Is there any good YA stories with Blasian Relationships (Romantic, friendship, and family)
Mm… I don’t know many, but I can tell you about The Young Elites by Marie Lu (main character is east-asian; some friends and romantic interests are black) (I love it) and The Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan(Hazel/Frank from book 2 on - Hazel is black and Frank is chinese-canadian).
I bet Reinhardt goes bird watching and it’s like, the one hobby of his that he doesn’t ask the young heroes to join in on because he thinks they’ll probably find it boring but D.Va wants to see what that ish is about
//Funnily enough I’ve already done this before (though this version has less questions oddly). In fact for that time I was indirectly tagged by myself due to be tagged by someone who was tagged by a person I tagged on my other blog. Since I’ve already done this for Ness, which is linkedherefor those interested, I’ll do this one for Tracy.
▌What is your name? “Tracy,”
▌What is your real name? “Tracy Yamamoto.”
▌Do you know why you were called that? “It was my Grandma’s middle name.”
▌Are you single or taken? “Single. It’d be pretty weird for a twelve year old to be dating, don’t you think?”
▌Have any abilities or powers? “Unless somehow tricking a delivery company to let a little kid be one of their phone operators for almost a year counts, then nope. Ness is the one with powers not me…”
▌What’s your eye colour? “A bright sparkly blue.”
▌How about your hair colour? “Blonde. All natural too. Got it from my mom.”
▌Have you any family members? “There’s my mom and dad, though he’s always busy at work. And Ness too of course.”
▌Oh? What about pets? “We have a dog named King. He’s the family pet, but me and Ness like to treat him more like an older brother. Especially Ness, since he can understand dogs and talk back.”
▌That’s cool, I guess. Now tell me about something you don’t like. "Pickles are absolutely terrible, and it’s such a drag to have to pick them off my burgers every time. I don’t know how anyone could like them.”
▌Do you have any hobbies/activities you like to do? “Music! Jazz is my favorite, but some of the rock stuff my big brother listens to is also good. I play a saxophone in school, and once I’m out I’m going to make myself a world famous jazz player!”
▌Ever hurt anyone before? "Physically? Only a few times. Most were accidents in gym class cause other kids weren’t paying attention when I’d serve them the birdie in badminton. The one time it wasn’t? I got in a lot of trouble for that but big brother was proud of me for knocking out that jerk with a bat, hehe.”
▌Ever killed anyone before? “No, and I don’t plan to.”
▌What kind of animal are you? “Some sort of song bird, I’d think cause we’re both small, cute, and musical.”
▌Name some of your worst habits. “Instead of laying against the couch pillows I like to sit on top of them. Mom doesn’t like it but it’s really comfy!“
▌Do you look up to anyone at all? “My mom. She’s amazing.”
▌Gay, straight, or bisexual? “I’m not sure…”
▌Do you go to school? “I’m twelve so I kinda have to.”
▌Do you ever want to marry and have kids one day? “Maybe. but I’m too young to think about stuff like that.”
▌Do you have any fanboys/fangirls? “Not yet, but once I become a famous musician I’ll have plenty!”
▌What are you most afraid of? “…those robot-looking aliens, Ness says they’re calls Starman. All the aliens that attacked the town were scary, but Starmen were the ones doing the most damage with all those psychic meteors a nd beam lasers. I swear if big bro and the others didn’t show up when they did…”
▌What do you usually wear? “What I have on now: my red overalls skirt dress thing…whatever it’s called, with a white shirt underneath.”
▌Do you love someone? "My family… though I bet that’s not what you’re talking about.”
▌When was the last time you wet yourself? “…big brother said that some questions were removed to make this interview thing more ‘safe for work’, yet this one is still here. Why?” //how did the question about favorite color get the axe and not this?
▌What class are you? "Lower middle class, according to Ness. The reason Dad’s always working it make sure we don’t become upper lower class. You’d think all the money Ness got from fighting aliens would make us rich but it didn’t.”
▌How many friends do you have? “I have a lot. Sally, Sarah, Jane, Picky, Carl, Josh, Penny, plus some other kids from school.”
▌What are your thoughts on pie? "I love pie! Ness thinks cake is better but I’m much more of pie person. Apple pies and pumpkin pies are my favorites, but I could eat any pie.”
▌Favourite drink? "Strawberry milk. Chocolate milk is great too, but I really love strawberry. Mom says I’m the only reason we have strawberry syrup in the house.”
▌What’s your favourite place? "When me and big bro walk to school, we take a shortcut through the woods instead of walking on the dirt path between our house and town. It’s absolutely lovely there! The forest looks beautiful with the morning sunlight and the birds singing is so lovely. Sometimes on the weekend I’ll sneak out of the house and sit in the forest for an hour or two.”
▌Are you into someone~? "I miiiight be, but I’m not telling you.”
▌Would you rather swim in the lake or in the ocean? "The ocean, cause I love going to the beach.”
▌What’s your type? “Again, that’s something I’m not telling you.”
▌Camping or indoors? "Camping, cause we don’t do it very often. I like both though.“
Tagging: //no cause as I said before this is the third time I’ve done this and everyone else probably has done it by now lol. If anyone wants to do this however, be my guest and go for it.
I loved the young hero ask. If its not much trouble, what about a young hero who is untrusting, closed off and scared of contact with others. Life has been total shit for them up until this point. And cuz of this they have trouble trusting and connecting to others. But so desperately wants too.
No prob! I actually have like two other requests coming up in my inbox to continue that post as well, so I guess you guys enjoyed that post! Makes me happy to hear. (๑•́ ω •̀๑)
(Btw, this series takes place in a world where every OW character was actually a part of Overwatch, which is an AU in itself lol)
You and Hanzo get along really well. You’re both the ones who lean against the wall in the corner and don’t talk much. So, naturally, you eventually start talking lmao.
Gabe/Reaper is another companion of yours. He understands your inability to trust people, as does Hanzo, but Gabe has been treated horribly by life as well. And he’s managed to find his place. He wants to help you find yours.
Gabe wants you to try to start socializing and trusting people, but you have a request. You try to make a deal with Hanzo that you’ll start making friends, (or at least attempting to), if he at least tries to reconcile with Genji once.
He doesn’t agree, but just wait a while. Your progress’ll motivate him after a long while.
You feel more comfortable around the more mature/older agents, because a lot of the ones your age are flamboyant. You find it hard to feel confident in yourself around them at first.
Your first friend in your age group is Zenyatta. He’s just…too smart?? And super chill. You open up to him and he juST TAKES YOUR HEART IN HIS HANDS AND FIXES IT. It takes forever, but he restores a lot of the broken pieces of you.
You also meet Genji through that. You two start talking during meditation shit, and you tell Hanzo what his little bro is like these days. He doesn’t know you catch his sighs or bitter smiles he lets escape as you leave the room afterwards.
You do get the courage to start talking to the younger agents, aside from Zen, after a while. And you’re like, why did I avoid these people? Lena and Lucio are sweet as fuck and Hana is hilarious? Junkrat is honestly so ridiculous that you don’t even have to worry about being judged by him??
When you confess to people about your feelings/anxieties, the ones you get closer to offer their ways of helping. Zenyatta is one, but for example, say you and Lucio became really close. He’d find/make calming music for you whenever you were in an especially nervous situation. Say you and Genji get close; I see him joining you in conversation and throwing a supportive arm around your back if he sees you’re uncomfortable.
Everyone just wants to help!! Also your close friends will definitely share their insecurities with you. Work together to heal!! Call Zenyatta and have a pizza meditation party!!!
2. Fill in the question/statements as if you were that OC.
3. Tag four people to do this meme!
[I’m gonna be annoying and do this twice with different OCs]
OC Chosen: Aurora
1. What is your name? Aurora The Hedgehog 2. Do you know why you are named that? Mom says that she always really liked that name! Dad didn’t have much of a say :P
3. Are you single or taken? ❤ ~Taken~ ❤
4. Have any abilities or powers? I can bend light in a lot of really cool different ways, but sometimes it can really backfire on me. I also have premonitions every so often but they’re really confusing ^^; I haven’t quite figured that out yet.
5. Stop being a Mary Sue. Rude!
6. What’s your eye color? Emerald green.
7. How about hair color? I’d say bubblegum pink ;)
8. Have any family members? Well, I have a really big extended family! Uncle Tails and Uncle Knuckles& Aunt Rouge, and Sticks (though I don’t know what we classify her as??) And I have some really cool cousins, Ruff and Tumble!
((Spazz is Aurora’s brother, but not in this universe.))
9. Oh? How about pets? I’ve never been really good with pets ^^; … I’ll just stick with plushies!
10. That’s cool, I guess. Now tell me something you don’t like. Green olives make me sick to my stomach. Just the thought of eating one makes my cheeks pucker, BLERGH!
11. Do you have any activities/hobbies that you like to do? I love to swim and dance!
12. Have you ever hurt anyone in any way before? I try not to ever hurt anybody. When people are sad, I’m sad. OH! I uh… kind of had a habit of sticking Ol’ Eggy with my quills when I was young.. I couldn’t help it!
13. Ever… killed anyone before? Absolutely not! I could never!
14. What kind of animal are you? Hedgehog.
15. Name your worst habits. I kind of have a habit of running my mouth too much, and I can be a major smart-butt at times.
16. Do you look up to anyone at all? Ahh! My dad and my mom, they’re the best! But gosh my whole family is really amazing, it’s kind of intimidating to try to live up to, y’know?
17. Are you gay, straight or bisexual? I’m straight, but thanks for asking!
18. Do you go to school? I used to attend the Young Heroes program, if that counts.
19. Ever want to marry and have kids one day? ❤ Ohhh yes~ I would be the happiest hog in the world if I could marry SHa-Uh… Y’know at the risk of prying (father) ears let’s go ahead and skip this one!
20. Do you have any fan girls/fan boys? No way! XD
21. What are you most afraid of? I… well. I don’t know what I’d do if I lost any of the people I love… But let’s not think about that! Instead another fear… I’m terrified of the dark
22. What do you usually wear? Stockings, shorts and tank top, athletic jacket and my Light inhibitors! :D 23. What’s one food that tempts you? TAMALES!!! Oh chaos my stomach is grumbling just THINKING about it!
24. Am I annoying to you? No no no! You’re wonderful!
25. Well, it’s still not over! Excellent! :D
26. What class are you (low/middle/high)? Umm..? Middle I guess 27. How many friends do you have? There are a lot of people I would consider my friends :) But I only have a few really close ones
28. What are your thoughts on pie? Anything sweet is wonderful in my book!
29. Favorite drink? Ooh, hmm. Maybe cream soda?!
30. What’s your favorite place? This really nice grassy hill where Shadow and I like to meet up and just sit for hours ❤
31. Are you interested in anyone? Hmmmmm ;)))
32. That was a stupid question… Oh no, don’t say that.
33. Would you rather swim in a lake or the ocean? The ocean! Lakes are lovely but so… dark and.. yeahhh
34. What’s your type? Dedicated
35. Any fetishes? OH THAT’S FUNNY THERE DOESN’T SEEM TO BE A QUESTION HERE HAHAH??? I GUESS I’LL JUST SKIP IT OKAY LET’S GO!
36. Camping or outdoors? I don’t think you can camp indoors, but I definitely like going out for walks!
You guys saying Amy is a momma bear just makes me calling her my comedy mom make so much more sense. I literally go to my UCB classes and everyone knows I call Amy my mom. She's the best hero a young girl can ask for! :)
The are no words to describe how thankful we are for both Amy and Meredith. They are great at not just hearing what you’re saying, but actually listening to you – and then jumping in when they need to. Smart Girls wouldn’t be what it is without them and their hearts and brains and souls.