1. How are you, really?
2. Pizza or chicken nuggets?
3. If you could visit any country in the world, where would you go?
4. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
5. What are you looking forward to?
6. Do you like chocolate?
7. What’s your favourite joke?
8. Are you a religious person?
9. If you had a magical pet snail what would you call it?
10. How do you like your steak cooked? (if you eat it)
11. If you were a type of animal, what would you be and why?
12. What phone do you have?
13. Have you ever got blackout drunk?
14. What do you think people think of you?
15. If you could learn one random skill, what would you learn?
16. What’s something you want right now?
17. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
18. In general what do you think about art?
19. What are some of the first things you do in the morning?
20. Marvel or DC?
21. Do you like to talk on the phone?
22. What’s your favourite song?
23. What would you do if you won the lottery?
24. What’s your middle name?
25. Do you have any pets?
26. What was the last dream you can remember about?
27. Are you single?
28. Do you like scary movies?
29. What were you thinking about before you come on tumblr?
30. Favourite flavour of ice cream?
31. What’s your last text message say?
32. What are some things you are scared of?
33. Do you like travelling?
34. If you could ask your future self one question what would it be?
35. What kind of people are you attracted to?
36. What do you do?
37. Do you feel uncomfortable if someone who you don’t know is physically close to you?
38. What has been your worst haircut/style?
39. Can you play poker?
40. Where were you when you had your last kiss?
41. What’s your favourite flower?
42. Do you buy from charity shops?
43. Are you ticklish?
44. What do you do for fun?
45. What was the last thing you ate?
46. If you met a genie who offered you three wishes, what would you wish for? (more wishes doesn’t count)
47. Favourite band?
48. Do you have any tattoos? If so what are they?
49. Have you ever been fishing?
50. What was the last present you received?
hello lottie, i need some advice. so i've identified as bisexual for about a year now, but i've only dated guys so far. recently, someone suggested that the reason none of my relationships w guys have worked out well might be bc i'm actually not interested in men, and i'm a little stumped. have you ever struggled with knowing whether you're attracted to people of a certain gender/what that means for your identity? do you have any advice? thanks a bunch, love u, xx
oh god, YES. constantly. ALL THE TIME.
I like to call what you’re having a BISEXISTENTIAL CRISIS™. generally mine go like this: lie in bed thinking about marrying Kristen Stewart. swear, hand-to-heart, that there is no one else for me on this good earth, except maybe Clea DuVall. realise that, if I’m being completely honest with myself, I can only ever imagine ending up with a woman. sit bolt upright. gasp. whisper, “am I… a lesbian?” wonder what this means for my bisexual sideblog. panic for a few seconds. grab my phone and google “Chris Evans beard”. scroll. realise I am definitely not a lesbian. lie down. chuckle. go to sleep. repeat every 6-8 weeks.
my advice (to myself, every day) is generally just “ROLL WITH IT”, which I know is about as useful as nipples on a breastplate, but honestly, what else am I SUPPOSED to advise myself? I am a goddamned MESS re: romantic/sexual attraction and that ever-swinging GENDER PENDULUM. (although, it’s less a pendulum and more that game with the tennis ball on the string that you smack back and forth around the pole. SMACK! boys. SMACK! girls. SMACK! everyone. SMACK! anyone the slightest bit feminine, regardless of gender identity. SMACK! Oscaar Isaac and absolutely no one else, for about three weeks now.)
I think the thing that we all forget is that a) except in the Representation Is Important and Young Queer People Should See Themselves Reflected Both in Popular Culture and in Their Idols way, IT DOESN’T ACTUALLY MATTER THAT MUCH, and b) YOU DON’T HAVE TO TELL PEOPLE SHIT. whenever I’m in the throes of a Bisexistential Crisis™ that lasts longer than googling Chris Evans’ beard, I tend to gently remind myself that absolutely no one is going to come banging on my door in the next ten minutes DEMANDING to know EXACTLY how I identify, who I’m attracted to, and how. I don’t have to update my CV with my sexuality. there’s no deadline on Figuring Things Out! everything is okay! I can keep changing my mind for the next 60 years! who even cares?!
so yeah, my advice is pretty much “ROLL WITH IT”, with a side of “have a deep chat with yourself, on and off, for the rest of your life”. maybe you’re sexually attracted to some genders and romantically attracted to others. maybe it overlaps a bit in the middle. maybe you don’t have a clue and you’re just gonna have to keep touching dicks to find out. maybe you’ll never touch another dick in your life. maybe you’ll touch TEN MORE DICKS! who knows, not me, life is a journey, the past is a statement, the future is a question, enjoy.
I’ve been on some medication to treat some mental issues I’ve dealt with all my life. I don’t like talking about what, exactly, they are in a public space because I don’t wear my mental illnesses like a badge of honor.
I’ve struggled for almost a decade with motivation to do things I enjoyed. I clawed and punched at the walls of the hole I’d fallen into and when I thought I might drown @tackysnaps helped me out. She is my best friend and I love her with all my heart and soul. With the help of medications, a very patient and knowledgeable psychiatrist, my wonderful husband, and Tacky, I can finally say that I am doing well.
And I know I’m doing well because I finally decided to take on a commission. I haven’t done commission work in … over a decade. But I took this commission and the commissioner is patient and understanding but the thing that’s surprised me the most?
I’m excited to do this art for someone else. I’m excited to pick up my tablet and draw someone else’s character. It might take me some time because I work slowly, but I’m so fucking pumped to do this art it’s unreal. I wanted to take today off so I could sit at home and art.
@dragonsaremagical is second in my queue and I’m excited to draw something for her. She listened to me when I had some serious problems going on a few months ago. She put on her serious face and gave me some much-needed support and encouragement and it stuck with me. It’ll always stick with me. Thank you, Bob.
And that, my friends, is how I know everything, for the first time in years, is all right.