I wanted to make this list because books are my passion and independent bookstores in particular are a wonderful thing which should be given more notice. Note: This list is not alphabetical, nor in order of best to worst, but by our route, and the ones we happened to find. I’m sure I have missed many, so please input any really good bookstores, I’d love to know about them!
- Battery Park Book Exchange & Champaign Bar, Asheville NC
- Malaprop’s Bookstore, Asheville NC
- Dauphine Street Books, New Orleans LA
- Collected Works Bookstore, Santa Fe NM
- City Lights Bookstore, San Francisco CA
- Powell’s City of Books, Portland OR
- Eagle Harbour Book Co., Seattle WA
- Munro’s Books, Victoria CANADA
- Boulder Books, Boulder CO
- Jackson Street Booksellers, Omaha NE
- Northshire Books, Saratoga Springs NY
- Crow Bookshop, Burlington VM
- Sherman Books and Stationary, Portland ME
- Harvard Bookstore, Boston MA
- Toad Hall Books, Rockport MA
- Wicked Good Books, Salem MA
- Spoonbill & Sugartown, Brooklyn NY
- McNally Jackson Books, New York City NY
- The Strand, New York City NY
- Posman Books, New York City NY
I hope you enjoy the list, and support independent booksellers!
Check out some of our favorite reasons for book-banning!
We must admit that we’re fans of real downers and masterpieces of satanic deception here, and on some days might go so far as to say breaking dishes so you don’t have to wash them is a legitimate life choice.
So far we’ve collected 708 books for Accio Books! If you’re in the area, make sure you check out our closing party on Wednesday, April 30th at The Hop on Merrimon. If you bring books with you, you’ll get a free raffle ticket for every book you donate up to 10! We will also be collecting books through May, so if you find more books to donate, send us an owl!