5 headcanons about Lin and Zuko's relationship, please?
1. Toph had no idea what to do with a baby, and there was no way she was going to go to Katara about it. (There was also no way she was going to go to her parents about it, but that went without saying. Going to Katara was unthinkable, but not quite unimaginable, not like going to her parents.) So she showed up six months pregnant on Iroh’s doorstep. Iroh quietly passed her onto Zuko.
2. So Zuko was a part of Lin’s life since before she was born, but for most of her childhood, she was in Republic City with her mom, while he was ruling the Fire Nation. She mostly saw him when he visited Republic City for whatever reason, or when her mother sent her to the Fire Nation during school breaks to get her out of her hair. He always had a present for her, and he took her and Izumi swimming and sailing, and she thought he was just wonderful.
3. The first time she called him Uncle, he almost broke down crying.
4. There were a lot of times, especially as she got older, that she didn’t want to say something to her mother, or ask her a certain question, so she would ask Zuko. When she was little, she used to save them up for when she saw him, but as she got a little older, she started writing him letters instead. Zuko would give her advice and answer her questions, and talk with her about the world and what he had seen, and he was always honest with her, and never seemed annoyed that she would ask something. She learned a lot about honor from him, which might not have been the best, but oh well.
5. Zuko took all of the kids up on Druk at least once. Lin tried to pretend she wasn’t impressed. She was.