“THERE IS NO REASON WHY YOU SHOULD HAVE SO MANY PRODUCTS ON YOUR SINK”
First of all, hahaha anon you’re so stupid
The transition from that shit show to the current orderly state of affairs took about a year. And I do mean in terms of both the accumulation of products as well as the clean up.
You know why?
EVERYTHING IS FUCKING EXPENSIVE AND I’M FROM SOUTHEAST ASIA WHICH MEANS MOST OF WHAT I OWN IS IMPORTED
And I definitely HAVE to spend money on higher quality stuff because I have a corporate job and I work in the CEO’s office. Whether I like it or not, I have to have Nice Things. Your $20 Kat Von D eyeliner costs me RM100, which is literally 100 bucks to me. And I have to systematically buy one product, try it out by using it up until it’s finished, and then I either stick with it or try something else. And when things are as expensive as they are, I CAN’T AFFORD TO THROW ANYTHING OUT AT ALL.
so, in order of numbers, here is what i own:
- Perfume (approximately all but two bottles were presents) and deodorant (anti-perspirant, because god hates the equator)
- Extra soap, bobby pins, nail clippers, tweezers, travel toiletries kit, etc.
- Medicine and things to make me Feel Better About Myself, approximately half were also given to me (my mum’s fancy mud facial mask, @cwena’s Body Shop Vitamin E Cream, some Kiehl’s sample bottles from my friend) and of course, lulur (balinese, rose scented, also gifts from my Indonesian relatives)
- Oral hygiene
- A Very Fancy hand mirror/brush/comb set I received as a present as a child
- Hair brush and two combs with differing widths between the teeth on account of my fucking hair
- HAIR STUFF BECAUSE I HAVE SO MUCH HAIR I HAVE 3 BOTTLES OF HAIR OIL THAT EACH DO DIFFERENT THINGS
- 90% of all my make up, mostly lipsticks because I like lipsticks
- Daily face routine stuff
Arguably, all of these are things that I need. And they’re all on my sink because the only other table I own is my work desk, and I use that for work