofy grin that
stole across his features when Draco squeezed his hand either. He risked
another glance at Draco and their eyes met. Draco’s cheeks were becoming pinker
and he rolled his eyes at Harry, but Harry still saw the quirk of his lips.
“Wait,” Pansy interrupted them loudly. “Are you two holding
hands under the table?”
Harry’s smile vanished and he made to let go of Draco’s
hand, but Draco held on.
“Yes, Pansy. We are holding hands. So what?” He drawled.
“No, I don’t mean it like it’s a bad thing, Draco. I was
just surprised. What made you change your mind?” she asked.
Harry was also particularly interested in this answer. He
watched as Draco’s blush deepened. “Well, I thought about it and I don’t really
understand why purebloods are so opposed to showing affection. The only thing I
could think of was that a lot of the marriages are arranged, so maybe there was
no affection there.”
Hermione was smiling and nodding at Draco while Pansy looked
pensive. Blaise on the other hand, was grinning slyly. “So, Draco.” He started.
”You finally decided there was nothing wrong with showing the world that you’re
Everyone was silent, so Harry could clearly hear his heart
thumping in his chest. He watched as Draco chewed on his bottom lip, face
aflame. Slowly he turned to Harry, his grey eyes cautious but full. “Yes,” he
cleared his throat. “I did.”
And finally, Harry got to kiss his boyfriend in front of
other people. And he did. Thoroughly. Even when their friends started to laugh
and groan. Draco was laughing against his mouth when he pulled away and said, “Thank
Merlin, because I have a lot to show.”
I’ve changed accounts in order to make my Drarry/fanfiction account my primary!
Please follow https://deathbyfanfictioning.tumblr.com/ instead! Haven’t deleted all my old stuff (will be changing all future content to the same as this one) but will make sure there is more Drarry and other fandom love on there soon :)