Book Four. We need a Book Four of ATLA. The comics are kinda weird anyway
In that Book Four will be an AZULA REDEMPTION ARC
I’ve talked about this before, but I would involve Mai and Ty Lee in the finale MUCH MORE. Have them break out of prison, and then find the Gaang, and fight alongside them! Maybe they’d have a little thing of their own to do, like free the Kyoshi Warriors and they’d all take out some Fire Nation armies? And then at the end the KW would offer Mai and Ty Lee membership. Ty Lee accepts, but Mai declines in favor of finding herself.
Give Suki a backstory and a family ffs!
Mai and Katara interactions!!!! In all seasons, but this hypothetical Book Four would be CHOCK FULL of them. In the beginning, both of them would voice their desire to sail around the world, and then they decide hey why not go together? And then plotty stuff happens. Maybe they come across a group of Air Nomads?
You know those other Kyoshi Warriors? It’d be nice to know their names. And maybe a snippet of backstory.
Noah fence but Aang and Katara didn’t need to kiss at the end. I think I’d change that to just a shot of the Gaang at the tea shop, together and happy and relieved because the war’s over but knowing that there’s still adventure and trouble that lies ahead. OH AND TY LEE’S THERE TOO
Let’s maybe see Ty Lee’s parents and sisters onscreen please and thank? And honestly I’m kinda torn on the matter of her sisters because I like the idea of them being identical septuplets but I’ve also seen drawings of them where they all have unique designs and they’re all different ages and visually that’s so much more interesting than the identical septuplets idea??? But narrative-wise Ty Lee’s pain of being a copy of her sisters makes more sense if they’re all identical septuplets imo?? idk honestly
Also I’d live for some Suki and Ty Lee interactions!! Them being friends! Them fighting alongside each other as opposed to against each other like they did earlier!
Along with that Azula Redemption Arc, interactions between Azula and the Gaang that show her slowly beginning to tolerate them. And then at one point she starts to let her dweebiness show and makes bad jokes and such and everyone’s like ‘holy shit’ bc did this scary af princess just make a PUN? And yeah it’s great
Number eleven because yes: In LOK I would include flashbacks/cameos from Suki, Azula, Mai, and Ty Lee, as well as info on what they did with their lives
“Did you like question ten, Moony?“ asked Sirius as they emerged into the entrance hall. “Loved it,” said Lupin briskly. “Give five signs that identify the werewolf. Excellent question.” “D'you think you managed to get all the signs?” said James in tones of mock concern. “Think I did,” said Lupin seriously, as they joined the crowd thronging around the front doors eager to get out into the sunlit grounds. “One: He’s sitting on my chair. Two: He’s wearing my clothes. Three: His name’s Remus Lupin…”
Oh my God, could you do a top 10 for Michiru's outfits? I feel like they tried so hard to make her a fashion plate (as she well she should be) but were so often stymied by the 90s-ness of it all. I'd love to see what you chose.
The real question is, how will I narrow it down to only ten?? Michiru’s style is so hard to pin down because sometimes it works flawlessly and sometimes it’s hard to justify, in-universe, why she would ever choose to wear what she is wearing. (Thanks again to @sailorcivilian and @fukufashion for their comprehensive representation of Sailor Moon outfits!)
10. The 1940s called. They said you look really good in that dress, feel free to keep wearing it.
9. It is written in ink that this shawl may never cover more than one (1) shoulder at any given time.
8. (”coming soon to own on videocassette” voice) She may have a tiny bow and a tiny backpack, but she’s got a big heart.
7. They told me I could be anything I wanted, so I became the ocean
6. Wearing formal gloves and a pencil skirt to the racetrack just seemed like the right thing to do at the time.
5. There are two kinds of people: those who say “you can never have too much denim on your body,” and liars
4. On the back, these shirts say “If found, please return to Michiru”/”I am Michiru”
3. The stylish yet practical baby-stealing ensemble
2. The dress that is responsible for putting many a young boy through early puberty
1. Look. I think there must be a story behind this one. I think this used to be a favorite tunic of Michiru’s; the pale lavender with the white belt is simple but charming. One day she was painting another one of her space whales, and Haruka yelled something from the kitchen about the shrimp paella leftovers in the fridge. In the one uncalculated move she had ever made in her life, she turned around and lowered her brush, leaving a short streak of dark blue on her dress. She tried everything; cold water, rubbing alcohol, Haruka’s Tide-to-Go stick, but she could still see a faint line where the space-colored paint was. Haruka would insist she couldn’t tell there was a stain, but Michiru would always know, and she couldn’t live like that. The next day, she bought a bottle of fabric dye. If she couldn’t remove the accidental stain, then she would make it an intentional one. She wears it as an act of defiance, a warning to the universe that Michiru Kaioh is not one to be defeated.
For people wondering how to take action post-election of a racist demagogue (pulled from Twitter and cleaned up):
Make a spreadsheet or a file for your representatives with names, addresses to their offices, phone numbers, and contact forms. Put everyone there. Make a note in your calendar app to check in on issues once a month.
Pay attention to news. If you get angry, upset, or worried, seek support from friends but ALSO shoot these reps an email, too. Be courteous but firm and blunt. It’s a numbers game. Often we remain invisible because we don’t go to events and rallies and can’t be physically present. But we can attach our names to emails, we can write letters, we can be vocal. We don’t have to be invisible.
You can do this with your national reps, state reps, and local reps. If someone reps you anywhere, note them. Open a line and revisit it. It’s hard work and slow. One email at a time. One letter at a time. One call at a time. Emails are easy these days, so splurge every few months on a stamp and send a letter if you can. Put your humanity in front of these people. Flout it. Some won’t care, but others will. Change ONE mind and results can cascade.
Rural areas are bubbles full of bigotry and now it’s newly revealed. But we white people who live here have the clout and power! We can speak up when our reps say terrible things, and do terrible things, and vote terrible ways. We can go “I am disappointed in you.” It’s work, but as we’ve seen the last six months, it’s time for us to do that work. If someone goes “who are your reps” you gotta know. If you don’t know and you’re mad about this election, it’s time to create that file and keep it with you and use it.
The time for social media rants only is over. Or, do those, but maybe pull those threads out into a paragraph and send them to your reps. And don’t ONLY email or contact when things go badly. Also reach out when things go right. Even if they voted AGAINST something. Treat them like you would want to be treated if you were wrong or mistaken. But we’ve gotta reach out and let them know we’re here.
Anyway, I know this is hard work. If you need help collecting your reps, give me a ping via DM and I’ll help you get started.
Can you do your top 10 Tomoyo outfits? (or top 5 if 10 is too much?? It's been a long time that I haven't watched the show and I don't remember if she had a lot of different outfits)
No trouble at all! Every single one of Tomoyo’s #looks is a personal goal of mine. Unfortunately they often get overshadowed by the super elaborate costumes she makes for Sakura, but I’m here to singlehandedly fix that, right now!
10. Ghost of a young Victorian girl who was born much too frail to play with the other children (07)
9. GET WRECKED or GET DECKED out in pretty flowers and braids (62)
8. “If your hair ribbons don’t match your handbag, don’t even talk to me” (22)
7. Even in the comfort of her own home she has to match her headband to her buttons and that kind of commitment can only be admired (06)
6. A young, plucky orphan from a Charles Dickens novel (34)
5. Bad hair day, but not, like, TOO bad (66)
4. “Baking? Wait let me get my crinoline and hoop skirt ready” (ending 3)
3.Super stealthy spy outfit for inconspicuously videotaping your best friend’s date, complete with matching sunglasses for your tiny sun guardian pal (35)
2. There’s only one person who could wear evening gloves to a high school play and make it work. (14)
1. Seriously. She’s literally supposed to be an EGG in this one and she still looks gorgeous (55)
au where jack is from texas and starts every practice with the pledge of allegiance
I’ve been staring at this ask for ten minutes trying to figure out if Texas thinks it’s the only place that says the US pledge of allegiance or if there’s another pledge of allegiance just to Texas, because if anyone would do that it would be Texas, or if the joke is that it’s weird to start practices with the pledge of allegiance
I ship McCree and Hanzo because I DO see them as being compatible. Two men with a turbulent past who come together and try to be each others’ shoulder to lean on when the going gets tough and they are able to find love within each other, seeing as though they thought they never would.