- Omg people would totally
ship you two as the love/hate relationship and/or the sexual tension
- Cliche, but start off as
- If you played Quiddich
you would make it your top priority to always distract Draco
- Shameless teasing tho??
- “Hey Malfoy, nice ass”
- “You heard me!”
- Shameless catcalling
purposely in front of everyone including Snape and his friends
- But one day you are
genuinely upset and on the verge of tears but you, being stubborn, refuse to
cry in front of him
- “Didn’t you hear me?! Go
- Offers you a
handkerchief, an awkward hug, and sweets
- A messy, tear stained and
- “Since when did you go
- “I should be asking you
the same thing, (Last Name)
- So obviously you two are
pretty close friends now
- He can basically trust
you with anything so he comes to you when he has problems
- But both of you are
extremely stubborn so usually the other person will have to confront the other
about their notice in their change of attitude
- You having to confess
- He’d totally try to
confess but end up getting too nervous and backing away
- “Hey Malfoy, you be
interested in going to Hogsmeade this weekend?”
wouldn’t be asking me out, would you?”
-”Pffftttt as if????”
- You totally were asking
- He said yes in the most
teasing way with a signature smirk
- You were very proud of
your relationship because there was no denying Draco was just hot
- But like he was a
- If you were sick he would
always freak out and if he saw you were struggling in classes he would
discreetly leave you his study notes in the most unexpected ways like
“accidentally” mixing his 100% amazing notes up with your slightly pitiful ones
- And ugh he was just an
amazing partner to have???
- Not gonna lie you two
were already friends
- Like you would gang up on
people you shared a hatred for always
- Sometimes people would
even avoid you two in fear of being completely roasted™
- It was like “o shit here
they come rUN BITCH RUN N Y O O M”
- But no seriously you two
would diss whoever and whatever if they got on your nerves
- And obviously he would
ask you to the Yule Ball
-“You’re asking me,
-“Of course. Who else
would I ask? Parkinson?”
- And like whenever the two
of you would enter the ballroom all eyes would immediately just turn to you two
- Because lets face it, the
two of you could stop traffic
- You would both sneak off
after some stuff had died down in a dark and empty corridor
- The two of you would just
be chatting by a windowsill whenever out of nowhere he would just kiss you
- You were like talking
about class or something and he would just press his lips against yours
- And you just melted
- Because you could feel
how shaky and nervous he was
- But he was so gentle
- And omg you cuties
- Tbh no one is surprised when you enter the Great Hall hand in hand
- Blaise catcalls
- Pansy snarls
- Crabbe and Goyle don’t really care
- But you and Draco are too absorbed in the little world that has formed around you to notice
- The only reason he knew
you is because you were the person who always just happened to score one or two
points above him on every. single. assignment.
- Like he would be bragging
in class about his grades when the teacher would speak up like
-“Obviously I have the
best test scores in here but that’s not surprise—“
Malfoy, Miss (Name) (Last Name) scored just one point above you…! So you’re
- And he would just be
- And then he would
basically track you down and discreetly ask about studying techniques
- And you’d just be like
“So Mister “I scored one less point than someone” wants to hear about my
studying techniques? I don’t think so, Second Place.”
- He’d do an unintentional dramatic gasp
and like press an offended hand to his chest
- And you’d just walk away
with the most smug smirk ever
- After that incident he’d
badmouth you almost as much as he badmouthed Potter
- Because after doing some
“researching” (snooping) and learning more about you from observations and
sources he’d find out that you’re actually really intriguing
- And he might have had the
smallest, tiniest crush on you
- But he’d deny it of
-the little bastard
- But like he actually
finds the small things you do entertaining
- For example, he might
have ‘accidentally’ showed up at the library every day you did and just happen
to notice how you would play with your hair or doodle whenever you studied
- One day, he discreetly bumped into you
playing it off as he was too busy reading
- You decided not to tell
him that his book was upside down
-“Oh, watch where you’re
going… Anyways, if you’re here, mind helping me with this subject?”
-“Draco Malfoy? Asking for help? Who would have known?”
- But you did end up
- And after taking multiple
deep breaths, he finally got the courage to ask you out
- And you told him “maybe
if you can score higher than me on the next potions test”
-gUESS WHO STUDIED THEIR
- Tbh he had no idea who you were
- And honestly he didn’t even care
- But that all changed when this happened
- So you were focusing on anything other than him while walking down the hallway,
- And accidentally you bump into him
- All of your stuff falls to the ground
- And he just shoots you a nasty glare and continues walking
- You are simply picking up your things when you hear “Lousy Hufflepuffs. Can’t do anything. No wonder that Diggory died. As if a Hufflepuff is brave enough to enter that tournament and come out alive.”
- You stop dead in your tracks. “What did you just say..?”
- He turns back to you with a scoff
- You run up in front of him and get in his face. “What the hell did you just say?! Tell me!”
-”I said that all of you Hufflepuffs are weak and pathetic. Diggory never had what it took to enter the-”
- But he was cut off by a punch to the face. His nose was bleeding
-”Don’t you ever start saying shit like that when you, yourself, will never be better than Cedric! At his worst, he is still better than you at your best. Maybe you should think about this before speaking unless you want to be bloodied by a “lousy” Hufflepuff again.”
- He is left in sh o ck
- From then on, whenever he sees you his entire face goes red and he hides himself
- Because maybe your courage and great left hook made him form a crush
- He leaves a note on your desk which is from “your secret admirer” (cause he’s cheesy like that) telling you to meet him outside at night
- Your first reaction when you see him is not a positive one
- He explains that he only said that about Diggory is because he tries to look impressive in front of his friends (Which isn’t a lie) and that he sincerely apologizes and mourns for your House’s loss
- After some coaxing, he is forgiven
- You sit and chat for a while and you are pleasantly surprised when you find out he’s actually pretty cool
-At the end of the night, he asks you on a date
- And with a hesitant yet bright smile, you accept
“Blaise,” Draco fumed, storming into the living room, “what happened to the chest of drawers in my room?”
Blaise looked up from the paper he was reading and grinned at Draco.
“Do you like the new one? You’ve been whining about it so much, I thought I’d just replace that awful old-timer.”
“What did you do with that old-timer?”
“I sold it,” Blaise shrugged.
“You sold it,” Draco repeated flatly.
“Who did you sell it to?” Draco asked frantically.
“No idea,” Blaise said. “I didn’t get a name. Two people came by to pick it up. I think they were Muggles.”
Draco felt like he was about to faint.
“Did you take everything out beforehand?”
“Of course! What do you take me for?”
“Everything?” Draco insisted.
Blaise raised an eyebrow at Draco’s tone and studied him.
Draco took a step closer and narrowed his eyes.
“Even what was under the secret false bottom in the second drawer, nobody but me knows about?”
Blaise paled and his mouth opened.
“Oh,” he simply said.
“Yes, oh,” Draco growled. “Great, now I have to hunt it down. You’re a lousy flatmate.”
“Hey, I just wanted to do you a favour,” Blaise said defensively.
“You better hope they haven’t found what’s inside it, or I’m going to kill you.”
Doing the locator spell was easy enough. Draco had feared it wouldn’t work, but it seemed there were no wards guarding the flat the chest of drawers had ended up in. Draco apparated to the flat, his heart hammering as he knocked.
When the door opened, Draco was sure he had to be dreaming. Of all the people in the world. Of course. Of course.
“Malfoy?” Potter seemed stunned. He was holding a toothbrush and was only dressed in a green t-shirt and pants. “How did you find me?”
Draco shook his head, willing his mind to work properly again.
“You have something of mine,” he said curtly.
“And what might that be?” Potter responded, a grin beginning to form on his lips. It took Draco off guard for a moment.
“Can I just come in and check something?”
Potter stepped aside and gestured for Draco to come in. Draco wasted no time and quickly found the chest of drawers in the corner of Potter’s bedroom. He opened the second drawer and took out the little book he had been so desperate to get back.
“What’s that?” Potter asked, leaning against the doorframe.
“Nothing of your concern. It shouldn’t have been in there,” Draco huffed.
“Hmmm,” Potter hummed. “You know, I never would have thought you kept a diary.”
Draco blushed, quickly hiding his hands behind his back.
“It’s not a diary,” he said lamely.
Potter nodded, but he had a mischievous smile on his face.
“You want a drink?” he asked, turning around and heading back into the living room. Draco blinked and tried to find his voice again.
“Um, no thank you. You were obviously getting ready for bed. I won’t disturb you any longer,” he said hastily.
“You sure? It might be a great opportunity,” Potter grinned. Draco gave him a quizzical look.
“I don’t know,” Potter shrugged, “after two Firewhiskeys you might get the chance to run your hands through my incredibly infuriating, magnificent head of hair.” Potter tried to keep a straight face, but couldn’t suppress a snicker. “I might even let you touch my strong and marvellous jawline.”
Never had Draco wished more the ground would open and swallow him up.
“You read it,” he said through gritted teeth. “You had no right.”
“True,” Potter replied, nonchalant. “I’d let you read mine in return, but I don’t keep a diary.” He stepped closer to Draco, studying his face intently.
“You look rather cute when you’re flushed.”
Draco made a sound that was something between a weird gurgle and a high-pitched squeak. Whatever it was, it was highly embarrassing.
Potter chuckled, coming to a halt right in front of Draco.
“I mean, I could just show you what kind of fantasies I’d be writing in that diary,” he said in a low whisper.
Draco gulped, not quite grasping what Potter was saying.
“Like what?” he breathed.
“Hmmm.” Potter’s eyes flickered down to Draco’s lips. “Like how I want to grab you right now and kiss you until you can’t breathe.”
Draco’s mouth opened involuntarily. Breathing was already hard with Potter standing so close to him.
“And then,” Potter continued, deliberately breathing on Draco’s lips, “I’d want your hands on the most delicious and perfect arse you have ever seen in your life.”
Draco groaned loudly. This was just too much. But then again, Potter really seemed to be teasing him in a rather flirtatious way. Trying to conceal his nervousness, he raised his chin and fixed Potter with a glare.
“These better not just be empty promises,” Draco said haughtily.
“Oh, they’re not,” Potter smirked, his eyes gleaming as he started pouring their drinks.
Headcanon that one day after Draco and Harry share their first kiss, they’re spread out on their sofa, Harry’s head on Draco’s lap, Draco’s fingers playing with his hair. Harry asks Draco how long he’d liked him. Draco refuses to answer at first, but eventually he does.
“During our fourth year, when I saw you fighting a bloody dragon, I realized how the thought of you dying terrified me.”
dating draco but being in different houses would include...
him thinking you look cute in your house colours
“give us a twirl, babe?”
“you just always look so good in y/h/c.”
him giving you gifts in your house colours
him talking about your house more than you
your favourite colour is green because of him
and his favourite is y/h/c because of you
him secretly being ok with you not being in slytherin because he thinks you’re too sweet and kind-hearted
but he also really likes the idea of you in a slytherin uniform
you always sitting with him at the slytherin table for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
and holding hands under the table
and snape being ok with it
but everyone who isn’t friends with you and draco doesn’t like it
you being such a proud y/h, and draco loves that about you
him sneaking into your common room in the middle of the night to cuddle with you and make up for the time you didn’t get to spend with each other earlier in the day
and this happens every night
having a secret knock so you know it’s him
holding his face and kissing him at the door every time he comes in
“i like it here, it’s a lot nicer than our common room.”
“…you’re in it.”
and draco insisting that you never try and sneak into the slytherin common room because he’d rather him get caught than you
you both secretly wishing you were in the same house so you could be in the same common room without having to sneak around
snape knows but doesn’t say anything because he secretly thinks it’s really sweet
but one time he gets caught by mcgonagall and you spend all night waiting for him to show up
and he feels super super bad about it but you assure him that it’s completely fine and understandable
some of the slytherin girls that like draco use your house to make fun of you out of jealousy
but draco shows them and you that it doesn’t matter what house you’re in because he loves you no matter what
“y/n, babe, you know it literally means nothing to me as to what house you’re in. i love you so much, please stop worrying about it.”
and he knowingly kisses you in front of all the jealous girls
and none of the boys who like you in your house even think to look at draco because they’re scared of him
thinking about him whenever you see something with colours similar to slytherin
you sometimes wearing his slytherin robes because you know he likes it
and you like it too
“i mean, it’s a little big on me, but i think it looks good. what do you think?”
“are you wearing my robe… and tie?”
“sorry, you want me to take them off…?”
“for merlin’s sake, no.”
him cheering you and your house on for quidditch matches
and you doing the same for him and slytherin
both of you getting disapproving looks from your house mates when you do it
but you don’t care
as he’s the slytherin prince, you’re known as the y/h princess
both being the best of friends since first year even though most people didn’t like it
when you first started going out everyone thought it wouldn’t last, the main reason being you’re in different houses
but you’ve been together so long it actually made other students more confident to be in relationships with people from other houses
“dray, see that cute hufflepuff-slytherin couple holding hands over there? they came up to me earlier and wanted to thank us for giving them the confidence to tell their friends they’re together. isn’t that lovely?”
“not as lovely as you.”
him remembering how happy you were when you were sorted into your house
both of you finding it silly that eveyone makes such a big deal out of it
but it makes a good joke from time to time
the other two houses that have nothing to do with either of you are sick of hearing about you
all of draco’s friends thinking you’re really chill
and, as well as him, they don’t care that you’re in y/h
you prefering his slytherin friends to your few y/h friends
blaise teasing draco by saying you’re a ‘slytherin at heart’
but you don’t mind it because you have a secret love and fascination with the house
but blaise goes on to ask draco ‘what’s it like to f**k a y/h’
“it’s… just… shut up, blaise.”
you secretly wanting him to answer
“no, draco, what’s it like?”
you wearing his green scarf in public
mainly because he wanted everyone to know you were together
you feeling bad for him because of the slytherin stereotype, because he seems really mean and spiteful to everyone else, but to you he’s the sweetest, loveliest and most generous person ever
you always reassuring him that being in slytherin is a good thing
because it is
being the only person in your friendship group who’s not in slytherin
you joking around and using his house traits to flirt with him
“quite the bad boy, aren’t you, malfoy?
“you certainly know what you want, don’t you, draco?
“going to show your ambition and kiss me, or what?
“you slick, cunning, little flirt, draco malfoy.”
playing on it even more
“100 points to slytherin for draco malfoy being the cutest boyfriend ever.”
“can i have a draco x reader where the reader gets sick or passes out during class?? like really fluffy thanks!!!” thank you so much for your request! hope you like it!
Ever since Slughorn took over as
the new Potions professor, class has been nothing short of interesting. The
first couple of lessons were challenging since no one really knew what Slughorn
was really like, would he be as strict as Snape or caring as Lupin had
been? You all soon found out that he was the definition of frazzled, not all
quite there, but overall he meant well. And of course, just like Snape, he had
his favorites, meaning Harry Potter. That didn’t sit well with most of the
Slytherins in the class, but you tried to ignore their nasty remarks towards
your friend but sometimes their teasing was too much and as a fellow Gryffindor
you had to defend both your friends and your house. But today you weren’t feeling
much of the fighting spirit in you, you had a terrible headache and wanted
nothing more than to be curled up in bed but alas you trudge your way to class.
You slowly made your way to your
seat, but you noticed that Lavander Brown had taken your usual seat since you
were late. Probably so she could stare at
Ron…The only available seat was next to Draco so you begrudgingly made your
way there as Harry and Hermione sent you a sad smile knowing that you were in
no mood to put up with the Slytherin Prince.
You weren’t feeling well and it
didn’t help that everyone was being extremely chatty today,
“Settle down! Settle down! Ms.
Brown, please stop making googly eyes at Mr. Weasley…As I was saying, today we
will be making a very challenging potion, the draught of peace! So, let’s get
to it!” Slughorn announced, and with that everyone stood up and headed towards
the back to grab what they needed. You weren’t surprised to see that everyone
pretty much grabbed all of the moonstone powder so you had to wait for someone
to be done with theirs so you could start.
But it looked like everyone was
taking their sweet time getting set up and actually starting the potion.
“I’m almost done adding the powder,
you can have it after it.” Draco said to you once you sat down. Were you
hallucinating or was Draco Malfoy actually being nice to you? You and Draco
never really talked, except for the cordial ‘hello,’ from time to time.
You simply nodded as you tied your
hair back, most of the class had ignited their cauldrons and the heat was
starting to get to you.
You both worked in silence and had
a system of sharing going on, you had the ingredients needed for the second
half of the potion and Draco had the beginning ones, so you would switch when
you needed to.
“Stir until the potion turns
orange, and then add more porcupine quills until the potion turns turquoise.” You
read out loud for what seemed to be the third time, the heat in the room was
becoming unbearable and you were having a hard time focusing.
“Are you alright Y/L/N?” Draco
asked you after the fourth time.
“Um, yeah, never been better,” you
said trying to sound convincing. He simply
nodded and went back to his own potion but he wasn’t the only one showing
concern for you, Hermione kept shooting you worried looks. After a few more
minutes she poured some of her potion into a vial for grading and then made her
way towards you, she was expecting a nasty remark from Draco but he simply
looked up and nodded towards you, his brow furrowed in concerned.
“Hey, I just finished mine, do you
need any help, Y/N?” she asked as she came to stand next to you.
“Hi ‘Mione, and no that’s okay, I’m
nearly finished, I just need to get add some more powdered porcupine quills and
I’ll be done.” Unbeknownst to you, Draco was listening intently to your
conversation. He noticed how quiet you were during breakfast in the Great Hall
and how you were late to most of your shared classes. He has a soft spot for
you, most of the Slytherins didn’t mess with you in fear of receiving backlash
from Draco. Ever since class started he noticed how flushed you were. He was
thankful Hermione came over to you because he knew you didn’t really trust him.
He was done with his own potion,
and Hermione was helping you out until Ron stole her away because he needed
help putting out the fire he created.
“Almost done?” he asked.
“Yeah, I just need to, to…to get a
vial and bottle it up.” You said softly, becoming more and more dizzy with every
word you spoke.
“Hey, are you okay?” He said
looking alarmed by how pale you had turned all of the sudden.
“I’m fi-” Your world turned black
before you could answer back.
You were definitely not fine.
You woke up a few hours later with
a pounding headache, you slowly opened your eyes, but promptly closed them
because of the bright lights of the infirmary. After a few minutes you tried
once again with much more success and tried to sit up but felt the room spin
out of control once again.
“Woah, take it easy there.” A voice
said next to you, soon enough your eyes met the worry ones of none other than
“What are you doing here?”
“Well after you decided to test out
if gravity, Potter and I brought you to Madame Pomfrey.” He said as he softly
pushed you back into the plush pillows.
“Where’s Harry?” you asked, not
seeing the mess of curls anywhere. Draco’s eyes flickered with something that
you’ve never seen before. It wasn’t the usual flicker of annoyance.
“Sorry, your little boyfriend had
to go to Quidditch practice. He said he would come by later.” Draco said
“He’s not my boyfriend.” You said
with the same curt tone but before he could say something else you cut him off.
“Wait, don’t you have practice as
well? Don’t Slytherins usually practice at the same time and place to piss off
“Well I skipped today.”
“The Slytherin seeker skipping out
on practice? I certainly feel honored, your team must really hate me right now.”
“Yeah, I would definitely watch out
for them if I were you.” He chuckled.
“Did you really skipped practice
“Well, I had to make sure you were
okay, I’m not as bad as Potter and Weaslbee make me out to be.” He said, his
cheeks turning a soft pink as he rubbed his neck nervously.
“Thank you, Draco.” You said
grabbing his hand and giving it a gentle squeeze.
“You’re welcome, Y/N.” that was the
first time he called you by your first name.
“So, I was thinking, if you’re done
testing out gravity, would you like to go with me on the next Hogsmeade trip?”
“Draco Malfoy, are you asking me
out on a date?” you said, unable to fight off the smile spreading across your
“That depends, if you say yes then
yeah I am.” he said, trying to fight off the nerves with his usual debonair.
“It’s a date.” You answered smiling
softly, Draco smiled rivaled your own. You were certainly glad that you
literally fell for him today.
I’m sure this has been done before, but I absolutely live for pansy/Harry friendship
- Pansy and Harry become friends even before Drarry happens
- it’s eighth year, and of course all the returning students are grouped in one big dorm because house unity and all that
- Harry can’t sleep. The nightmares are too much, and he doesn’t want to bother his roommate *cough*draco*cough* because he’s his ex-rival for merlin’s sake and that’s just /awkward/
- so he sits by the hearth in the common room, where everything is usually purple and gray but right now the fire is roaring and everything is bathed in a wonderful orange light
- and he doesn’t notice Parkinson sitting in the love seat to his left until she shifts and drawls out a scathing “well if it isn’t the boy who just won’t die”
- and of course Harry jumps, wand out and pointed at Pansy’s throat in half a second
- she stares at it and pushes it away in silence
- there’s the expected “nightmare?” “Yeah. You?” “Same as you, what do you expect” exchange then comfortable silence
- eventually they fall asleep where they are
- in the morning, pansy’s gone and Harry’s late for breakfast
- neither of them say anything about it, but she nevertheless slips him an extra hot coffee as she leaves the great hall
- it happens again that night
- this time, they talk about it
- “what’s it like to die?”
- he starts. He’s never told anyone about that. Ever.
- and that’s how he finds out that Pansy is a legilimens
- “why don’t you look for yourself?”
- “I’m not a barbarian, Potter”
- so he tells her. And she listens.
- she asks why he didn’t tell Weasley and Granger
- “they worry too much”
- and she gets it
- the next night, she tells him why she doesn’t boast about her legilimency
- “My Death Eater family loved to exploit it. When old Voldy came back, he forced me to use it to find out his victim’s fears and weaknesses. I was a puppet. I didn’t ask for that.”
- “None of us did.”
- they meet like this every night, when the nightmares are too much or the insomnia sets in
- she explains that sleeping was too much like passing out from Crucio
- He talks about how weird it feels since Draco started ignoring him
- they talk about Draco a lot
- “he wasn’t always that way. You should’ve seen him as a child, when his father would be away on business. I’d never met anyone more in love with life.”
- they don’t talk for the rest of that night
- he notices the slytherin Trio has mostly broken up
- Pansy, surprisingly, hangs out with Luna during the day
- Harry asks about it
- Pansy shrugs “she doesn’t dwell on the past”
- One day Hermione and Ron don’t show up for breakfast
- Pansy takes the seat next to Harry, “ she snuck into his room last night after you went to bed. Kicked Blaise out and everything.”
- They talk about life after hogwarts
- “you don’t want to be an auror anymore, then? Thought saving people gave you a hard on, Potty”
- he laughs for the first time in a long while
- “it gets boring after the first couple hundred times, I guess”
- “well, Mcgonagall obviously wants you for the DADA position”
- they walk together to herbology
- Draco gawks as they enter the greenhouse
- Pansy offers a small smile
- Draco turns away
- Harry sulks
- Ron and Hermione show up a minute later, Hermione blushing and Ron raising an eyebrow at Harry, but he doesn’t say anything when Pansy whispers something in Harry’s ear that makes him grin wide
- It’s the middle of the year, and Harry and Pansy have established a sort of routine
- they meet every night, sometimes to talk, sometimes to take walks around the castle, sometimes just to sit in each other’s presence until they fall asleep
- in the morning, whoever wakes first brings up two mugs from breakfast, if it’s Pansy she brings cocoa, while Harry brings coffee
- Harry asks why Pansy always wears extra layers, or uses far more blankets than normal
- he mentions that Malfoy does it, too
- “Draco never told you?” “I never asked”
- it’s a side effect of the Cruciatus and Imperio Curses
- Harry thinks he understands
- He pats her hand, and she wonders why he’s so warm
- he shrugs. He’s always been like that.
- maybe it’s because of his mother’s love, he jokes
- she just looks at him. “Perhaps you’re right about something for once, Potty.”
- the next morning, Draco wakes early to find them snuggled together in front of the dying embers, Pansy leaning into Harry, extra blankets discarded on the floor
- he can’t help the tight, smoldering feeling in his chest as he walks to breakfast
- it’s Saturday, so there’s no class, but Blaise still leaves a mug of coffee and a cup of cocoa on the coffee table in the common room for when they wake, warming charms cast to keep the drinks steaming
- when they wake up, it’s not awkward at all. Just comfortable.
- like sharing a bed with your sibling
- they enjoy their arrangement, and Pansy takes advantage of Harry’s warmth constantly
- eighth years are allowed to leave the grounds at any point, so long as they obey curfew
- Harry and Pansy visit Hogsmeade together shortly after Christmas break
- while out for lunch, they run into Draco
- Pansy invites him along
- Harry and Draco start talking and don’t stop
- Pansy is torn; she hates being a third wheel, but she thinks she ships the two more
- she excuses herself, claiming exhaustion, and finds a quaint book shop near the edge of the village
- There, she runs into a distressed Granger
- turns out, Granger broke it off with Weasley
- Pansy is surprisingly good at comforting others, and shares her unexpected love of books with Hermione
- but while Hermione adores nonfiction, Pansy reads fiction. Thus, a friendship grows
- their day at the book store marks the start of a new relationship
- she tells Harry about her impromptu date with hermione
- “on a first name basis now, are you? I feel betrayed.”
- “oh shut it, Potty.”
- she’s blushing and they both know it
- in retaliation, she asks about Draco, and now it’s Harry’s turn to bloom red
- when Harry asks Draco out in the Great Hall a few weeks later, Pansy stands and screams from the other end of the table “IT’S ABOUT FUCKING TIME YOU PINING PRICK”
- Harry and Draco both turn red, scurrying out of the hall, hand in hand
- Pansy high-fives Luna, who giggles the whole time
- Harry does the same thing when Hermione asks out Pansy, but instead he’s screaming “SAY YES ALREADY PANS, YOU BLOODY WUSS”
- Ron gazes at them sadly, but Blaise distracts him with a comforting hand on his lower back and offers some treacle tart
- Pansy and Harry’s nightly meetings start happening less and less, but they’re still closer than ever
- when Draco and Harry have their first fight, Pansy knows, cuddling with Harry in front of the fireplace like they used to
- Hermione is super understanding, bless her heart
- She still draws a mustache and monocle on Harry in revenge for stealing her girlfriend, though
- she wakes Draco early to see it
- He takes pictures of his exbutkindofstill-best friend and boyfriend cuddling
- he won’t admit it, but his heart melts just a little as they wake, untangling from each other, bleary eyes and bed heads
- Harry and Draco don’t fight as much after that (but neither of them mind so much on the mornings after they do because Harry and pansy’s friendship is so precious)
- drarry and pansmione have a double wedding
- Ron and Blaise are Best Men, Luna and Ginny Maids of Honor
- Harry gets the DADA job, but always floos home at the end of the day to be with Draco and the kids
-pansy works in hogsmeade, running the bookstore where she first comforted hermione, now minister of magic
- Draco is a wonderful homemaker, who works from home co-editing the Quibbler with Luna
- even after marriage and families, Pansy and Harry have slumber parties, just the two of them in the living room while Draco and hermione take the kids out
- they cuddle and talk about everything
- in the mornings, pansy always wakes first, since Harry is usually up late grading papers
- but now, she makes two coffees for Harry and hermione, a cocoa for her, and a tea for Draco
- Harry and Pansy still spend nights by the fire, but sometimes they’re joined by their spouses, Ron and Blaise, and Ginny and Luna
- Sometimes Pansy and Draco’s skin still turn to ice
- sometimes hermione and Harry still wake up in the middle of the night for no solid reason
- but they’re surrounded by the ones they love
- the war is over
- pansy’s legilimency fades with age, and she’s happy to only have to live in her own head for once
- Harry and Draco learn to be in love with life, and with each other
- Hermione and Ron are no longer a ‘what if’
- and while Draco’s scars never completely fade away, Harry assures him they make him even more beautiful
- While Pansy will never stop being cold, Hermione is there with cocoa and and blankets and her warm embrace
- while Harry and Hermione never eat as much as they used to, too accustomed to those days in that wretched tent, running from the enemy, starving in the forest, Draco and Pansy are there to hold them and kiss them and remind them that it’s better now. It’s okay now.
- and suddenly it wasn’t just Pansy and Harry with late night talks and cuddles on the couch
- it was everyone else, too
- it was warm, and safe, and home
- and it wasn’t perfect
- but it was good.